7 13.46%
  • Hate Him

21 40.38%
  • Undecided

24 46.15%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Finley

vCash
    This off-season if a team with a top 10 in the 2nd or low 1st offers their pick do you take it without blinking or would there be some hesitation of most people's part. I mean his value is pretty high despite his baggage. Shockey in 08' got the Giants a 2nd and 5th. I would imagine Finley has equal or higher value.

vCash
    I would in a heartbeat, but there's no way we get a second for him. Teams have been much more hesitant to give up early picks in recent years. Brandon Marshall only cost 2 3rd rounders and he's better and more valuable than Finley in my mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I would in a heartbeat, but there's no way we get a second for him. Teams have been much more hesitant to give up early picks in recent years. Brandon Marshall only cost 2 3rd rounders and he's better and more valuable than Finley in my mind.
    Marshall has shown the ability to disappear. Also, I believe he had some legitimate mental issues. In addition, to that is injury prone. TE's IMO trade stock is still higher than a WR because not only do they hold importance in the passing game as a receiver and as a blocker, but they are a factor in the run game as well. Finley is a top 5 TE still with the potential be a top 3 or even in a league of his own. He may never reach that, but some team will over pay for this guy. Not saying you are wrong that Marshall's trade value is higher than, but I think a team would be dumb enough to give up a 2nd for this guy. If they get 2 3rd rounders thats fine too because 3rd round is one of TT's best rounds adding James Jones, Jermichael Finley, Morgan Burnett, etc.

vCash
    But what you said about Marshall can be applied to Finley too. He's been hurt multiple times. He's kind of a head case too. Its not like he's really a special blocker at all. Marshall has had a ton more production in his career than Finley. I think his value is quite a bit higher than Finley's. I'm pretty confident we wouldn't get two thirds for him either.

vCash
    Its kind of funny, because on the outside looking in... a lot of fans want to trade a player when they arent doing well. Week to week different players are mentioned to be traded because of their last performance. It doesn't work that way. He may be slumping, but we've seen what he's capable of doing.

It starts with protecting Aaron Rodgers, and keeping it simple! When we hit the redzone I haven't seen Finley split out wide in iso as much... getting back to that might help!

vCash
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-his-way-out/

the writing is on the wall.....Finley better put up, shut up, or both....with the way he is playing right now. I do not see him being a member of this team next season

vCash
    I thought he was something special when drafted. But with all the drop catches yearly it gets old. When he left other game and Williams came in for him he caught two passes like nothing. I'd trade him now for a draft pick or eventually let him walk then get a compensation pick. Which ever comes first. Its a "what have you done for me lately?"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    But what you said about Marshall can be applied to Finley too. He's been hurt multiple times. He's kind of a head case too. Its not like he's really a special blocker at all. Marshall has had a ton more production in his career than Finley. I think his value is quite a bit higher than Finley's. I'm pretty confident we wouldn't get two thirds for him either.
    I don't disagree, but am still convinced Finley will draw a high return, and someone will think he will be his potential not who he actually is.

vCash
    As much as we want to speculate thought I don't think Finley is on the verge of being moved. Finley is largely misunderstood. His word often I don't think are meant to be insults, but in most peoples eyes end up that way. He knows he's struggling and I think if this teams going to turn it around he will be one of the keys. He was not the only Packer to call out the team and his QB. His QB did the same thing and no one questions it. Finley's commented recently were more directed toward the team coming together not so much at Aaron IMO.

The guy is elite. If he want to be in GB he knows his play will have to dictate it. I think this homecoming game will be a coming out party for Jermichaels season. The Packers have 2 major miss matches for this Texans defense being Cobb and Finley. Should be interesting.

I don't want the guy traded, but who knows like I said it could change the offense for the better, but why take the risk especially off of 5 games this season?

vCash
    I wish he could play to his potential starting tonight!
    And shut up all the haters.

He does need to shut his mouth, when it comes to his own teammates.
    IDC if he calls out opponents as long as he produces and doesn't DROP the ball.
    Idk, i feel as if this guys days are numbered just because his Price tag-production
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    Finley who?
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

vCash
    Jennings who?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcup View Post
    Finley who?
    He didn't look 100%. Neither did Starks. Both looked very stiff.

vCash
    Finley didn't even finish the game. I think he actually got taken out pretty early

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gbpackers12 View Post
    I bought his jersey two years ago because I liked him so much. Now it hangs in the closet and I've contemplated just throwing it out.
    This.

Our QB > Yours

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast