Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Bills review thus far

After a terrible start to the season against the jets where the offense turned the ball over frequently while also suffering a major blow to the rb corp in Jackson, the offense behind cj spiller managed to put up some late points to help bridge the gap from a total blowout. Meanwhile I defense we let Sanchez look like Tom Brady, and the jets offense playing with a short field due to offensive turnovers ran all over us. To top it off our 90 million dollar man did nothing.

Week two we came in and ran over the chiefs behind yet another brilliant performance by spiller, and a 3 td day for fitz with no turn over. Defensively had some sacks and turnovers but still nothing to say from super Mario.

Week 3 we stepped up to hold on against the browns, after a quick 14-0 lead we managed to hold on by yet another good performance. By fitz who now has 8 td on the year through 3 games. However this victory came with a cost, with the loss of our stud back for 1-2 games hopefully max. Good thing is still no offense turnovers and with out cj choice stepped up and played good and defensively we finally saw some sacks out of Mario and defense played well again.

So are you guys bill-ievers yet or is this going to turn into same thing as last year. Btw just like last year our offense is #6 and our defense has a lot more turnovers... What do you guys think... I feel if we can hold our own or win against the patriots we will be doing great

vCash
    The corners need to take it up a notch, but the O-line has been great.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    I need a few more weeks to become a true believer. This week's game is a true test.

I'm happy we won yesterday, but we should have won.

vCash
    agreed, the schedule has been favorable.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    IMO, there are 4 areas of concern keeping us from being contenders:

Fitz, a #2 receiver, our backers and ALL corners.

Fitzpatrick: Even in a Trent Dilfer-esque "just manage and don't throw away" game, he still inexplicably fumbled the ball... SMH. My doubts on Fitzy ever being more than a fast-reacting mediocre arm is becoming reality. Maybe, just maybe he can be Dilfer and take us to the SB --- the Ravens had an elite D, we don't yet.

WR2: Jones played admirably, but IMO he's no more than a gritty slot reciever. Same with the rook TJ Graham -- speed to be the Wes Welker / Roscoe Parish of our team. We really need a stud here to excel -- having Spiller play a little WR helps. Here's hoping Brad or Graham step up.

Moats/Sheppard: I know Shep plays inside and is learning on the job, but they both have plenty to prove. IMO Barnett inside, with Bradford and Bryan Scott may be a better combo to defend in this pass-happy league.... but just my opinion.

Corners: I'm not worried about Gilmore -- unfortunately he's learning on the job. Williams (speed), McKelvin (ball focus) and McGee (age) are a concern. Justin Rogers seems like a keeper, and Ron Brooks may crack the lineup next year.

Scheme-wise, I'd like to see old Wanny throw in more blitz packages.

Offensively, the spread seems to be working especially since we have the best rushing attack in the league. For whatever reason, the TEs have not gotten involved... weird since they had so much success early last year.

Calling Brad Smith, calling Mr. Smith. Jeesh.

Thoughts, comments, rebuttals?

Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    In 30-40 years Nets will have the most championships in NBA history, you can quote me on it. Nobody has an owner like mine.

Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    Fact is I would take Brook over Dwight, I wanted Dwight over Brook for this team because Nets have two 20 point scorers in JJ and Deron but if I was starting a team it would be Brook he is more of a franchise player.

vCash
    To me, Fitz and the WR's go hand-in-hand. Which is actually the bigger issue… To me, it is probably Fitz. He's an average QB. A better QB would make the WR's better, at least in my opinion. It's be great to have another top WR, but it is what it is. Same with Fitz. The Bills would be smart to look for a QB in the draft next year. None of this Levi Brown type stuff in a late round. Let the new guy sit for a year and learn.

For me, LB is the biggest issue. We need a stud in one of the spots.

The DB's will hopefully only get stronger as the season progresses. I'm hopeful at least.

vCash
    I feel db will get better, and I couldn't agree more with the get a top qb prospect and not another bum to fill up the depth chart and let him sit a year. Wr we still need a true number one, a guy we can count on late in the game to come up with the clutch pass.

vCash
    Week 1 we loose to a contender and look awfull. Week 2 and week 3 we beat a bunch of cream puffs. One of the two teams is now 0-3 and the other team needed a feild goal that barely went through and overtime to be 1-2. Its hard to guage this team based on that.

This game might put the nail in the hearts of all us optimistic Bills fans. I think Brady is going to throw all over us like Sanchez did (like KC and CLeveland couldnt) and then the game will be up to Fitz to keep up. In that case, he throws 3 interceptions and were done.

Hopefully our corners learn how to read a play and cover the Pats receivers and at the same time, we RUN RUN and RUN the ball to control the flow. We win if Fitz doesnt have to throw the ball 20 times. As the Jets showed us all, Fitz is the worst gunslinger in the NFL.

vCash
    Yeah I have confidence in our DB's. If anything, you get a FA there in the offseason.
    Right now my offseason would include a FA CB, and a FA WR. Then draft a LB and trade up to draft a QB. I'd trade away the entire draft to move our second pick into the first. How you acquire the LB and WR are interchangeable, depending on who's available and where.
    Last edited by ChongInc.; 09-27-2012 at 02:28 PM.

vCash
    Someone called the Jets "contenders" and I can't stop laughing.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Week 1 we loose to a contender and look awfull. Week 2 and week 3 we beat a bunch of cream puffs. One of the two teams is now 0-3 and the other team needed a feild goal that barely went through and overtime to be 1-2. Its hard to guage this team based on that.

This game might put the nail in the hearts of all us optimistic Bills fans. I think Brady is going to throw all over us like Sanchez did (like KC and CLeveland couldnt) and then the game will be up to Fitz to keep up. In that case, he throws 3 interceptions and were done.

Hopefully our corners learn how to read a play and cover the Pats receivers and at the same time, we RUN RUN and RUN the ball to control the flow. We win if Fitz doesnt have to throw the ball 20 times. As the Jets showed us all, Fitz is the worst gunslinger in the NFL.
    Nice troll there.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Just to make a point fitz is leading the league in td passes... As well as picks... And our offense points wise is up among the top of the league...

vCash
    The question I keep asking myself is if he would have thrown all those picks if he wasn't trying to force throws he can't make to keep pace with the other teams scoring, or is it a case of the other teams wouldn't score so much if we didn't keep sticking the defense on the field from turnovers? While I do consider that fact that the three int's from the jets game were when we were already behind, I also consider the fact that those int's didn't help keep the game close either. Seems like a big catch 22 to me and I can't champion Fitz for all of the TD's when they also come with all of the int's.

vCash
    Well fitz didn't allow 52 points... His picks didn't help, no doubt. But defense was lost against pats. I don't think it would have mattered where on the field they were, they stil would have scored. I feel our game plan should be get ahead and do it quick... Then ball control with a steady dose of spiller and Jackson there after. But if our offense if putting up 28 pts per game we should win, period.

vCash
    I think Fitz leading the NFL in TD's is the most misleading stat out there. It looks nice, but it's not the reality.

The offense and the defense can share the blame from the Patriots game. We had 6 TO's. Not going to get it done.

I'm baffled by our run D. We need better LB's. Maybe some better players in the safety positions as well.

Many want to blame Mario and his big contract, but he wasn't the only one out there playing poorly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast