Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 405
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    78,982
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsJets0809 View Post
    No I agree totally, but Ross isn't the kind of guy that we need. Hundley is closer to that than Ross, and would cost NOTHING. To me, thats a pretty great thing
    He will cost nothing because he sucks dude, is like other teams looking at Thole and saying he will cost nothing.

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    703
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    So adequate at best is the ****ing goal here?

    I rest my case, hence why am really sad that people here are pulling for the Mets to get Hundley who is likely to suck balls just like Thole, but lets hope he is adequate.

    I want the Mets to get a guy who will be more than adequate, not just for the near future, but for the long term.
    Ok man. Hey that's why we're here: to discuss. If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been a fan for? I've seen you on here for a while so I was just wondering

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    53,093
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Your argument has been to ignore the ****** years that he has had and put emphasis on the 307 PA he had in 2011 period to make a case for him being better in the future, I don't buy it.

    Is not the same case because is 2 different people period, some guys bounce back and some don't. You are not in a position to determine who will and who wont.

    Ross has had very little PA in the last 4 years because you know there is a guy called McCann who starts most of the time, on other teams he is likely to have started more.
    He's had 2 out of 5 ****** years. Again, slightly above average in 2009 and 2010 and very good in 2011. He calls a good game and plays way better defense than Thole.

    So what if they are two different people, Soto blows the last two years in 2 good parks to hit in.

    Ross had very little PA because he's a back-up catcher, and has been that for the majority of his career.

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    78,982
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsJets0809 View Post
    Ok man. Hey that's why we're here: to discuss. If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been a fan for? I've seen you on here for a while so I was just wondering
    I been a fan since about 85.

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    53,093
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    So adequate at best is the ****ing goal here?

    I rest my case, hence why am really sad that people here are pulling for the Mets to get Hundley who is likely to suck balls just like Thole, but lets hope he is adequate.

    I want the Mets to get a guy who will be more than adequate, not just for the near future, but for the long term.
    He's not adequate at best, he's an adequate catcher with the potential for more. No one will suck balls like Thole, so stop comparing the two.

    You don't need some stud catcher to be a good team. Just one that is better than Thole.

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    703
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I been a fan since about 85.
    Nice dude haha you're timing was perfect

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    703
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    He's not adequate at best, he's an adequate catcher with the potential for more. No one will suck balls like Thole, so stop comparing the two.

    You don't need some stud catcher to be a good team. Just one that is better than Thole.
    This

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    53,093
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    He will cost nothing because he sucks dude, is like other teams looking at Thole and saying he will cost nothing.
    He will cost nothing because he's under contract for two more years and they have a starting catcher in Grandal now. If they didn't have Grandal, they definitely keep him, but they don't need him anymore.

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    78,982
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    He's had 2 out of 5 ****** years. Again, slightly above average in 2009 and 2010 and very good in 2011. He calls a good game and plays way better defense than Thole.

    So what if they are two different people, Soto blows the last two years in 2 good parks to hit in.

    Ross had very little PA because he's a back-up catcher, and has been that for the majority of his career.

    Soto was above average on your so called league average stats for catchers in 2011 as he posted a .317 wOBA and 95 wRC+ dude, so now he blows?

    LOL funny stuff, in the same sentence you are praising Hundley for similar numbers to Soto and yet you are bashing Soto for it.

    Yeah, who is bias here?

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    703
    vCash
    1500
    Exactly Stuna hit the nail on the head. I think a lot of teams will be looking into Hundley. Yankees, White Sox, Rays, Maybe Marlins. We wouldn't be the only team going after him IMO

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    78,982
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    He will cost nothing because he's under contract for two more years and they have a starting catcher in Grandal now. If they didn't have Grandal, they definitely keep him, but they don't need him anymore.
    They went out and got Grandal even after he had a blip of a good year in a very limited 307 PA. They will get rid of him because some sucker will likely give them something even if it's a C prospect.

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    53,093
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Soto was above average on your so called league average stats for catchers in 2011 as he posted a .317 wOBA and 95 wRC+ dude, so now he blows?

    LOL funny stuff, in the same sentence you are praising Hundley for similar numbers to Soto and yet you are bashing Soto for it.

    Yeah, who is bias here?
    There are so many great hitting ballparks in the NL central. Wrigley, Cincy, Houston, and Milwaukee are all bandboxes. St. Louis isn't a pitcher's park either. Hundley's numbers would look way better playing in Wrigley.

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    78,982
    vCash
    1500
    BTW the Mets slogan for 2013 should be Here is hoping for adequate

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    53,093
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsJets0809 View Post
    Exactly Stuna hit the nail on the head. I think a lot of teams will be looking into Hundley. Yankees, White Sox, Rays, Maybe Marlins. We wouldn't be the only team going after him IMO
    Yup, he'll definitely have a market.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    They went out and got Grandal even after he had a blip of a good year in a very limited 307 PA. They will get rid of him because some sucker will likely give them something even if it's a C prospect.
    Hope that sucker is the Mets. Why would the Padres give him an extension if they thought he blows?

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    78,982
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    There are so many great hitting ballparks in the NL central. Wrigley, Cincy, Houston, and Milwaukee are all bandboxes. St. Louis isn't a pitcher's park either. Hundley's numbers would look way better playing in Wrigley.
    ...and again his stats that are park adjusted show what his true production has been and vice versa for Soto.

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •