Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 405
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    52,713
    vCash
    1500
    Deal Murphy. He's going to start getting expensive, and he's not good enough to be your everyday 2nd baseman.

    Aaron Hill is a GREAT target for next year, he plays good defense unlike Murphy, and he has great power for a 2B.

    Next year is going to be another try-out kind of year, I want to see what we have with Kirk and den Dekker before making long-term commitments. This is assuming that Duda is not the answer(which he isn't)

    That being said, there is no excuse to not add a Hundley and at least one or two outfielders via the trade market.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500
    I leave Murphy at 2B in 2013 because it is not a glaring problem like other positions.

    He's a great hitter who should be entering his prime meaning he can get even better.

    Murph stays. He is decent enough on defense. We need his 40 doubles and .290 - .300 average.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500
    Daniel Murphy how he ranks.

    BA 17th in all of the NL.
    Hits 16th right ahead of brandon Phillips
    Doubles 7th 1 behind Wright

    Now if we go by second basemen he clearly is a top five offensive second basmen.

    Hits 4th
    AVG 3rd
    OBP 6th
    SLG 5th
    OPS 5th
    Doubles 2nd
    Total bases 6th
    XBH T Phillips for 4th
    Walk to KO Ratio 7th
    Walk to PA 7th
    Runs tied 9th
    RBI 6th

    That is top of the line offensive production from your second baseman.

    Murph is not a problem.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    52,713
    vCash
    1500
    Out of 22 qualifying 2B, Daniel Murphy is:

    12th wOBA(.318)
    9th in wRC+(101, two others tied)
    18th in WAR(1.8)

    He's not the problem, but he's not the answer at 2B either.

    Top of the line offensive production at 2B would be:

    Cano: .394 wOBA, 150 wRC+, 7.8 WAR
    Hill: .375 wOBA, 131 wRC+, 6.2 WAR
    Zobrist: .365 wOBA, 137 wRC+, 5.9 WAR
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 10-13-2012 at 05:32 PM.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,724
    vCash
    1500
    I have no idea how we'll fill any of the other holes on this team but this guy needs to be the catcher:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9FcW...eature=related
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500
    Hypothetically speaking...

    Mets resign Kelly Shoppach
    Mets resign Mike Pelfrey

    Mets acquire Chris Young from ARI
    Mets acquire Nick Hundley from SD

    Mets sign Mike Adams
    Mets sign Jeremy Affeldt
    Mets sign Koji Uehara

    Would you be pleased with the offseason?
    Last edited by Vintage; 10-13-2012 at 07:19 PM.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    Yes, but that would be way too much money for Freddy Poo.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    78,874
    vCash
    1500
    I am deeply sadden when Mets fans think Nick Hundley is a good option and a guy the Mets should target to be their catcher.

    I rather they sign Ross.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    78,874
    vCash
    1500
    If the Mets are going to trade for a catcher, then make a move for for one of the guys in Milwaukee or Toronto.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    52,713
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I am deeply sadden when Mets fans think Nick Hundley is a good option and a guy the Mets should target to be their catcher.

    I rather they sign Ross.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    If the Mets are going to trade for a catcher, then make a move for for one of the guys in Milwaukee or Toronto.
    Hundley had a .356 wOBA and 132 wRC+ last year at catcher with very good defense to be a 3.5 WAR player in 82 games at 28 years old. He is under control for two more years, so he would be a option for us.

    He's always had some pop, and I Petco seems to surpress offense for hitters, he'd be a nice player to bring in.

    Yes, I would like one of Arencibia, Arnaud, or Maldonado though, so the Mets need to explore all of their options.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,845
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Yes, but that would be way too much money for Freddy Poo.
    The problem Is that all realistic scenarios result in us sucking which would make this thread no fun at all.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    703
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    Hypothetically speaking...

    Mets resign Kelly Shoppach
    Mets resign Mike Pelfrey

    Mets acquire Chris Young from ARI
    Mets acquire Nick Hundley from SD

    Mets sign Mike Adams
    Mets sign Jeremy Affeldt
    Mets sign Koji Uehara

    Would you be pleased with the offseason?
    How could you not be? I think that It's not out of the question either to be honest. Maybe they wouldn't be able to sign all 3 relievers but its still good

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    703
    vCash
    1500
    How about Peter Moylan for the BP?

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    78,874
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Hundley had a .356 wOBA and 132 wRC+ last year at catcher with very good defense to be a 3.5 WAR player in 82 games at 28 years old. He is under control for two more years, so he would be a option for us.

    He's always had some pop, and I Petco seems to surpress offense for hitters, he'd be a nice player to bring in.

    Yes, I would like one of Arencibia, Arnaud, or Maldonado though, so the Mets need to explore all of their options.
    1 year, so if you are going to downplay what other do based on 1 year, then what Hundley did that one year should be taken with a grain of salt. He is basically 30 with 1 good year under his belt and a lot of ****** years around it.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    52,713
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    1 year, so if you are going to downplay what other do based on 1 year, then what Hundley did that one year should be taken with a grain of salt. He is basically 30 with 1 good year under his belt and a lot of ****** years around it.
    What ****** years? He's only been around since 2008.

    .315 wOBA with 97 wRC+ and .168 ISO in 2009
    .317 wOBA with 102 wRC+ and .168 ISO in 2010

    I'll take that production from my catcher, his defense has improved too. This is a nice buy-low option for the Mets because he provides power and solid defense at catcher.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •