• Hate Him

21 40.38%
  • Undecided

24 46.15%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Finley

vCash

Finley

Do you like him, hate him or undecided. I personally think he needs to shut the f^^k up. I cannot stand him any more.

vCash
    I bought his jersey two years ago because I liked him so much. Now it hangs in the closet and I've contemplated just throwing it out.
    Jordy Nelson 2014 Stats
    Receptions: 47 | Yards: 712 | TDs: 6 | Avg: 15.1

vCash
    I think he's a lightning rod around here, i'm still enamored by his potential, but eventually potential has to become production. I do think some of you guys are too hard on him, he can't say anything without being a "diva" or something along those lines. Not everything is a dig or a slight at people, I personally think he wants to be great so bad he puts too much pressure on himself, and says these things as high expectations for himself.

vCash

vCash
    I don't love him, and I don't hate him. I'm a glass half full kind of man. Has Finley struggled? Yes, but for the sake of being fair... a lot of people on the Packers have struggled. I wouldn't go as far as saying Finley is the main reason why Packers are losing games.

Is that he drops passes? Yes, he has dropped the same amount of passes as Jordy so far. In fact Jimmy Graham and Jason Witten have 1 more drop than Finley. Hell, Calvin Johnson has 1 less than Finley.

I think the main reason people don't like Finley is because they get caught up in the media. People fail to realize that a lot of these flamboyant responses are media driven.

I strongly believe that a lot of the Packers struggles are due to Philbin leaving for the Dolphins. The offensive line has been pretty spotty as well! There are a lot of issues with the Pack, and I don't think Finley should be pegged as the player who has made this team crumble!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    I don't love him, and I don't hate him. I'm a glass half full kind of man. Has Finley struggled? Yes, but for the sake of being fair... a lot of people on the Packers have struggled. I wouldn't go as far as saying Finley is the main reason why Packers are losing games.

Is that he drops passes? Yes, he has dropped the same amount of passes as Jordy so far. In fact Jimmy Graham and Jason Witten have 1 more drop than Finley. Hell, Calvin Johnson has 1 less than Finley.

I think the main reason people don't like Finley is because they get caught up in the media. People fail to realize that a lot of these flamboyant responses are media driven.

I strongly believe that a lot of the Packers struggles are due to Philbin leaving for the Dolphins. The offensive line has been pretty spotty as well! There are a lot of issues with the Pack, and I don't think Finley should be pegged as the player who has made this team crumble!
    This

vCash
    I think he has tons of potential. But I think why alot are hard on him is because just about every pass that is thrown his way he seems to drop. He was good early in the league and as time goes on it seems like he continues to decline.

vCash
    this may have been stated already under another topic, but my only real issue with Finley is he appears to hurt the cohesiveness on offense, granted last year he certainly helped the offense set records by catching "some balls" but he also acted as a decoy and that helped everyone, I guess the thing is, in 2010 we didn't have the record numbers, but we were still a dangerous offense, and everyone got along, at least from memory they did... he really seems to be kind of a cancer, I feel we don't need him, but I also think Quarless could be the answer, because they are alot alike from talent size, andd Q isn't a cancer.

vCash
    Love Finley.

Green Bay Packers
    Phoenix Suns
    Phoenix Coyotes
    Arizona Diamondbacks
    UofA Wildcats
    Real Madrid

vCash
    everyone on finley's dick when he drops one is annoying. finley will drop a 2 yard dump off on 3rd and 15 and everyone will ***** and moan

driver will drop a sure first down on 3rd and 7 and people will say thats not like driver and give him every excuse in the world even though he had more drops per targets then Finley did last year

finley doesnt give a **** about being politically correct which is why i like the dude. there is no ***** footing when it comes to finley he just says whats on his mind

vCash
    Yeah the same people that ***** about Finley are the ones that type "Finleyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!" when he catches a big first down or TD. But as soon as he drops a pass its like "God damn Finley is ****ing garbage" Blah blah blah. Greg can't stay on the field, Jordy has been non existent, Driver hardly sees the field, Jones has good games and bad games and Cobb isn't being used as much as he should. But yeah lets blame everything on Finley makes sense.

vCash
    I don't hate him but I think it might be time to move on from him. We got to semi-rebuild our team anyway, might as well trade him this offseason and get someone cheaper.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    I don't hate him but I think it might be time to move on from him. We got to semi-rebuild our team anyway, might as well trade him this offseason and get someone cheaper.
    i agree wis

vCash
    You know I think he's a hell of a talent and I would hate to lose him, but the league has shown you can get solid TE's just about anytime. I think we have two starting caliber ones already behind him between Williams and when Quarless gets healthy the Packers have a formidable duo. Really Finley is holding them back. With Finley's potentially most teams over pay for the guy.

I would question whether the Packers moving him would have the same impact as the Giants moving Shockey. They are both playmaking TE with their respective issues. They were a key, but also a crutch for a QB at times. Both diva types. You have to wonder if this is how it would work. I think both our back up duo is more consistent and hungry. Since Shockey left and Boss took over Eli has move up to a top tier QB and has won two rings without him. Not saying we will jolt Rodgers to a new level, but he won't have to worry what if I don't throw to him when he is struggling. Is he going to talk ****. Williams seems selfless and would mesh personality better with our core. Quarless is a poor mans Finley IMO and both the duo can block. Furthermore, Crabtree is a favorite of Rodgers and Taylor has some upside.

Love his talent, hate his tude. Really he's more of a distraction at time than a luxury. The guy simply could be just shy of Tony Gonzalez's level if he would shut the hell up and focus. Tony and Gate did it right they never ran their mouths they just played and let their play do the talking thats why people around the league root for them. Finley is just annoying at times. He's pretty much like Shockey. However, Finley is bashing the guy who is dictating his play level while guys like Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski, and Vernon Davis laugh their way to the top tier TE label.

vCash
    me not liking him has nothing to do with what he says or does off the field. I dont like him because hes not consistent, hes a showboat, and he doesnt live up to his potential.

but i wouldnt classify it as hate.
    the packers have so much talent...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast