Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnydanger1 View Post
    Give me the guy that won 2 cy youngs less than 5 years ago. Timmy was lights out in the postseason(relieving), so obviously he still has all his stuff he just needs to locate that fast ball.

I don't think Lince can go out there every 5 days and throw 7 innings anymore, not at the level he was performing at...it wasn't just 1 bad year, his velocity has been going down every year along with k/9 and bb/9...and $22mil is a little much for an 8 inning rp

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    I don't think Lince can go out there every 5 days and throw 7 innings anymore, not at the level he was performing at...it wasn't just 1 bad year, his velocity has been going down every year along with k/9 and bb/9...and $22mil is a little much for an 8 inning rp

I'd believe you if you were correct. Unfortunately your velocity statement is an error.

Offseason of 2010 Tim gained weight, he added velocity in 2011. Look it up. 2011 Offseason he lost weigh, he also lost velocity.

But velocity is nothing in this league, just see Barry Zito shutdown the Cardinals & Tigers.

Lincecum is still a starter, and still just fine. He wasn't prepared for the season, and it hurt him. Next year he'll be playing for a contract. If he's not a legit starter, then you'll have a point. But judging from the fact that he gave up 1 ER in the post-season from the pen, striking out pretty much everybody leads me to believe he's still legit.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    JJ has pitched 200 IP just once in his career. This year Tim finished with 186, which was the only time he HASN'T pitched 200 besides his rookie year.

Lincecum as a reliever in the NLDS and World Series pitched 11 IP 1 ER and 16 K's. His stuff is still there, just one bad season as a starter vs. johnson's injury plagued up and down career???

C'mon man.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    If Johnson can stay healthy i think he will be better in the future. He has great pitches but odds are he'll get hurt again, so that's a BIG IF. Lincecums' delivery is VIOLENT, a power arm like his can't maintain that for long. I'll give it to Lince if this was asked 2+ years ago it would be him hands down, but IMO i just think it's finally catching up to him.

As far as his velocity, he came into the league throwing 94-95 now he's throwing 92 maybe. Doesn't look like a huge difference but hitters' in this league will tag 92 laughing if not located perfect, which Lincecum doesn't do.

vCash
    The JJ

vCash
    Johnson has lost plenty of velocity himself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12