Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Arod + 100 mill to the Mets in exchange for David Wright.
    You are scaring me FOC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnNY62 View Post
    You are scaring me FOC.
    FoC sees all things, some pleasant, some not-so-pleasant,. FoC has no control over the images that are transported to him through other dimensions.

Of course, FoC also had an image that the Mets would lose 95 to 100 games this season so sometimes FoC's images are FOS.

But sometimes they're not.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 10-19-2012 at 07:47 AM.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    FoC sees all things, some pleasant, some not-so-pleasant,. FoC has no control over the images that are transported to him through other dimensions.

Of course, FoC also had an image that the Mets would lose 95 to 100 games this seasons so sometimes FoC's images are FOS.

But sometimes they're not.
    Was having a brief panic attack ("Those SOB Wilpons would take the money, wouldn't they?") til I realized even the Wilpons would realize the 100 mill would go to ARod, not them. Whew. Just a nightmare after all. Jason IS dead.

vCash
    I say trade him too! For a solid prospect, not a bum like Swisher
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils

THE WORLD IS YOURS CHICO! KENNY VACCARO BABY!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnNY62 View Post
    Was having a brief panic attack ("Those SOB Wilpons would take the money, wouldn't they?") til I realized even the Wilpons would realize the 100 mill would go to ARod, not them. Whew. Just a nightmare after all. Jason IS dead.
    No so fast, sir.

The Wilpons would practically be getting an All Star (ok, former All Star) third baseman for free, as opposed to paying David Wright $20 million.

Ok, so nearly all of Met fandom would riot but the reasoning at the top is that the charismatic Sandy would figure out how to sell it to the Dugmets of the world.

Farfetched? Maybe. But I still wouldn't put it past them.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    No so fast, sir.

The Wilpons would practically be getting an All Star (ok, former All Star) third baseman for free, as opposed to paying David Wright $20 million.

Ok, so nearly all of Met fandom would riot but the reasoning at the top is that the charismatic Sandy would figure out how to sell it to the Dugmets of the world.

Farfetched? Maybe. But I still wouldn't put it past them.
    Be afraid. Be very very afraid.

vCash
    Arod + 100 mill to the Mets in exchange for David Wright.
    I say we only eat 50 million but throw in two of Harvey/Wheeler.

vCash
    Nah, the Mets have to throw in 10 of the 15 million owed to Wright to make this fair.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Nah, the Mets have to throw in 10 of the 15 million owed to Wright to make this fair.
    Hard to imagine the Yankees turning the deal down because they want $10 mill from the Mets.

vCash
    The only question really is what number Wright will wear as a Yankee? I seem to recall, vaguely, that number 5 is unavailable in Yankee pinstripes.

vCash
    But Dickey's 43 wouldn't be a problem.

vCash
    The only question really is what number Wright will wear as a Yankee? I seem to recall, vaguely, that number 5 is unavailable in Yankee pinstripes.
    I'm pretty sure ever number from 00-30 is retired for the Yankees. We're gonna start to see guys wearing numbers in the 90's in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    I'm pretty sure ever number from 00-30 is retired for the Yankees. We're gonna start to see guys wearing numbers in the 90's in the future.
    Possible choices for David Wright: (Every number other than 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,9,10,15,16,23,42,44,49)

21 Paul O'Neil, DIA (Doubtful It's Available)
    46* Andy Petitte DIA
    51* Bernie Williams DIA
    etc

vCash
    Well we gave them their "week" in fact its been well over a week. I don't know about anyone else on here but I haven't heard a thing about either players contracts. Shouldn't they have made offers to both players already if they are serious about resigning them?

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Rio40; 10-25-2012 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Spelling

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Well we gave them their "week" in fact its been well over a week. I don't know about anyone else on here but I haven't heard a thing about either players contracts. Shouldn't they have made offers to both players already if they are serious about resigning them?

Thoughts?

The Mets moving at a glacial pace when activity is called for?

I can hardly believe my eyes and ears.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast