Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Yeah, I feel for Carlos. The dude is one of the best playoff hitters of all time and has never won a ring. On the other hand, congrats Angel Pagan, Marco Scutaro, and the Giants. Finally, a World Series that doesn't include a team I hate.
    You hated Texas in '10?
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Canon View Post
    You hated Texas in '10?
    Ok, ok, you got me. I'm actually somewhat of a Ranger fan (I liked them because of Rusty Greer in the early 2000's lol). But it seems like every year, it's either the Cardinals, Phillies, or Yankees. I guess I'm saying it's a relief to not have to watch a team like that this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsJets0809 View Post
    Yeah Maybe we do a deal where we trade Niese and a prospect or two for D'Arnaud and Rasmus. Would potentially kill 2 birds with one stone
    Where do I sign? I love Niese but this would be a steal, wont happen ofcourse though

The Future has arrived! #Knickstape

vCash
    “As teams consider how to allocate their money, they’ll look at the upcoming free-agent classes, and although this year is considered relatively lackluster, next year’s might be even worse in terms of overall quality.”

>>>>Olney.

So in 2014, when we're supposed to be able to spend and then compete (lol) there will be nothing to spend money that won't exist anyway, on.

vCash
    Where did that quote come from? You have to use quotes and links.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    So in 2014, when we're supposed to be able to spend and then compete (lol) there will be nothing to spend money that won't exist anyway, on.
    That's not completely true, there are impact bats/players in the OF/2nd out there in 2014 via FA.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...ee-agents.html

Prado, Chris Young, Nelson Cruz, Carlos Gomez, Ellsbury, Aaron Hill, Corey Hart, Choo, Morse could all help us either in the field or at the very least at the plate.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-24-2012 at 10:39 AM.

vCash
    He makes that point because 2014 lacks superstar depth which it does.

vCash
    There are guys out that could turn around this team quickly in conjunction to what we already have.

Corey Hart and Prado for example could make us significantly better between their OF play and their offense if the Mets sign them in 2014.

vCash
    I love Prado. I actually believe he play SS which makes him so valuable. He can play any position you need him to play and he can do it well. He is the National League version of Ben Zobrist.

Our main targets for 2014 should be Aaron Hill and Martin Prado. Upgrade 2B and trade Murphy. Then judging on how Kirk does next year, get a Gomez or Ellsbury if he doesn't perform. Duda will likely be a dud, so a Corey Hart upgrade would be sweet. You could play him at 1B vs. LHP as well which is nice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I love Prado. I actually believe he play SS which makes him so valuable. He can play any position you need him to play and he can do it well. He is the National League version of Ben Zobrist.

Our main targets for 2014 should be Aaron Hill and Martin Prado. Upgrade 2B and trade Murphy. Then judging on how Kirk does next year, get a Gomez or Ellsbury if he doesn't perform. Duda will likely be a dud, so a Corey Hart upgrade would be sweet. You could play him at 1B vs. LHP as well which is nice.
    Yep there are certainly ways to upgrade the roster definitively in 2014.

Maybe it's a weak offseason for superstars but there are definitely guys out there that could help the Mets especially.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-24-2012 at 11:24 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    He makes that point because 2014 lacks superstar depth which it does.
    Of course there are some quality players in FA, but that pool will become smaller over time.

It lacks superstar depth, but that's immaterial to the Mets in any case as they can't afford any.

vCash
    That's not completely true, there are impact bats/players in the OF/2nd out there in 2014 via FA.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...ee-agents.html

Prado, Chris Young, Nelson Cruz, Carlos Gomez, Ellsbury, Aaron Hill, Corey Hart, Choo, Morse could all help us either in the field or at the very least at the plate.
    I'd guess most of those guys are/will be over 30 by that time, Gomez won't be.

I know Morse will be, so will Ellsbury, and Cruz too. The others i'm not so sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Of course there are some quality players in FA, but that pool will become smaller over time.

It lacks superstar depth, but that's immaterial to the Mets in any case as they can't afford any.
    But that doesn't mean the Mets couldn't improve their roster by picking up pieces like a Corey Hart, Prado, etc etc.

That's why i mentioned it in reference to what you quoted from Buster Olney, yeah it lacks superstar depth but that doesn't mean there aren't good players out there to be had.

vCash
    But that doesn't mean the Mets couldn't improve their roster by picking up pieces like a Corey Hart, Prado, etc etc.

That's why i mentioned it in reference to what you quoted from Buster Olney, yeah it lacks superstar depth but that doesn't mean there aren't good players out there to be had.

Sure they could.

Will they?

All I ever hear is 'No' from the Mets. Until that changes, I'll assume that nothing has changed.

As I said the superstar angle is irrelevant, as we can't/won't sign any.

vCash
    With Santana and Bay off the books they will spend money, don't worry.

If they don't spend, they will be forced to sell... Period.

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast