Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    That's exactly what I want from Young. Raw talent, speed, great defense, and power.

He can provide that and then some for us. Perfect right handed bat to pursue given our needs.

vCash
    I like the Chris Young idea as long as we don't have to give up to much to get him. Anything would be an improvement over Torres running around out there.

vCash
    I'd def take Young over Kubel. One thing I've noticed about Citi is that you NEED a very defensively solid CF that can cover ground. Young does that. And he steals bases and hits HRs. To me its a no brainer. Kubel may hit more HRs but he also plays Duda like Defense, which is something we don't want. However, if Sandy can get both, go ahead and do it

vCash
    I don't really like young his numbers are pretty awful. He doesn't steal many bases or hit many homeruns and his average is awful...

Could we get Upton for Murphy, Familia, Den Decker, Flores and Duda?

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Young's career numbers of .239 BA, .318 OBA and about 140 Ks a year, are not going to help much as a leadoff bat. While Kubel is a productive hitter, hearing from Matt Cerrone on MetsBlog that he is probably a worse defender than Duda, is a scary thought.

vCash
    Well that's what we would have to put up with, you are talking a .220 hitter who could hopefully give us 20 homers and play good defense.

But these are the type of acquisitions we need to make because we have no money lol.

Like i said previously, **** it bring him in then Arencibia in and the only way we will score runs is via the home run.

We will become a mini version of the Yankees (except minus the success)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Well that's what we would have to put up with, you are talking a .220 hitter who could hopefully give us 20 homers and play good defense.

But these are the type of acquisitions we need to make because we have no money lol.

Like i said previously, **** it bring him in then Arencibia in and the only way we will score runs is via the home run.

We will become a mini version of the Yankees (except minus the success)
    I agree. I think that those are the kind of moves to make, except with Hundley instead but yeah we need to hit more HRs so Arencibia and Young fit that. Young will play good D and steal some bases. And the best part? His contract is up after this year so we can let him go if he plays like ***

vCash
    Everyone keeps mentioning Young's "raw" power, talent and potential. He is 29! A career 240 hitter who strikes out too much.Just because he is an upgrade over Torres doesn't mean he is the answer. I mean, who isn't better than Torres lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsfan1963 View Post
    Young's career numbers of .239 BA, .318 OBA and about 140 Ks a year, are not going to help much as a leadoff bat. While Kubel is a productive hitter, hearing from Matt Cerrone on MetsBlog that he is probably a worse defender than Duda, is a scary thought.
    That was an dumb comment from him because Kubel is merely below average.

Duda is the worst OF in baseball and it's not close.

vCash
    Chris Young doesn't strike out THAT much. His problem seems to be that he pops up too much which lowers his average. He has talent though, so I'm curious to see how he does with a new team. He'd be a nice addition, but for us to get him, the D-Backs need to eat salary.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Metsfan1963;23973856]Young's career numbers of .239 BA, .318 OBA and about 140 Ks a year, are not going to help much as a leadoff bat. While Kubel is a productive hitter, hearing from Matt Cerrone on MetsBlog that he is probably a worse defender than Duda, is a scary thought.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but that's Matt Cerrone, he puts his socks on and then takes them off again because he thinks he got it wrong.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Marty Mcfly;23975601]
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsfan1963 View Post
    Young's career numbers of .239 BA, .318 OBA and about 140 Ks a year, are not going to help much as a leadoff bat. While Kubel is a productive hitter, hearing from Matt Cerrone on MetsBlog that he is probably a worse defender than Duda, is a scary thought.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but that's Matt Cerrone, he puts his socks on and then takes them off again because he thinks he got it wrong.
    Actually, he puts his socks on, and then he takes them off, for example, or rather, he uses a strategy of attempting both methods of sock deployment, so to speak, in an effort to maximize what he gets from his sock usage, which I gather from talking to people close to the sock situation, is part of his sock wearing philosophy going forward, which could be painfully redundant today, but in essence, is the proper way of handling sock wearing in the future...
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    [QUOTE=GottaBelieve;23975734]
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post

Actually, he puts his socks on, and then he takes them off, for example, or rather, he uses a strategy of attempting both methods of sock deployment, so to speak, in an effort to maximize what he gets from his sock usage, which I gather from talking to people close to the sock situation, is part of his sock wearing philosophy going forward, which could be painfully redundant today, but in essence, is the proper way of handling sock wearing in the future...

HAHAHAHA!!!

Mr. Equivocation himself. He never had an opinion he couldn't change by the end of a paragraph.

vCash
    I'd love Chris Young on this team. The problem is that we probably don't match up well with the D-Backs for a trade, and the Wilpons aren't going to want to touch his reasonable salary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    I'd love Chris Young on this team. The problem is that we probably don't match up well with the D-Backs for a trade, and the Wilpons aren't going to want to touch his reasonable salary.
    Not if we give up more talent and ask them to eat some of the salary.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast