Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 76
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,087
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    There at least has been progress ... Bogut is going 1 on 1 now, so maybe a week until he can start practicing.
    8-12 weeks from jan 25th? There have been no setbacks according to the warriors staff..... how is this not very clearly a problem??
    A role model if I ever knew one

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,526
    vCash
    1500
    I don't believe anybody has argued that Bogut's painfully slow recovery is not a problem, merely that it is not a catastrophe ... yet.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Grand Rapids
    Posts
    395
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    If he really really doesnt want to risk anything... he might as well just retire.
    I can see where your coming from, seems crazy that he is not back yet.

    But with his injury history, making sure that ankle is 100% healthy has to be priority #1. We need him badly this year, if at full strength he possesses something we have lacked for a very very long time.

    I hope Bogut is ready on Halloween, but if it takes him 5-10 games to be game ready so be it. Dont rush him back and risk reinjury.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,087
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I don't believe anybody has argued that Bogut's painfully slow recovery is not a problem, merely that it is not a catastrophe ... yet.
    http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/9/2...arriors-injury


    Golden State Warriors center Andrew Bogut is still on pace to play in the team's season opener Oct. 31, but has yet to be cleared for five-on-five play, Warriors general manager Bob Myers told SFGate.com on Thursday.


    http://www.comcastsportsnet.com/land...80&feedID=2539

    Warriors general manager Bob Myers said that center Andrew Bogut took the next step in his rehabilitation process recently and will be ready for the start of training camp.

    Of course, the Warriors have been saying all along that Bogut and Curry would be ready for training camp.

    The news is hes on schedule, Myers said of Bogut. Its going as it should and hell be ready for camp. Hell be in L.A. doing normal rehab, and then going back to Australia and coming back (to the Bay Area) in early September.

    Bogut met with Dr. Richard Ferkel earlier this week and was told his fractured left ankle was making good progress.



    Im looking for any articles saying there has been a setback... because clearly- something has changed.

    Is the team just being cautious with andrew or can he really not play. Im thinking about calling fitz and brooks one of these days and asking for their take- but Fitz will just dodge the real question and say he will be back when hes ready... no point in rushing him.... except as of now... there is kind of a point in rushing him.

    BTW- Bogut didnt go on the roadtrip with the team and they will be out the next 8 days or so. They are really really pushing it on him being back for the reg season.
    A role model if I ever knew one

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,087
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Victimize View Post
    I can see where your coming from, seems crazy that he is not back yet.

    But with his injury history, making sure that ankle is 100% healthy has to be priority #1. We need him badly this year, if at full strength he possesses something we have lacked for a very very long time.

    I hope Bogut is ready on Halloween, but if it takes him 5-10 games to be game ready so be it. Dont rush him back and risk reinjury.
    5-10 games is insane... 8-12 weeks from jan 25 was the time table.... and he has not hit any setbacks???

    Besides... Boguts injuries have been freak things. He hasnt ever been injured from coming back to early from a previous injury. Even if Bogut sits out the entire month of november- that doesnt gaurenty he wont break his ribs the second week of december. Since all his injuries are freak injuries... the warriors just need him back if he is capable of playing.

    and if he cant get back on that ankle afterhaving 6 or 7 months longer than the original time table- what is another month going to do? Something clearly is wrong.....
    A role model if I ever knew one

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Grand Rapids
    Posts
    395
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    5-10 games is insane... 8-12 weeks from jan 25 was the time table.... and he has not hit any setbacks???

    Besides... Boguts injuries have been freak things. He hasnt ever been injured from coming back to early from a previous injury. Even if Bogut sits out the entire month of november- that doesnt gaurenty he wont break his ribs the second week of december. Since all his injuries are freak injuries... the warriors just need him back if he is capable of playing.

    and if he cant get back on that ankle afterhaving 6 or 7 months longer than the original time table- what is another month going to do? Something clearly is wrong.....
    When I said game ready, I meant game shape/back to himself if you get what I mean. I didnt mean miss 5-10 games. Skipping out on meaningless preseason games is not a big deal. The pace and style of preseason v.s. regular season is a big difference. If it takes him 5 games to shake the rust off, I think thats the way to go... Preseason can't simulate regular season games. He is a vital part of this team, so being cautious is the smart thing to do even if it seems kinda ridiculous at the amount of time he has had to heal.

    If he plays a few preseason games cool, but I dont think its a big deal if he doesnt. I think we are all overreacting a bit, if he doesnt play on opening night I will be very concerned... but until then I am not too worried.
    Last edited by Victimize; 10-16-2012 at 05:18 PM.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,087
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Victimize View Post
    When I said game ready, I meant game shape/back to himself if you get what I mean. I didnt mean miss 5-10 games. Skipping out on meaningless preseason games is not a big deal. The pace and style of preseason v.s. regular season is a big difference. If it takes him 5 games to shake the rust off, I think thats the way to go... Preseason can't simulate regular season games. He is a vital part of this team, so being cautious is the smart thing to do even if it seems kinda ridiculous at the amount of time he has had to heal.

    If he plays a few preseason games cool, but I dont think its a big deal if he doesnt. I think we are all overreacting a bit, if he doesnt play on opening night I will be very concerned... but until then I am not too worried.
    considering he hasnt played since jan and he has never been on the floor with the new team.... I would argue that playing a few pre season games are a pretty big deal.

    I am concerned because they said he would definitely be ready for training camp, and now 2 weeks into training camp... not only is he still sitting, but there isnt a clear time he is expected back- and there are no reports that anything has gone wrong.
    A role model if I ever knew one

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,526
    vCash
    1500
    Not that this helps at all, but severe lower body injuries to big guys often take a lot longer to heal than the same injuries to smaller guys. Bogut is clearly going slower than the most optimistic of estimates, but he's now starting to push the pessimistic projections to the limit as well.

    On the bright side, he is now actually playing basketball, albeit one on one. That's why he stayed behind on the road trip, to step up his rehab. That's real progress and indicates that MAYBE he'll be able to go 5 on 5 when the team gets home. But who knows, and it is of essentially no benefit to the team to tell us any different, so don't expect to hear about any issues from the team until real games start and the NBA requires the team have a reason for missed games.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,714
    vCash
    34875
    The trade is not bust even if even doesn't play a single game. Monta Ellis was a blackhole and it's about time we moved on.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,087
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Not that this helps at all, but severe lower body injuries to big guys often take a lot longer to heal than the same injuries to smaller guys. Bogut is clearly going slower than the most optimistic of estimates, but he's now starting to push the pessimistic projections to the limit as well.

    On the bright side, he is now actually playing basketball, albeit one on one. That's why he stayed behind on the road trip, to step up his rehab. That's real progress and indicates that MAYBE he'll be able to go 5 on 5 when the team gets home. But who knows, and it is of essentially no benefit to the team to tell us any different, so don't expect to hear about any issues from the team until real games start and the NBA requires the team have a reason for missed games.
    Ahhh... thanks for clearing that up... but I did a little research and it turns out Andrew Bogut actually was the same size when they said he would definitely be ready for training camp. It turns out he didnt grow 10 inches in the last few months.
    A role model if I ever knew one

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,526
    vCash
    1500
    Stylez, sometimes your trolling gets a little too transparent

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,012
    vCash
    1500
    The problem is that we won't win road games without the ability to get stops in the 4th quarter. We can score at will, but we need to dominate teams with our defense at least for stretches. Even with Bogut, I don't see that happening with Lee, Curry and Thompson and a rookie Barnes starting. We should be able to compete for the 8 spot if Bogut is healthy, less concerned about Curry.

    Lakers/Clippers/Thunder/Spurs/Dallas/Memphis are locks.

    2 spots left for Warriors/Minnesota/Utah/Denver. I see Denver and Utah getting in unless Curry and Bogut both play 75+ games and we suffer no other major injuries, which I highly doubt. If Minny can keep Rubio and Roy healthy, they'll be in for sure, but that's not likely either. That's the way I see it.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,087
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sfattahian View Post
    The problem is that we won't win road games without the ability to get stops in the 4th quarter. We can score at will, but we need to dominate teams with our defense at least for stretches. Even with Bogut, I don't see that happening with Lee, Curry and Thompson and a rookie Barnes starting. We should be able to compete for the 8 spot if Bogut is healthy, less concerned about Curry.

    Lakers/Clippers/Thunder/Spurs/Dallas/Memphis are locks.

    2 spots left for Warriors/Minnesota/Utah/Denver. I see Denver and Utah getting in unless Curry and Bogut both play 75+ games and we suffer no other major injuries, which I highly doubt. If Minny can keep Rubio and Roy healthy, they'll be in for sure, but that's not likely either. That's the way I see it.
    Im not sure dallas is a lock- its looking more and more likely that dirk will require surgery within the next month or so... which should keep him out 6-8 weeks. Also Losing jason terry and jason kidd will hurt them. I like kamen and think he can help... but brand is a question mark at this stage. I would feel stronger about denvers chances than dallas. Denver has great depth.

    Its hard to evaluate our team without ever seeing them- but I dont think the t wolves are as good as us if both teams are healthy.

    in regards to our defense- if there is one position that can make a clear difference in team defense- its a center who can protect the rim. Theres no question that Bogut is that player if hes healthy.

    Having a center like Bogut on the floor mgiht not make us a top 5 defensive team, but it puts us in the middle of the pack. Also- with the depth the team has now- players will be able to get more aggressive on defense because foul trouble wont be as big of an issue.

    The depth should also help keep guys fresh into the last 5 minutes of the game. (this is a problem that has hurt the warriors down the stretch of close games the last couple years). David lee would be the go to guy for 40 minutes of the game Before crunch time....a player can only do that for so many weeks during the regular season.
    A role model if I ever knew one

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,526
    vCash
    1500
    You think Dallas without Nowitski at 100% is a lock? It's still a possibility he will miss a chunk of the season.

    I don't trust the Clippers yet ... they have sucked to bad for too long for me to think they have changed their stripes with the same ownership.

    The Spurs are old and could have major injury issues in front of them.

    The Warriors don't have to dominate on D, they just have to actually PLAY D and rebound at an average rate and they should make the playoffs. In the NBA average teams make the playoffs. They will have to play a lot better on D than they have in a long long time if they are going to advance once they get to the playoffs.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,526
    vCash
    1500
    Good point Stylez, Kamen and Brand are both less than 100% healthy too.

    The Twolves are an interesting team when healthy, but I haven't even seen an estimate of when Rubio will be back and Rubio totally transforms that team.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •