Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Thoughts after 2 days

I was just curious as to what people's thoughts were after 2 days of Madden 13? Likes? Dislikes?

I do like some of the little things like your RB getting tripped up by your own offensive lineman; getting a hand on someone while rushing and bring the QB down if you can.

Getting to different spots on the screen is much easier than Madden 12.

One of my biggest dislikes is in the preseason when they swap starters out and so on: With the Jets in my first game, Sanchez was taken out and Tebow came in. His backup was Punter TJ Conley. Josh Brown became the punter; you had starters switching spots. Too much time to get the depth chart correctly.

Overall, I am fairly pleased with the game; a lot more than Madden 12.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    My only dislike is that you can't play ranked games in the lobby rooms.

vCash
    I enjoy MUT. Granted I havent really played too many Madden games prior but seems a lot easier to build up a decent team. Just buying players from the auction block seems easier. Going to be tough to keep my players though with the contracts, and I havent really bought any packs yet.

vCash
    No roster edits, no fantasy draft, no roster changes allowed whatsoever in offline connected careers is really really pissing me off. Madden sucks so badly at rating players and they are now forcing us to deal with it.

vCash
    You can edit players from the home screen. Then upload the saved roster when you start a career mode.

It's not that big of a deal.

Personally, I am blown away by this game. I can find small things to complain about, but overall this game is absolutely excellent.

EDIT: Nevermind, you can't upload the saved roster with edits.

I absolutely hate this connected career crap, but I still think the gameplay is incredible. I haven't had the interception problem.
    Last edited by CUBDOM4life; 09-03-2012 at 12:43 AM.

vCash
    How in the blue **** do you take out franchise and fantasy draft??? What the ****

vCash
    Connected careers is extremely unneeded, it basically is Franchise and Superstar mode, depending on what you pick.... If they added the development point system to Franchise mode and also had the whole Twitter feed thing, it would be awesome, and if they actually sat down and spent some time resurrecting Superstar mode.... it would be good, as far as the game engine is concerned....

The game plays so offensive minded honestly... I can run basically the same plays over and over and the defense won't react, defense is really a nonfactor sometimes, but the random interceptions, ehhh, but the missed interceptions are horrible, they have a defender pick a difficult pass off, but if its wide open and an easy pick 6, they drop it....

They dummy system is ok, the tripping over the own players is cool, overall the gameplay engine isn't bad at all, but I do miss Fantasy Draft a lot.... and Madden Rating are horrible(also they suck at keeping up with roster updates), also one thing I don't understand... for example, my bro did a Coach Connected Career with the Panthers and DEANGELO WILLIAMS was a 71 in it, the ratings change very weirdly when you do it.
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    the obvious dislike is the fantasy draft being taken out. My dorm buddies and i would create our own teams and play each other all the time so that sucks.

I dont get the new ball hawk thing. maybe its just me but my Dbs dont react at all and it pisses me off because i was really good at controlling the Db's in previous maddens.

i also wish theyd bring back the view they had on superstar mode a few years ago where it was kinda zoomed in. especially from a defensive perspective where youre looking the qb in the face. i always thought that was cool.
    Last edited by tonyd3b54; 09-02-2012 at 11:30 AM.

Atlantic City Redraft Champions

vCash
    love it

vCash
    I hate this crap even more
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    What are the camera views like? I agree with tonyd abouttheold Superstar camera, it being right behind the player, zoomed in was great -- they really really need to just go to inside the helmet -- but then they got rid of it in the last madden and it justmade me hate Superstar mode even more, ultimately gave up on it. I'll have to try the demo when I get home.

vCash
    What are the camera views like? I agree with tonyd abouttheold Superstar camera, it being right behind the player, zoomed in was great -- they really really need to just go to inside the helmet -- but then they got rid of it in the last madden and it justmade me hate Superstar mode even more, ultimately gave up on it. I'll have to try the demo when I get home.

vCash
    I skipped Madden 12. I have to say the gameplay is a lot harder than Madden 11. It's going to take some time to adjust to the game speed of this. Through 3 games in my CCM, I'm 1-2. RG3 has throw for like... 600 yards, 6 touchdowns, 5 interceptions I believe. He's constantly under pressure, I have to get rid of the ball really quickly. My offense is ranked 31st while my defense is ranked 2nd. Not getting realistic stats at all at 11 minute quarters with 20 second run off. Need to find some good sliders.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewredskin3 View Post
    At this point, Cousins gives us the best opportunity to win.
    30 minutes before RG3 goes down

Let's just keep RG3 in the game. Can't move and risking furthur injury. Great call.
    One play before RG3 goes down

vCash
    Not having a hard time running it, but juking out defenders and breaking tackles is pretty rare. I'll get a successful juke about 1-3 times a game and if I'm lucky, 1 broken tackle.

EDIT: Realizing juking isn't too difficult. Still not as common as previous versions, which is fine. Still never breaking tackles.
    Last edited by matthewredskin3; 09-04-2012 at 12:50 AM.

Let's just keep RG3 in the game. Can't move and risking furthur injury. Great call.

vCash
    One last thing, I kind of hate these new tackling/tripping over OL animations. My running back won't ****ing touch anybody yet he'll fly back 3 yards like he was just rocked. Really ****s up some drives. And in my limited game play so far there have been a **** ton of "catches" that are clearly out of bounds. Far more than any other version of Madden I remember. And even when I challenge them, they almost always come out as a catch.
    Last edited by matthewredskin3; 09-04-2012 at 12:52 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast