Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    The Mets moving at a glacial pace when activity is called for?

I can hardly believe my eyes and ears.
    yeah.

utterly shocking.

yawn.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Well we gave them their "week" in fact its been well over a week. I don't know about anyone else on here but I haven't heard a thing about either players contracts. Shouldn't they have made offers to both players already if they are serious about resigning them?

Thoughts?
    It seems unlikely that much progress would be made before the World Series is even over, and we wouldn't necessarily know whether they've made the offer yet or not, as I'm sure Wright and Dickey's agents would both need more than a couple days to think the offer over and make counter offers.

My level of concern at this point on a scale of 1 to 10 is about 2.
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash

Mets May Start Talks With Wright & Dickey Next Week

Well at least now they are talking about talking.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    I didn't know 'next week' meant 13 days now...

vCash
    Remember that they had to have meetings about possible having future meetings first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Remember that they had to have meetings about possible having future meetings first.
    Not to mention the meetings about who is responsible for changing Fred's diaper on an hourly basis.

vCash
    The Mets would make great Ents.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    The Mets would make great Ents.
    Very funny.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    The Mets remain in preliminary talks with both David Wright and R.A. Dickey about possible contract extensions, according to Andy Martino of the Daily News.

That said, though Alderson has spoken to both Wright and Dickey about his long-term plan, and though he has told them both he would like them back, Alderson and their respective agents are still ‘talking about when to really get talking,’ according to a team source.

Earlier this month, Mike Puma of the New York Post said it was possible the Mets could have new deals for both Dickey and Wright before the start of the World Series.

The Mets hold club options on both Wright and Dickey for 2013 (combined $21 million) for 2013. However, both players have said they will become free agents at the end of next season,

http://metsblog.com/

From Metslog.

>>>The Mets are all-world at dilly-dallying and shilly-shallying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    And our people have to have lunch with their people
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345