Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Will Alex Rodriguez be the homerun king?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    2 6.67%
  • No

    28 93.33%
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 314
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    18,559
    vCash
    1500
    As a Yankees fan I like to think the $275 million was in exchange for the 09 WS championship.

    Masahiro Tanaka

    11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,551
    vCash
    500
    I don't blame the Mets for signing Bay because he used to be a great player. Unfortunately, they ended up spending 60+ million dollars for a quad A player.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    20,921
    vCash
    2500
    If A-Rod goes back on the juice, the deal will look fine.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,874
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I don't blame the Mets for signing Bay because he used to be a great player. Unfortunately, they ended up spending 60+ million dollars for a quad A player.
    Nah he wouldn't make a AAA squad anymore.

    It's gotten that bad.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,551
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Nah he wouldn't make a AAA squad anymore.

    It's gotten that bad.
    You're probably right. He'd probably miss half the AA season with an injury to boot.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,551
    vCash
    500
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    19,828
    vCash
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    As a Yankees fan I like to think the $275 million was in exchange for the 09 WS championship.
    Thats bs though.
    Arod still put up production before the 09 world series, and then won that WS. To me winning that world series because of him is worth what we have to deal with now.
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

    SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

    Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    685
    vCash
    1500
    Definitely not the worst ever, but could be the current worst. Bay only has 2 years left and the second can be bought out. Wells only has 2 years left.

    A-rod has 5 years ~137.5 left. His regular season production is still there, though declining, but what's the point if you're benched in the playoffs.

    Ryan Howard has 5 years, 125 left, and obviously the Phillies can't DH him like the Yankees can.

    Pujols is up there but we can't be sure how he will decline.

    Mauer has 6 years, 138 left on a team that doesn't spend much.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,148
    vCash
    1500
    Not the worst ever, but those last 5 years are looking to be incredibly painful.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,355
    vCash
    1500
    Without this silly contract the yankees don't win the world series in 2009.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,461
    vCash
    1500
    That's not true. Cardinals let AP go and it didnt stop them from making back into the playoffs. The Yankees should have said no thanks and moved on and now it's gonna make them a weaker team going forward.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,355
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    That's not true. Cardinals let AP go and it didnt stop them from making back into the playoffs. The Yankees should have said no thanks and moved on and now it's gonna make them a weaker team going forward.
    You're right the yankees could have won but in my opinion would not have won the world series in 2009 without A ROD.
    I think its a bad contract because I think they could of got him cheaper.
    The main reason he got so much was because the yankees were anticipating him breaking the HR record and all the added revenue it would of brought.

    I use to think that A Rods contract was untradable but we have seen really silly things in the past. Vernon wells and Crawford were both traded. I could see the yankees eating half his contract and some team taking a chance on him.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    9,045
    vCash
    1500
    Wells, Crawford, A-Rod

    Pujols and Votto are gonna be bad too

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,800
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    If A-Rod goes back on the juice, the deal will look fine.
    **********

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Ontario
    Posts
    2,106
    vCash
    1500
    I never understood A-Rod's contract in the first place.....he walked away from the biggest contract ever in baseball....He slapped the Yankees in the face, and they gave him MORE money.

    If I was Hank Steinbrenner, I would have told A-Rod to get lost...I wouldnt have cared if he was the best third baseman/best player in baseball, you dont slap your owner in the face by leaving and then asking for more money.

    Yes! A-Rod's contract was bad, but It doesnt compare to many other ones out there, such as Todd Helton's contract with the Rockies, or Vernon Wells' contract, or Eric Milton's contract.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •