Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 405
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    50,595
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    This is the bottom line with Hundley in a small sample of 308 PA in 2011 he was very good, in his other 1,037 PA he has been ****** and well below average and this is the guy that is a better option than Thole?

    Yeah I don't think so.

    I don't like him because stats show he has not been good for most of his career except for 308 PA in 2011.


    If your happy with bottom feeding and going for guys like Hundley be my guest, I rather hope they do much better than him.
    In 2009 and 2010 he was slightly above average for a catcher! Why is this hard to understand? He is definitely better than Thole and won't cost much to get at all. 2008 was four years ago, I'll take the more current 3 year sample from 2009 to 2011. I personally think this year was a fluke for Hundley and the injury had a big part of it.

    Bottom feeding would be getting a bum like Olivo or Barajas.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 10-14-2012 at 07:02 PM.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    50,595
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    How, his stats do not show that except for 308 PA in 2011, if I want a stop gap guy their are better options, give me a veteran like Ross or a guy like Soto.
    Oh, so why is it OK to go after Soto and not Hundley? He's 8 months older than Hundley and has only had one good year in the last 4 years. His last great year was 2010, but in 2009 he sucked too. Even moving to the Rangers(a homer haven) he still sucked.

    From 2009-2011, here's how they compare.

    Soto: .337 wOBA 104 wRC+
    Hundley: .330 wOBA 110 wRC+

    Oh, and the last time Ross had regular AB was 2007 and he did this:

    Ross: .287 wOBA 63 wRC+

    Yeah, those guys are no better than Hundley, so stop the bias **** already.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    77,517
    vCash
    1500
    So once again we got to cherry picking stats and ignoring what a guy has done in other years just to try and make a case. Yeah alright.

    Soto who has a career .337 wOBA and 102 wRC+ and a line of .248/.336/.447 for his career is more likely to do better than Hundley whose career numbers have been already posted and has done real bad except for 307 PA in 2011.

    If you do not understand that then the one with bias **** is you, I have nothing to be bias about against Hundley, he just sucks and has put similar number to Thole and I want the Mets to get a guy that is likely to do much better than that.


    Ross has a career wOBA of .331.

    David Ross the last 4 years has a wOBA .357 and wRC+ of 122, a WAR o 6.4 and a line of .269/.353/.463 in some 663 PA.

    Please is not even close.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    50,595
    vCash
    1500
    Enough with the career lines for goodness sake. Jason Bay has a career wOBA of .365. I'm talking about right now. Hundley has had more success in the past two seasons than Soto even with his injury-riddled 2012 campaign. Have you ever tried playing baseball games with an injury? Especially for a physically-taxing position like catcher, it's not easy.

    Gimme a break with Ross. He is a back-up catcher that will make too much for us anyway. He has not been a regular catcher since 2007. He's been serving as McCann's back-up all these years playing with a fresh body, so it's no wonder he's been better.

    This is Ross's PA by the year over the last 5 seasons: 182, 151, 145, 171, 196. Are you relying on that 36 year old catcher to give you 300+ quality PA?

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    77,517
    vCash
    1500
    Stop bringing Bay into this because his case is different all together, Soto and Hundley are the same age and once again you are trying to skew their stats so it helps your argument, sorry but again I don't buy that BS argument because is just that. Why not add 2010 as well because you know Soto was very good that year and was Better than Hundley's 2011 and he did it on more PA not a small sample size of 307.

    Your whole argument for Hundley is based on 307 PA dude and that is just not a good enough argument period.

    Funny thing is you would advocate for Ross, but because somebody mentions he is a better option that the ****** player you currently advocate, then he is not good enough now.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    701
    vCash
    1500
    I'm not saying that I would be unhappy with Ross, I agree he would be a good option. But Hundley is going to be CHEAP. We need to spend more in the OF, and if we get Hundley for nothing, we can use prospects and funds to get an OF or two that are actually major league quality and not the crap we had this past year

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    77,517
    vCash
    1500
    Also you talk about being a part timer, Hundley has never had more than 308 PA EVER in the pros, so what makes you think he is a guy that will now be able to have 450 PA and be the main starter for a team?

    Seriously your argument for him is so flawed that you use the same argument against others guys and ignore the fact that Hundley has those same issues.

    Let alone you ignore the fact that he has a knee issue and could be a problem going forward, but you happily make it an excuse for him for his ****** 2012.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    50,595
    vCash
    1500
    No it's not a different case, some guys just lose their talent over night, and Soto seems to be that guy, and he's been wildly inconsistent in his career anyway, so I'd pass on him. I wanted him at the deadline to see what he could do, but he was trash on the Rangers with that great ballpark and line-up protection.(if you're one who believes that)

    If you were paying any attention to my argument, I have been advocating for Hundley's 904 PA from 2009-2011. Two slightly above average years and one every good one. His defense has vastly improved as well.

    As for Ross, I did not notice how little PA he has accumulated over his career before, but he would be a bad option, just more of an unrealistic one since we know the Mets will not spend money to get him anyway. So I'm really talking about Hundley and Soto.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    77,517
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsJets0809 View Post
    I'm not saying that I would be unhappy with Ross, I agree he would be a good option. But Hundley is going to be CHEAP. We need to spend more in the OF, and if we get Hundley for nothing, we can use prospects and funds to get an OF or two that are actually major league quality and not the crap we had this past year
    The Mets need to address both fronts period, if you can get a young catcher that can be here for a while you do it and if it means losing a couple of good prospects , you do it much as you would do it for an outfielder.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    50,595
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsJets0809 View Post
    I'm not saying that I would be unhappy with Ross, I agree he would be a good option. But Hundley is going to be CHEAP. We need to spend more in the OF, and if we get Hundley for nothing, we can use prospects and funds to get an OF or two that are actually major league quality and not the crap we had this past year
    Yeah, I know we aren't getting Ross so I'm trying to be realistic here. You don't need a great catcher, we just need an adequate one that hits for power and plays better defense than Thole. Hundley fits that bill.

    I would rather spend/trade for impact outfield talent.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    701
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah, but Ross has also been a part time player. He had 2 years in 2006 and 2007 in which he actually played more than 75 games. The guy is also 35 years old. I mean I'd rather try to give a 29 year old guy that has had a limited amount of success but has some talent than a 35 year old catcher who while is still an awesome back up, has been that for the majority of his career. And he isn't getting any younger

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    701
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Yeah, I know we aren't getting Ross so I'm trying to be realistic here. You don't need a great catcher, we just need an adequate one that hits for power and plays better defense than Thole. Hundley fits that bill.

    I would rather spend/trade for impact outfield talent.
    Exactly haha. It's a much bigger need

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    77,517
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    No it's not a different case, some guys just lose their talent over night, and Soto seems to be that guy, and he's been wildly inconsistent in his career anyway, so I'd pass on him. I wanted him at the deadline to see what he could do, but he was trash on the Rangers with that great ballpark and line-up protection.(if you're one who believes that)

    If you were paying any attention to my argument, I have been advocating for Hundley's 904 PA from 2009-2011. Two slightly above average years and one every good one. His defense has vastly improved as well.

    As for Ross, I did not notice how little PA he has accumulated over his career before, but he would be a bad option, just more of an unrealistic one since we know the Mets will not spend money to get him anyway. So I'm really talking about Hundley and Soto.
    Your argument has been to ignore the ****** years that he has had and put emphasis on the 307 PA he had in 2011 period to make a case for him being better in the future, I don't buy it.

    Is not the same case because is 2 different people period, some guys bounce back and some don't. You are not in a position to determine who will and who wont.

    Ross has had very little PA in the last 4 years because you know there is a guy called McCann who starts most of the time, on other teams he is likely to have started more.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    701
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    The Mets need to address both fronts period, if you can get a young catcher that can be here for a while you do it and if it means losing a couple of good prospects , you do it much as you would do it for an outfielder.
    No I agree totally, but Ross isn't the kind of guy that we need. Hundley is closer to that than Ross, and would cost NOTHING. To me, thats a pretty great thing

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    77,517
    vCash
    1500
    So adequate at best is the ****ing goal here?

    I rest my case, hence why am really sad that people here are pulling for the Mets to get Hundley who is likely to suck balls just like Thole, but lets hope he is adequate.

    I want the Mets to get a guy who will be more than adequate, not just for the near future, but for the long term.

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •