Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost

vCash

Lost

I know it's been a few years since it was on the air, but HOLY ****. A few weeks ago I went to dinner with my sister and she suggested that I start watching Lost. I watched the pilot when I got home, was instantly hooked, and watched the entire series in just under 16 days. It might have been the greatest television series I've ever seen. My only issue is how many things were left unresolved (why were they so interested in Walt? What was so special about Aaron?) Just overall a fantastic show that warrants a thread (even though I'm sure there was one when it was on the air).

vCash
    great tv show.... one of my top 3 favorites ever

obviously there were questions left unanswered but they did a good job overall wrapping it up IMO

vCash

Lost

Weren't they interested in Aaron because they were trying to make sure that Claire wouldn't die in child birth like all the other women on the island?

vCash
    The first three seasons are the greatest thing in the history of the world. I still enjoyed the last ones as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    Weren't they interested in Aaron because they were trying to make sure that Claire wouldn't die in child birth like all the other women on the island?
    Yea but there was also the psychic that said that the baby had to be raised by Claire and nobody else, and the vision Jack had in the flash forward of Charlie telling him he wasn't supposed to raise Aaron. At first I thought he was either Jesus or the Anti christ or something, they never elaborated one what was so specifically important about Aaron. Same goes for Walt, why did they take him? His adoptive father said weird things happened around him (like when the bird flew into the glass door). The Others kept saying he was special. What was so important about them?

vCash
    never got into it, whats it all really about?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    never got into it, whats it all really about?
    This isn't a question that can be adequately answered in this type of space. Basically, a plane crashes on an island and the survivors have to live on it, only the island has polar bears and other people and secret hatches and is run by someone who may or may not be god. Every episode raises like 9 new cliffhangers and all hell breaks loose around season 4 when the island starts time traveling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHeadsRule View Post
    The first three seasons are the greatest thing in the history of the world. I still enjoyed the last ones as well.
    I agree. Seasons 1-3 of Lost and season 1 & 2 of Prison Break are tied for my favorite stretches of TV of all time.

Also, I like your sig! Love Casey's pizza. So greasey...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    I agree. Seasons 1-3 of Lost and season 1 & 2 of Prison Break are tied for my favorite stretches of TV of all time.

Also, I like your sig! Love Casey's pizza. So greasey...
    Man you need to check out any of the following because they all blow Prison Break out of the water.

Justified
    Deadwood
    Game of Thrones
    The Wire
    OZ

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Champ View Post
    Man you need to check out any of the following because they all blow Prison Break out of the water.

Justified
    Deadwood
    Game of Thrones

The Wire
    OZ
    Seen the bolded, and I am a HUGE fan of GoT and Deadwood. Justified is good too (I've got most of the seasons on DVD. I've seen part of The Wire as well and wasn't too impressed. It was really underwhelming like The Sopranos. Everyone kept telling me, "It's such an amazing show," or "You have to watch this! It's the best show ever made," and these types of comments set it up for a huge letdown. I had such high expectations, and I couldn't get into it because I was expecting a masterpiece, what I got instead wasn't much better than anything else I was watching.

vCash
    been watching a few episodes lately mondays on G4 they do 4 hour marathons. God damn I miss this show.

vCash
    My favorite show of all-time, been searching for a replacement since it ended and there's just been nothing close to it in terms of how much it made me think and want to research things or listen to podcasts afterward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHinrich12 View Post
    My favorite show of all-time, been searching for a replacement since it ended and there's just been nothing close to it in terms of how much it made me think and want to research things or listen to podcasts afterward.
    That's exactly how I was with Lost as well. Since mid-season 1 I went to websites that had podcasts and theories forums reading/listening to other people's theories and trying to come up with my own. I don't know that there will ever be a show like it again.

vCash
    Best show in the history of shows for me. I first watched it about 6 months ago and I finished the whole series in like a week and a half. So addicting.

vCash
    Goddammit, did I love LOST. I listened to podcasts, I read websites and looked at blown up screen caps, and it was one of very few shows that I would DVR, but watch live, every time, almost without fail. I'm not going to say it was perfect, or even the greatest show ever, but I've never had more fun watching a show and being involved in it from pretty much mid-Season 2 on. I downloaded Season 1 and just consumed it whole, in like a week.

Anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    I've seen part of The Wire as well and wasn't too impressed. It was really underwhelming like The Sopranos. Everyone kept telling me, "It's such an amazing show," or "You have to watch this! It's the best show ever made," and these types of comments set it up for a huge letdown. I had such high expectations, and I couldn't get into it because I was expecting a masterpiece, what I got instead wasn't much better than anything else I was watching.
    I'm rewatching The Wire with the girlfriend right now, actually. We've only got a few episodes left. As much as I loved LOST, as much as it will always hold a special place in my heart, I can say honestly that The Wire is a better show, and probably the best show I've ever watched.

The thing you have to do is, first, make sure you start from the very beginning, and don't skip any episodes. Second, pay attention. It rewards being engaged more than most shows even dream about doing. Third, give it time. It's something of a slow burn, but once it hits, it hits like a nuclear bomb. You find yourself actually caring about, and rooting for drug dealers that have literally killed other people, and you might not even know why you're doing it. It is expertly written, expertly acted, expertly paced, and expertly produced. It isn't without flaws, no show will be, but they're few and far between, and only really show up late in it's run, I think.

Just give it a real chance. I haven't heard anyone yet that's watched it all and regretted it. If for no other reason than Omar alone (who is almost universally voted the best character ever on any poll you find), it is immensely rewarding.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast