Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake Scott- RG

vCash

Jake Scott- RG

Is it odd to anyone else that this guy doesn't have a job right now? He was a top 10 guard in all of football last year, is still only 31 years old, and he's sitting out for now because he's getting low ball offers.

Now, with the Eagles cap space, and Watkins not performing up to par, why have they not even brought him in for a workout? Unless he lost a step big time, no reason he doesn't upgrade both the pass and run blocking.

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post
    Is it odd to anyone else that this guy doesn't have a job right now? He was a top 10 guard in all of football last year, is still only 31 years old, and he's sitting out for now because he's getting low ball offers.

Now, with the Eagles cap space, and Watkins not performing up to par, why have they not even brought him in for a workout? Unless he lost a step big time, no reason he doesn't upgrade both the pass and run blocking.
    Dude wasn't even close to a top 10 guard last year. Don't be an idiot.

Mathis
    Grubbs
    Nicks
    Joseph
    Evans
    Mankins
    Waters
    Snee
    Sitton
    Colledge
    Yanda
    Iupati
    Hutchinson
    Levitre
    Moore
    Slauson

Are all leaps and bounds better than him. If no one else in the NFL wants him then its probably good the eagles don't either
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Go watch some film from last season before calling people names.

Thanks for providing me a list of Nfl guards who you baselessly claim to be better.
    Last edited by Illa215; 10-12-2012 at 01:20 AM.

FIRE ME!

vCash
    I hated the Watkins pick.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post

Mathis
    Grubbs
    Nicks
    Joseph
    Evans
    Mankins
    Waters
    Snee
    Sitton
    Colledge
    Yanda
    Iupati
    Hutchinson
    Levitre
    Moore
    Slauson

Are all leaps and bounds better than him. If no one else in the NFL wants him then its probably good the eagles don't either
    From 2007-2011, Jake Scott allowed only 5 sacks and 12 QB hits. As miserable as the Titan's rushing attack was last season, they average 4.7 YPC running behind their right gurad, Jake Scott. Oh, and he's only 31 years old, still considered an offensive guard's prime.

So, again, thank you for providing baseless information and throwing out insults. Classy AND knowledgeable.

Oh, and if you put an ounce of research in, you'd have found out that he's holding out due to pathetic contract offers from teams.

I'd rather you not even respond than call me a name and throw out an opinion with no facts.

FIRE ME!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    I hated the Watkins pick.
    I agree with that. Never smart to take a player who has four years on every other draft pick.

If he was younger, he could ride the bench and learn for a year or two. Don't really have that option when he's drafted as a 27 year old.

FIRE ME!

vCash
    Did I just see Matt Slauson on a list of "good" NFL guards
    SPACE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post

Mathis
    Grubbs
    Nicks
    Joseph
    Evans
    Mankins
    Waters
    Snee
    Sitton
    Colledge
    Yanda
    Iupati
    Hutchinson
    Levitre
    Moore
    Slauson

From 2007-2011, Jake Scott allowed only 5 sacks and 12 QB hits. As miserable as the Titan's rushing attack was last season, they average 4.7 YPC running behind their right gurad, Jake Scott. Oh, and he's only 31 years old, still considered an offensive guard's prime.

So, again, thank you for providing baseless information and throwing out insults. Classy AND knowledgeable.

Oh, and if you put an ounce of research in, you'd have found out that he's holding out due to pathetic contract offers from teams.

I'd rather you not even respond than call me a name and throw out an opinion with no facts.
    And why are said teams providing him with pathetic contract offers? Because they don't value him. The guys career is over. "Holding out" for a better contract as 31 year old veteran pretty pretty much means that he's not getting a job as a starter and the longe the "holds out" the more he declines.

And offensive line statistics are the least reliable statistics there are. And contrary to your claim I've watched plenty of tape.

The Eagles are not going to replace a first round draft pick at RG with a middle of the road 31 year old vet n even if the Watkins pick was ********
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Really? Is that your best top guard list? Clearly you do not follow the NFL. If you watch Jake Scott on tape you will see he is a top guard. After signing a nearly $20 million/ 4 year contract it is about money. Guards in his nature our devalued in this league. And if you do your internet research he was #7 guard. Just wait douche........He isn't done yet! Don't act as if you know the game! Clearly you don't!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyballfan View Post
    Really? Is that your best top guard list? Clearly you do not follow the NFL. If you watch Jake Scott on tape you will see he is a top guard. After signing a nearly $20 million/ 4 year contract it is about money. Guards in his nature our devalued in this league. And if you do your internet research he was #7 guard. Just wait douche........He isn't done yet! Don't act as if you know the game! Clearly you don't!
    Lol this late into the season and they guy is still unemployed... Clearly people aren't knocking down the door to get this "#7" guard
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    I say you guys should sign him for no other reason than he looks like Opie from Sons of Anarchy.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    I love when people say silly things like "watch tape" on an NFL player, as if fans, at home, have isolated tape on certain players, and enough tape to be able to evaluate them.

There's a reason he's 31 and at home. If the dude was still this mythical "top 10 guard", someone would have given him a fair contract. In fact, that would mean that over 20 teams should have him on speed dial, right now, because he'd be better than their team's starting guards. Yet, here we are, on November 11, 2012, and he's still not getting a contract. I wonder why? Maybe it's because he's not a starting guard in the NFL any more for various reasons, and he refuses to sign with a team who's going to use him primarily as a backup lineman? Maybe that?

Because actual NFL coaches and GM's, who, unlike you and me, do have tape on him, and who, you can bet your candy ***, have reviewed that tape on him, are not offering him contracts that would make you think that he's still a top NFL guard.

But hey, I be you were one of those people who thought when we signed guys like O.J. Atgowe off of the scrap heap at age 31 that he was still a borderline all-pro safety? Man...that one sure as hell worked out for us, considering we don't have any problems at the safety position. Oh - wait....you....you don't say? That one, too, didn't work out? Man. Go figure.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I love when people say silly things like "watch tape" on an NFL player, as if fans, at home, have isolated tape on certain players, and enough tape to be able to evaluate them.

There's a reason he's 31 and at home. If the dude was still this mythical "top 10 guard", someone would have given him a fair contract. In fact, that would mean that over 20 teams should have him on speed dial, right now, because he'd be better than their team's starting guards. Yet, here we are, on November 11, 2012, and he's still not getting a contract. I wonder why? Maybe it's because he's not a starting guard in the NFL any more for various reasons, and he refuses to sign with a team who's going to use him primarily as a backup lineman? Maybe that?

Because actual NFL coaches and GM's, who, unlike you and me, do have tape on him, and who, you can bet your candy ***, have reviewed that tape on him, are not offering him contracts that would make you think that he's still a top NFL guard.

But hey, I be you were one of those people who thought when we signed guys like O.J. Atgowe off of the scrap heap at age 31 that he was still a borderline all-pro safety? Man...that one sure as hell worked out for us, considering we don't have any problems at the safety position. Oh - wait....you....you don't say? That one, too, didn't work out? Man. Go figure.
    Uhhh.... I'm trying to figure out where Atogwe came into this whole situation... Considering he hasn't been relevant for years.

FIRE ME!

vCash

Eagles sign lineman Jake Scott

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...ke-Scott-.html

The Eagles signed veteran offensive lineman Jake Scott to a one-year contract and released guard Julian Vandervelde.

The 31-year-old Scott has started 121 career regular season games and nine postseason games with the Indianapolis Colts (2004-07) and Tennessee Titans (2008-11) during his career. He started all 16 games in each of the last seven years and has the ability to play both guard positions and right tackle.

FIRE ME!

vCash
    Hmm I wonder if Reid and company are afraid Foles will get killed?I mean seriously if they were thinking about signing Scott,why didn't they do it 2 or 3 weeks ago?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast