Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Blue Jays and Marlins swap 12 players, including J. Johnson and Jose Reyes

Since our last thread reached 1000 posts, it had to be closed.

At this point, the deal is still not 'official' and Bud Selig is not happy about the deal, but there is no reason to disallow it at this point.

It sounds like everyone around the league is pissed off about it too

Also, Yunel Escobar will play third base, and Adeiny Hechavarria will get OD start at short.

Marlins receive a combined 32 years of control, to the Jays 12, and the cost of 160 million dollars

Hmm, so do we think that Buehrle would play in Toronto, even though his Pitbull would not?

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    At this point, the deal is still not 'official' and Bud Selig is not happy about the deal, but there is no reason to disallow it at this point.
    It would be unfortunate if it was blocked by Bud Selig because he's even said (reportedly) as a baseball trade alone, it would be fine. It's the extenuating circumstances around the trade that make it so distasteful.
    Last edited by mtf; 11-15-2012 at 03:59 PM.

It's sad that the Marlins are allowed to scam the city of Miami and it's taxpayers.

Again.
    Rand University

Rocky Top youíll always be
    Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

I think it gets vetoed, and yes I am also saying that because I am a Marlins fan, but I also truly believe it has to be done

I don't see it being vetoed nor do I think it should

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Baller View Post
    I think it gets vetoed, and yes I am also saying that because I am a Marlins fan, but I also truly believe it has to be done
    I feel bad for you and other Marlins fans, but there is no reason to overturn this deal. The extenuating circumstances make it quite unfortunate, but from a baseball perspective, you guys shed a ton of salary and picked up very solid prospects and young major leaguers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Baller View Post
    so what do you gain as a Marlins fan.. you would have 3 players who would just shown the door by owner.. yeah that would be great for team chemistry

Just get Loria out

Here is what the Marlins President had to say when asked about the trade

What do you say to the people who feel betrayed?

“I think people should feel betrayed by the fact we were losing so much, I would think they wouldn’t want us to stand pat and keep losing. We don’t want to be one of those teams that for 20 years doesn’t win 81 games or doesn’t make the playoffs …
    Sens Raps Jays

cant see the MLB vetoing the deal.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

On some days, only a brief history lesson, such as this one, will suffice to give depth to the disgrace of the day. You cannot understand the devastation of the Marlins, the fleecing of hundreds of millions of dollars from Miami taxpayers for a new park and the crippling of a franchise for many years to come until you grasp the pattern of business depravity of the man behind it.

On Tuesday, the Marlins didn’t just trade away most of the best and most expensive players left on their roster: Jose Reyes, Mark Buerhle, Josh Johnson and others, dumping more than $160 million in salary to Toronto.

Loria and his executives turned their seven-month-old, $600-million 80-percent-publicly-funded park into a toxic dump where no sane player will choose to play as long as present management has its hands on the throats of the team.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...=sm_btn_reddit
    Rand University

Rocky Top youíll always be
    Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Here is what the Marlins President had to say when asked about the trade
    What a crook. Unbelievable. People need to just not go to games and drive this guy out.

He will be still making a profit

Escobar will lose most of his value at 3rd base. Although he makes over a million dollars so he probably will be traded soon.
    Sens Raps Jays

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast