Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost

vCash

Lost

I loved lost. I probably woulda died though if I had to wait between weeks/seasons for some of the cliffhangers though.

props to VCU for the sig!

vCash
    Many people may not like LOST due to the ending or unanswered questions, but I can comfortably say that it is without a doubt the most engaging show out there. The way the writers made it possible to live and die with each character and episode was magical.

Andy's List of Secrets

vCash
    Funny I started re-watching from the beginning about a month ago. I have the DVD's and just finished the "?" episode last night.

vCash
    This, Friday Night Lights, and Prison Break are my favorite TV series' of all time. Might have to put Lost on top.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Season 1 was the best season of TV ever

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Goddammit, did I love LOST. I listened to podcasts, I read websites and looked at blown up screen caps, and it was one of very few shows that I would DVR, but watch live, every time, almost without fail. I'm not going to say it was perfect, or even the greatest show ever, but I've never had more fun watching a show and being involved in it from pretty much mid-Season 2 on. I downloaded Season 1 and just consumed it whole, in like a week.

Anyway...

I'm rewatching The Wire with the girlfriend right now, actually. We've only got a few episodes left. As much as I loved LOST, as much as it will always hold a special place in my heart, I can say honestly that The Wire is a better show, and probably the best show I've ever watched.

The thing you have to do is, first, make sure you start from the very beginning, and don't skip any episodes. Second, pay attention. It rewards being engaged more than most shows even dream about doing. Third, give it time. It's something of a slow burn, but once it hits, it hits like a nuclear bomb. You find yourself actually caring about, and rooting for drug dealers that have literally killed other people, and you might not even know why you're doing it. It is expertly written, expertly acted, expertly paced, and expertly produced. It isn't without flaws, no show will be, but they're few and far between, and only really show up late in it's run, I think.

Just give it a real chance. I haven't heard anyone yet that's watched it all and regretted it. If for no other reason than Omar alone (who is almost universally voted the best character ever on any poll you find), it is immensely rewarding.
    Really, this is what I meant. IMO there have been quite a few shows I've seen that are 'better shows' than Lost seasons 1-3 and Prison Break seasons 1 & 2, but none of them have really grabbed onto me in the same way that those two did.

And about The Wire, I've never seen the first episode. I saw some re-runs on TV and tried to watch some, but I couldn't watch more than 2 or 3 at a time. I have Amazon Prime or whatever it's called, so I'll see if The Wire is on there and give it another shot from episode 1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    Season 1 was the best season of TV ever
    I agree 100%. When this was on TV it dominated my life. I found myself just counting the days until it was Wednesday again, and when it was on the mid-season/end-of-season hiatus, I was agonizingly awaiting it's return. But at the same time I liked that feeling because when I finally got to see the episode, it was so much more satisfying. I spend the whole week thinking, "What's gonna happen next time?" Then, I'd come up with some theory only to be proven totally wrong the following week. It kept exceeding my expectations.

vCash
    I loved the 1st season of Lost, but didn't care for it much after that. It was an okay show, but insanely overrated IMO.

vCash
    Every great show is overrated to someone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHinrich12 View Post
    Every great show is overrated to someone.
    I'm not the only person that thinks it's overrated.

Like I said before, good show, not great though IMO. I definitely enjoyed it, just not nearly as much as when it first started.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 10-12-2012 at 05:53 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I'm not the only person that thinks it's overrated.

Like I said before, good show, not great though IMO.
    I'm just saying, there are people who find Breaking Bad, Mad Men and others overrated too.

LOST was definitely great though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHinrich12 View Post
    I'm just saying, there are people who find Breaking Bad, Mad Men and others overrated too.
    No doubt...I love both shows, and while I don't think BB's overrated, I do think Mad Men really is. Not every show appeals to everyone and Lost is a good example for me. After a certain point I just wanted to see how it ended and wasn't really invested like in the beginning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    Yea but there was also the psychic that said that the baby had to be raised by Claire and nobody else, and the vision Jack had in the flash forward of Charlie telling him he wasn't supposed to raise Aaron. At first I thought he was either Jesus or the Anti christ or something, they never elaborated one what was so specifically important about Aaron. Same goes for Walt, why did they take him? His adoptive father said weird things happened around him (like when the bird flew into the glass door). The Others kept saying he was special. What was so important about them?
    If I remember correctly, I remember Abrams saying they were going to do a whole thing on Walt but then they had to write him out because he got too old and couldn't pass for a 12 year old when he was actually 16.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    This, Friday Night Lights, and Prison Break are my favorite TV series' of all time. Might have to put Lost on top.
    I've been watching Friday Night Lights and was really into it after Season 1, but both season 2 and 4 were very underwhelming. They started shifting their focus away from football and I'm getting tired of having to deal with everyone's stupid problems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    If I remember correctly, I remember Abrams saying they were going to do a whole thing on Walt but then they had to write him out because he got too old and couldn't pass for a 12 year old when he was actually 16.
    That makes sense, but they could have done something to explain it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast