Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I know this means very little in real life, but in my OOTP Simulation the New York Mets have Ryan Ludwick.

vCash
    I know i sound repetitious but no one is coming to the ballpark the next 3 years with this team sucking the way they do and doing nothing to improve.

Their attendance last year was based on a very quick start. (and even that couldn't get people to the ballpark in April and May)

If this team starts slow next year and is obviously consistently bad throughout, i have a feeling they might not break the 1.5 million mark.

We aren't the lovable losing Cubs who break 3+million each year with a 60 win ball club, people have expectations in NY and if they keep taking this course of not continually meeting them, Met fans will be become indifferent towards going to Citi Field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I know i sound repetitious but no one is coming to the ballpark the next 3 years with this team sucking the way they do and doing nothing to improve.

Their attendance last year was based on a very quick start. (and even that couldn't get people to the ballpark in April and May)

If this team starts slow next year and is obviously consistently bad throughout, i have a feeling they might not break the 1.5 million mark.

We aren't the lovable losing Cubs who break 3+million each year with a 60 win ball club, people have expectations in NY and if they keep taking this course of not continually meeting them, Met fans will be become indifferent towards going to Citi Field.

Bingo, a poor start and attendance will fall off the chart, where's the money for free-agents gonna come from then?

This supposed 'plan' is absolute BS. It does not add up. People keep saying 'they're gonna have to spend' but spend what? as I keep saying their break even payroll last year was about $72M, what's break even this year going to be if att. falls again? how much are they going to lose in 2013?

Without an injection of money I do not see where the improvements are going to come from.

Losing Johan and Bay is not going to fund a new team that can compete IMO.

I don't think anyone can fail to comprehend just how much is resting on 2 young arms, if they get hurt or fall short of expectations then it's all over for years, if it isn't already.

What a total ******* mess.

vCash
    wut would it take to get ike davis from you guys?

wanna get an idea?

Vargas, carp?
    smoak, pryor/capps (potential closers)
    ackley, noesi/luetge

is ike even available?
    Last edited by Rain City; 10-25-2012 at 12:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Bingo, a poor start and attendance will fall off the chart, where's the money for free-agents gonna come from then?

This supposed 'plan' is absolute BS. It does not add up. People keep saying 'they're gonna have to spend' but spend what? as I keep saying their break even payroll last year was about $72M, what's break even this year going to be if att. falls again? how much are they going to lose in 2013?

Without an injection of money I do not see where the improvements are going to come from.

Losing Johan and Bay is not going to fund a new team that can compete IMO.

I don't think anyone can fail to comprehend just how much is resting on 2 young arms, if they get hurt or fall short of expectations then it's all over for years, if it isn't already.

What a total ******* mess.
    They have money outside of the ball club, that's why Saul, Fred, and Jeff bought some of those 240 million dollar shares that were infused in the team this past season.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012...ilpon-sny-mets

The Wilpons are not broke, they have corporate entities outside of the Mets that make money.

Obviously they are not using that money to improve the team, but let's not act like they are holding a cup out to people in the middle of Times Square.

The baseball team is losing money.

Fine.

But at the end of the day if they expect attendance to come back as they continue to do nothing as a franchise they are sadly mistaken.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-25-2012 at 12:30 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post

wanna get an idea?

Vargas, carp?
    ackley, noesi/luetge

i
    It's gonna take more than any of those guys you mentioned.

Smoak has underachieved, we don't want Carp.

We have SP and we had Vargas before so probably not (Noesi was terrible last year so heck no lol)

Ackley has potential and i like Luetge but still Ike is worth more than that imo.

Some of your younger relievers are intriguing but relievers are too bi polar and you don't deal Ike Davis for Ackley and a potential closer.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-25-2012 at 12:13 PM.

vCash
    Mike Zunino and Michael Saunders for Ike Davis and you got it.

vCash
    They have money outside of the ball club, that's why Saul, Fred, and Jeff bought some of that 240 million dollars that were infused in the team this past season.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012...ilpon-sny-mets

The Wilpons are not broke, they have corporate entities outside of the Mets that make money.

Obviously they are not using that money to improve the team, but let's not act like they are holding a cup out to people in Times Square.

The baseball team is losing money.

Fine.

But at the end of the day if they expect attendance to come back as they continue to do nothing as a franchise they are sadly mistaken.

They're broke in terms of funding their baseball team, they have money-making businesses outside the Mets?

If they divert money from other interests that money will not go on players it will go on debts.

People say the baseball club was funded by Madoff, it appears that's reasonable, the money for baseball dried up almost immediately, so if they're making money elsewhere, it is not filtering into the team.

They are sadly mistaken, but then they've always been sadly mistaken about baseball, they still have the arrogance to believe that NY'ers will pay hand over fist for a loser, they won't.

The Coupons are stubborn and arrogant beyond belief. Building a winner is the last thing on their minds, they would let the team rot for a decade of it meant they could hold onto it. How many baseball years have we lost so far?

2009, 10, 11, 12 and 13 just round the corner. That's FIVE YEARS wasted already.

They don't give a flying you know what about this team.

vCash
    They're broke in terms of funding their baseball team, they have money-making businesses outside the Mets?

If they divert money from other interests that money will not go on players it will go on debts.

People say the baseball club was funded by Madoff, it appears that's reasonable, the money for baseball dried up almost immediately, so if they're making money elsewhere, it is not filtering into the team.

They are sadly mistaken, but then they've always been sadly mistaken about baseball, they still have the arrogance to believe that NY'ers will pay hand over fist for a loser, they won't.

The Coupons are stubborn and arrogant beyond belief. Building a winner is the last thing on their minds, they would let the team rot for a decade of it meant they could hold onto it. How many baseball years have we lost so far?

2009, 10, 11, 12 and 13 just round the corner. That's FIVE YEARS wasted already.

They don't give a flying you know what about this team.
    They didn't go in with the intention of 09', 10', 11' being wasted.

That had a top 5 payroll in baseball during those years regardless of how many players they had that money invested in.

Yes this year and next year were and are going to be completely wasted, i have no argument with you there.

The problem is the Wilpon's financial dealings are not of public record. Their entities outside of the Mets are private holdings and therefore we have no knowledge of how much money they are worth or how much money they make independent of the Mets.

I would have to believe though over the last 25-30 years the Wilpons have made quite a bit of money with the Mets, their corporate real estate holdings and more recently Sterling Enterprises and SNY (and those are just the entities we know of, i am sure they have other money making ventures)

They've made hundreds of million if not billions of dollars.

There is money out there, they are just not spending it.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-25-2012 at 12:55 PM.

vCash
    If they aren't going to field a competitive baseball team anytime in the near future, they might as well sell it.

There is no way they will make money on a consistently losing franchise. They don't have the charm the Cubs do or the loyalty Red Sox fans have when being losers.

They could make over over 750 million dollars on the franchise between the team and SNY if they sold it (I would say over a billion because SNY makes over a 100 million dollars a year)

Sell the ****ing thing and move on.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-25-2012 at 01:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post

wanna get an idea?

Vargas, carp?
    ackley, noesi/luetge

is ike even available?
    I think he'd only be available if some team threw a ton at the Mets for him. For example, a top flight catching prospect and OF prospect/solid veteran and then some pitching with that. Very unlikely he gets moved. Duda on the other hand....

vCash
    ^Like Mike Zunino and Michael Saunders?

vCash
    They didn't go in with the intention of 09', 10', 11' being wasted.

That had a top 5 payroll in baseball during those years regardless of how many players they had that money invested in.

Yes this year and next year were and are going to be completely wasted, i have no argument with you there.

The problem is the Wilpon's financial dealings are not of public record. Their entities outside of the Mets are private holdings and therefore we have no knowledge of how much money they are worth or how much money they make independent of the Mets.

I would have to believe though over the last 25-30 years the Wilpons have made quite a bit of money with the Mets, their corporate real estate holdings and more recently Sterling Enterprises and SNY (and those are just the entities we know of, i am sure they have other money making ventures)

They've made hundreds of million if not billions of dollars.

There is money out there, they are just not spending it.

I disagree, they went into 10 and 11 without helping the team at all. They signed Bay a while ago, but that was a move that just replaced one bat with another, not a real upgrade. Let's face it they have spiralled out of control since 2008, I think it started in 2007, or even during the 06 off-season, but I digress.

They had those high payrolls because they had to have them, that does not equal trying to win, they did not try to win.

I have no idea what their financial position is and I doubt you or anyone else does either, saying they're not broke is fine, maybe they're loaded, but all that matters is, is that they're not going to invest it in the baseball team.

So to us, they're broke for all intents and purposes.

I'm not sure there is money out there, if there was why have they had to sell part of the team when they swore they'd never sell any of it? why do they need all the loans?

vCash
    I disagree, they went into 10 and 11 without helping the team at all. They signed Bay a while ago, but that was a move that just replaced one bat with another, not a real upgrade. Let's face it they have spiralled out of control since 2008, I think it started in 2007, or even during the 06 off-season, but I digress.

They had those high payrolls because they had to have them, that does not equal trying to win, they did not try to win.

I have no idea what their financial position is and I doubt you or anyone else does either, saying they're not broke is fine, maybe they're loaded, but all that matters is, is that they're not going to invest it in the baseball team.

So to us, they're broke for all intents and purposes.

I'm not sure there is money out there, if there was why have they had to sell part of the team when they swore they'd never sell any of it? why do they need all the loans?
    You're right i don't know the Wilpons finances and in that respect if they aren't using their money towards the baseball team its of no concern to us.

The only reasonable assumption i can make is the fact that they took those loans in anticipation of the fallout from the Picard lawsuit and trying to hedge their losses from a baseball team that was losing money.

Remember they took those loans in November of 2011 and sold those shares in February of 2012, they didn't settle with Picard till March of 2012.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-25-2012 at 02:19 PM.

vCash
    If they aren't going to field a competitive baseball team anytime in the near future, they might as well sell it.

There is no way they will make money on a consistently losing franchise. They don't have the charm the Cubs do or the loyalty Red Sox fans have when being losers.

They could make over over 750 million dollars on the franchise between the team and SNY if they sold it (I would say over a billion because SNY makes over a 100 million dollars a year)

Sell the ****ing thing and move on.

I hope you're right when you suggest where headed towards the point of no return in 2014, if they can't/won't spend then they never will.

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast