Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Warriors making the playoffs?

Found this article on Reddit.

Many Warriors’ fans groaned when the Warriors traded Monta Ellis to the Bucks for Andrew Bogut and Stephen Jackson. The Warriors were giving up one of the premier scorers in the NBA for an injured center and 33-year-old who was averaging 10.5 points per game.

Although at the time it may have looked like a bad trade for the Warriors, it will work out in the long run. The departure of Ellis opened up the door for Klay Thompson, who is ready to become a superstar.

Dorell Wright didn’t follow up his breakout season in 2010 very well and was traded away. That should give Harrison Barnes significant playing time, but the real key is Stephen Curry. If he stays healthy, he is ready to become a truly elite point guard.

The Warriors have a great mix of height and versatility and youth and experience, which should be enough for a playoff berth.
    You can see all other playoff predictions in both conferences here:
    http://www.ikasports.com/2012/10/201...edictions.html

They have us at the 7th seed facing the Thunder in the first round, and us losing 4-2 in the series.

vCash
    except they say that every year...

vCash
    this trade only works if bogut is ready and at 100% for the entire season including opening night. I dont think he will be at 100% game shape unless he gets in for 2 or 3 pre season games and that is starting to look unlikely... therefor the trade is likely to be a bust on the warriors part.

Klay thompson looks like he might be a decent player... but as of this second I dont see him as a clear upgrade to monta ellis (yes I realize he is taller.... but im not sure many gms would trade monta for klay straight up as of right now... that could change)

harrison barnes looks good... i dont know how much he is going to influence games as a rookie though... IS he a guy who will be the difference between wins and losses right away? I dunno.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    The Warriors have a really good chance to make the playoffs IF they stay healthy. We all know that. I really think Carl Landry is going to make a big difference off the bench. This team has really been lacking a legit big man off the bench. I also really like Jarret Jack off the bench, because he is a solid back up to Curry which will be key. Their bench is really going to make all the difference. Teams like the Wolves and Mavs (teams competeting for the lower playoff seeds) are pretty thin without any bench.

vCash
    I think this team is better than last years and we do have a great bit of more depth. But with that said this whole season is going to depend on if's. If Curry, Lee and Bogut can stay healthy, if Barnes can play up to potential, if Thompson is ready to be are #1 SG for the long haul. All of these will have to come true for us to make the playoffs.

1-2 Lakers and Thunder are going to be clearly the two best teams in the west.
    3-6 Spurs, Clippers, Grizzlies and Mavericks are pretty much locks to make the playoffs in my opinion. (although spurs have to worry about Duncans health and Mavericks have to worry about Dirks health).
    7 Nuggets alot of people think they are going to make noise, I don't see them being at the top or even beating the other teams previously mentioned but they are the 7th seed and pretty far ahead of the 8th.
    8-10 Jazz, Wolves and Warriors. Those two teams we are gonna be battling for the last seed. We got all the pieces but need to have those if situations come true. Wolves have built a nice team and are going to be threatening. Jazz though are the team I am mostly concerned about.
    11-15 Blazers, Suns, Hornets, Kings and Rockets are all re-building. They are not going to be compeititive for the most part but they can play spoiler early in the season before they tank for the highest possible lottery pick.

vCash
    I'll call that a good season.

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash
    Stylez ... your statement implies that you believe that if Bogut plays 81 games and plays great but misses the first game of the season the trade is a bust? Sometimes your desire to rile people up takes you places you can't reasonably justify.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Stylez ... your statement implies that you believe that if Bogut plays 81 games and plays great but misses the first game of the season the trade is a bust? Sometimes your desire to rile people up takes you places you can't reasonably justify.
    wel bogut wont just miss one game. If he misses the first game... you can bet that he will miss more and the more players that miss games... the more other players are likely to sit out games (much like the end of last season)... its just not a good habbit to get into...

vCash
    They have depth in each position this year, which goes along way especially barring injury. They have a Center that can defend and score (Bogut). They have options than before (Thompson, Curry, & Rush)

vCash
    I can see them obtaining the 7th or 8th seed. The West is always stack with contenders even with no elite superstars on some teams!

vCash
    Stylez, I understand that Bogut missing games isn't good but I don't know that missing a game or even 6 games means for any kind of certainty that he will miss more games, in fact it might mean he misses fewer games by staying out a little longer in the beginning. Also this team has enough veterans and talent on it now that if Bogut misses games they are likely to throw in the towel at all, let alone quickly.

this trade only works if bogut is ready and at 100% for the entire season ... therefor the trade is likely to be a bust on the warriors part. That's simply hyperbolic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Stylez, I understand that Bogut missing games isn't good but I don't know that missing a game or even 6 games means for any kind of certainty that he will miss more games, in fact it might mean he misses fewer games by staying out a little longer in the beginning. Also this team has enough veterans and talent on it now that if Bogut misses games they are likely to throw in the towel at all, let alone quickly.

this trade only works if bogut is ready and at 100% for the entire season ... therefor the trade is likely to be a bust on the warriors part. That's simply hyperbolic.
    im just trying to figure out what changed. He said he would definitely be 100% fine for october (do you really think he literally meant the very last day of october?).... and even if he is here the last day of october but doesnt even go 5 on 5 until then... he wont be close to 100%. Its hard to imagine bogut getting out there and playing significant minutes early in the season if he isnt out going 5 on 5 by the end of this week. His timing is going to be SOOOOOO off.

I understand not rushing back when you dont have too.... but were getting to 2 weeks before the season and bogut hasnt played ball since january... I dont think getting him out there in 5 on 5 now is unreasonable. THE WHOLE REASON HE WAS TRADED FOR WAS FOR THIS YEAR...

do you understand we tanked last season for THIS YEAR!!!!.... and now bogut might not be at 100% for the first 3 weeks of the season... (and they might push it back again?.... training camp should have been circled on his calander from the time of the trade....And since EVERYTHING IS GOING ON SCHEDULE..... the only reason he wouldnt be practicing is precautionary... but being overly cautious is actually starting to have clear consequences now

If he really really doesnt want to risk anything... he might as well just retire.

vCash
    No, the management also has the future in plan. It's not just this year.

vCash
    There at least has been progress ... Bogut is going 1 on 1 now, so maybe a week until he can start practicing.

vCash
    Lakers
    Thunder
    Spurs
    Clippers
    Nuggets
    Grizzlies
    Warriors
    Mavericks

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast