Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 90
  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,265
    vCash
    1500
    More and more teams will look at him. For someone who can pitch a 100mph in high school, that is a big up. At this point, you either you have velocity or not. Considering he is only at this age, he should be able to grow and pitch faster than that in coming years. If he has control while pitching with those speeds, we'll see him in a few years if he do signs with an MLB team.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    ^ESPN and PSD Agrees

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,302
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    also both the redsox and the rangers are after him, which could be a problem considering yu darvish autographed a baseball for the rangers people to give to him.
    I think Sox, Yankees, Dodgers and Rangers are all teams with a chance.

    also Otani is subject to the international free agent spending cap. So the teams who have spent quite a bit of money already(Yankees) aren't likely to have enough to sign him.

    We have about 1.5-1.6 million left so more than most of the teams in the running.

    Otani also wanted to meet with us first and we've been after him the longest. These are a couple of reasons why we are considered the favorite

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,265
    vCash
    1500
    One reason is the our history of signing and making Japanese players feel at home here, especially pitchers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    ^ESPN and PSD Agrees

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,302
    vCash
    1500
    Dodgers met with Otani today. Let's hope they can wrap up a contract in the next 2 or 3 days.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Brea,CA
    Posts
    31,386
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Brink View Post
    Dodgers met with Otani today. Let's hope they can wrap up a contract in the next 2 or 3 days.
    ray:
    Foam Party!

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    10,687
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekhelxD View Post
    One reason is the our history of signing and making Japanese players feel at home here, especially pitchers.
    i wish we still had hiroki kuroda, also, i think the reason why is the greater LA area has the largest Japanese population in the country

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    2,516
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Brink View Post
    Dodgers met with Otani today. Let's hope they can wrap up a contract in the next 2 or 3 days.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    10,687
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekhelxD View Post
    More and more teams will look at him. For someone who can pitch a 100mph in high school, that is a big up. At this point, you either you have velocity or not. Considering he is only at this age, he should be able to grow and pitch faster than that in coming years. If he has control while pitching with those speeds, we'll see him in a few years if he do signs with an MLB team.
    that's not true, most 17-18-19 year olds aren't done growing into their bodies yet, and by about 21-22 what ever velocity they have is probably all they will have.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    10,687
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Brink View Post
    I think Sox, Yankees, Dodgers and Rangers are all teams with a chance.

    also Otani is subject to the international free agent spending cap. So the teams who have spent quite a bit of money already(Yankees) aren't likely to have enough to sign him.

    We have about 1.5-1.6 million left so more than most of the teams in the running.

    Otani also wanted to meet with us first and we've been after him the longest. These are a couple of reasons why we are considered the favorite
    isn't the amount of money you have dependent on your record? like despite making the playoffs and potentially winning the world series the tigers should have more than the Angels because the angels had a better record

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    839
    vCash
    1500
    tommy john surgery waiting to happen.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Brea,CA
    Posts
    31,386
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by agureghian View Post
    tommy john surgery waiting to happen.
    Thanks for your input?
    Foam Party!

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,051
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by agureghian View Post
    tommy john surgery waiting to happen.
    You're an idiot.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,302
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    isn't the amount of money you have dependent on your record? like despite making the playoffs and potentially winning the world series the tigers should have more than the Angels because the angels had a better record
    no every team gets 2.9 million dollars to spend

  14. #29
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    457
    vCash
    1500
    Should have kept kuroda

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,122
    vCash
    1500
    We can afford Kuroda now.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •