Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnNY62 View Post
    I'd say you fantasy baseball boys be countin' chickens before they hatched:

- Dickey is an innings-eater. Nice to have when our bullpen is so good.
    - Santana?? Lord only knows what shape his arm will be.
    - Gee -- a shaky number 4 starter.
    - Harvey and Wheeler: Seaver and Koosman Part Deux or Wilson, Pulsipher, Isringhausen Part Deux?
    - Niese .. a nice number 3.

While MAYBE not bad, I wouldn't say your vision is good.
    The bullpen can change from year to year. Just bring in new bodies.

I'm not expecting too much from Santana, but he showed in the first half he could be a solid pitcher. He would be the veteran leader at the top of the rotation. He should be 100% by ST.

Gee is very solid underrated pitcher and a nice #4.

Harvey is already a beast, so I have no concerns about him. Wheeler is supposed to be better, and counting on him as your #5 takes all the pressure off.

Niese has become an excellent #3, borderline #2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Even if Swisher wasn't a FA, the idea of Dickey in a Yankee uniform makes me want to throw up.
    Yeah, RA Dickey without his facial hair is probably not a pleasant sight.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    DPLennon If I'm #Mets, and watching this potential rift developing between #Yankees and A-Rod, I may pick up pace of Wright negotiations.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    DPLennon #Yankees, A-Rod split up, Wright chooses to play out '13 option, signs w/ Yanks RT @jessegrauman: What does one have to do with the other?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash

Mets May Start Talks With Wright & Dickey Next Week

Do not worry the Mets will soon have meetings to discuss future meetings about setting the parameters for a possible new deal for Wright, right now what matters is that they get new underdog t shirts made for spring training.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Do not worry the Mets will soon have meetings to discuss future meetings about setting the parameters for a possible new deal for Wright, right now what matters is that they get new underdog t shirts made for spring training.
    Had no idea Mets management could move that quickly, Sick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    You forgot about the time spent tweeting about how broke they are.. HA HA..
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    DPLennon If I'm #Mets, and watching this potential rift developing between #Yankees and A-Rod, I may pick up pace of Wright negotiations.
    Right, DPLennon, because what's going to happen is this:

1. Wright and the Yankees telepathically agree to a 2014 contract in 2012.
    2. Wright plays out his option in 2013, knowing for a fact that a baseball team will always do exactly what it tells him it will do.
    3. The Yankees, with new spending limitations, eat the entire A-Rod contract to get rid of him, and use a stop-gap to play 3B in 2013.
    4. The Yankees, again with new spending limitations, sign Wright to a blockbuster contract that blows away what any other team could have offered him.

...or not.
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Right, DPLennon, because what's going to happen is this:

1. Wright and the Yankees telepathically agree to a 2014 contract in 2012.
    2. Wright plays out his option in 2013, knowing for a fact that a baseball team will always do exactly what it tells him it will do.
    3. The Yankees, with new spending limitations, eat the entire A-Rod contract to get rid of him, and use a stop-gap to play 3B in 2013.
    4. The Yankees, again with new spending limitations, sign Wright to a blockbuster contract that blows away what any other team could have offered him.

...or not.
    Yeah it doesn't make sense to me how the Yankees if they are looking to get to 189 million to stay under the luxury tax would deal A-Rod, eat most of his contract, then if the Met's don't extend Wright give him 120+ million possibly.

Between eating most of A-Rod's deal, and signing Wright you are talking close to 180-200 million dollars.

I don't see it.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-18-2012 at 10:17 AM.

vCash
    You know whats gonna hurt if we don't get our crap together? Seeing Wright and Reyes on the left side of the infield.. in pin stripes! I truly don't believe Reyes is gonna stay in Miami!
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The-rock-man View Post
    You know whats gonna hurt if we don't get our crap together? Seeing Wright and Reyes on the left side of the infield.. in pin stripes! I truly don't believe Reyes is gonna stay in Miami!
    I wouldn't worry about Wright going there.

It's weird with these new Yankee spending "limitations" (i put it in quotations because i still don't believe it fully) they aren't automatically in the market for every great player.

If George was still alive, i could easily see Reyes ending up at SS for them when the Marlins eventually trade him (which i am sure they will do) but his sons are not nearly as aggressive.

It's a possibility Reyes ends up there (with Jeter needing a new contract after next year) but i don't see Wright being part of that equation.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-18-2012 at 10:32 AM.

vCash
    Saying that, i could see Wright in Philadelphia or LA in a heartbeat if the Mets can't extend him past this year.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-18-2012 at 10:26 AM.

vCash
    Arod + 100 mill to the Mets in exchange for David Wright.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Hmmmmm I haven't heard anything yet about discussions lol

Maybe it'll be "next week," or "next month," or "next year," or "never."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Hmmmmm I haven't heard anything yet about discussions lol
    Just remember you read it here first.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast