Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    That would hands down be the worst trade in history. God no.

I'd trade Dickey for Brett Gardner, Gary Sanchez, and David Robertson
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 10-16-2012 at 02:12 PM.

vCash
    Yeah, because as Met Fans, we don't want the REALLY GOOD players on our team.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Yeah, because as Met Fans, we don't want the REALLY GOOD players on our team.
    Gardner is a really good player. He has a ton of speed, plays OF, gets on base, and bats lead-off.

Gary Sanchez is a very good young catching prospect probably 2 years away.

Robertson is a great reliever. Fair trade imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Gardner is a really good player. He has a ton of speed, plays OF, gets on base, and bats lead-off.

Gary Sanchez is a very good young catching prospect probably 2 years away.

Robertson is a great reliever. Fair trade imo.
    The Mets could do better, you are settling for these players.
    If I'm trading Niese or Dickey I want an impact bat that is already established or is a top farm hand in AA or AAA.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    The Mets could do better, you are settling for these players.
    If I'm trading Niese or Dickey I want an impact bat that is already established or is a top farm hand in AA or AAA.
    Dickey is still going to be 38 next season, and will start to get expensive. Not sure how much more valuable he is so that is a fine package to me. Gardner is a very good established player as is Robertson.

vCash
    Dickey is still going to be 38 next season, and will start to get expensive. Not sure how much more valuable he is so that is a fine package to me. Gardner is a very good established player as is Robertson.
    Dickey is far more valuable to the Mets then, trade Niese and get me Wil Myers.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    That would hands down be the worst trade in history. God no.

I'd trade Dickey for Brett Gardner, Gary Sanchez, and David Robertson
    Christy Matthewson for Amos Rusie. Frank Robinson for Milt Pappas. Nolan Ryan for Jim Fregosi. You don't know much about history STuna.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Even if Swisher wasn't a FA, the idea of Dickey in a Yankee uniform makes me want to throw up.
    Oh yeah, I forgot...sorry
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnNY62 View Post
    Christy Matthewson for Amos Rusie. Frank Robinson for Milt Pappas. Nolan Ryan for Jim Fregosi. You don't know much about history STuna.
    I was exaggerating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Dickey is far more valuable to the Mets then, trade Niese and get me Wil Myers.
    1) I don't know if he is at $15MM per.
    2) Trading Niese instead of Dickey is counterproductive.
    3) The Royals most likely won't do that deal

Alex Gordon would be a nice option though.

vCash
    Wait so you people want to stay competitive but trade Dickey? If we trade Dickey why resign Wright to a big contract if our rotation will suck and we will still be bad.. If we resign both players that will at least give us hope that we have two big players on offense and pitching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by knicks_champ View Post
    Wait so you people want to stay competitive but trade Dickey? If we trade Dickey why resign Wright to a big contract if our rotation will suck and we will still be bad.. If we resign both players that will at least give us hope that we have two big players on offense and pitching.
    Because they are not going to be competitive next year and Dickey is soon to be 38 years old in less than 2 weeks. As great as he has been, there are risks with an older pitcher like that even if he is a knuckleballer.

His value is at highest coming off a Cy Young caliber year and he will become expensive in his next contract especially if he is looking for Ollie money (not nearly having the same value he does now having made only 4.25 million last year and 5 million this year)

If they can get a good haul they should consider moving him.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-16-2012 at 04:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by knicks_champ View Post
    Our rotation won't suck. I wouldn't say Santana, Niese, Harvey, Gee, and Wheeler is bad, would you? We could always buy an ace with the money saved from not paying Dickey in 2014.

vCash
    Our rotation won't suck. I wouldn't say Santana, Niese, Harvey, Gee, and Wheeler is bad, would you? We could always buy an ace with the money saved from not paying Dickey in 2014.
    I'd say you fantasy baseball boys be countin' chickens before they hatched:

- Dickey is an innings-eater. Nice to have when our bullpen is so good.
    - Santana?? Lord only knows what shape his arm will be.
    - Gee -- a shaky number 4 starter.
    - Harvey and Wheeler: Seaver and Koosman Part Deux or Wilson, Pulsipher, Isringhausen Part Deux?
    - Niese .. a nice number 3.

While MAYBE not bad, I wouldn't say your vision is good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnNY62 View Post
    I'd say you fantasy baseball boys be countin' chickens before they hatched:

- Dickey is an innings-eater. Nice to have when our bullpen is so good.
    - Santana?? Lord only knows what shape his arm will be.
    - Gee -- a shaky number 4 starter.
    - Harvey and Wheeler: Seaver and Koosman Part Deux or Wilson, Pulsipher, Isringhausen Part Deux?
    - Niese .. a nice number 3.

While MAYBE not bad, I wouldn't say your vision is good.
    Gee is not a shaky 4th SP, Niese took steps towards being a number 2 this year, and the two guys with the major hype look like the real deal especially Harvey.

I know it was a small sample size but barring injury that kid should be very good. He knows how to pitch and he has some great weapons to go to war with every 5 days.

Losing Dickey would hurt but what does it matter to a team that again will win 70+ games next year?

Dickey could provide us with minor league talent that could help us down the road, not to mention maybe fix other areas of this team that are in need of more immediate addressing (like the OF or C)

Even if they win 60 games next year, if anything that helps us in 2014 with a possible top 5 pick.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-16-2012 at 06:01 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast