vCash
    I got a Jeff Garcia Jersey! smh...
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Ok, that one was kind of your fault.

vCash
    I love us signing Rich Hill. If he is somewhat healthy..this guy can contribute.

vCash
    here is my hypothetical: now that we so shrewdly "locked" up Aviles for two years, what if we traded droobs for young pitching and signed Bourne with some of the money we saved. does that make sense?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacco111 View Post
    here is my hypothetical: now that we so shrewdly "locked" up Aviles for two years, what if we traded droobs for young pitching and signed Bourne with some of the money we saved. does that make sense?
    Bourn's going to the Mets for 15 mill a year on a 3-4 year deal. Tribe cannot match that. What you see with the team right now is probably what you are going to get. DH by committee, multiple bullpen arms with open spots being decided in ST and most likely a rotation of Masty, Ubs, Myers, McAl and Carlos. I don't expect a major trade at least with someone like ACab or Pestano until mid summer. Perez might be too expensive these days for a team to want to give up anything of value for him.

TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

vCash
    So, you're the one who bought that..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Bourn's going to the Mets for 15 mill a year on a 3-4 year deal. Tribe cannot match that. What you see with the team right now is probably what you are going to get. DH by committee, multiple bullpen arms with open spots being decided in ST and most likely a rotation of Masty, Ubs, Myers, McAl and Carlos. I don't expect a major trade at least with someone like ACab or Pestano until mid summer. Perez might be too expensive these days for a team to want to give up anything of value for him.
    Rich Hill brings a Loogy to the Bullpen Mafia.. the replacement for Raffy Left?. maybe?. At any rate, having a second or third lefty in the pen can't be a bad thing, even if it's Rich Hill!! Hill was able to post fairly respectable numbers for the Sawx last year including holding LH batters to a .205 BA while achieving a 1.83 ERA, 9.6 K's/9 in 25 appearances. This coming a full season and off season since his 2011 tommy john surgery. He could be that extra LHRP the Indians will need.

The ideal situation for the Indians and either Asdrubal or Chris Perez would be to make any deal happen before the start of spring training. If it's Asdrubal, then a "choo-esque" return would be needed. If it's Chris Perez, it may be a deeper, less major league ready SP with upside who would be returning.. If the Indians wait until mid season/the trading deadline, it will mean our Wahoo's are not on the warpath and are hopelessly out of contention.. not that that isn't going to happen, anyway..

Hopefully, that will not be the case...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoSon View Post
    So, you're the one who bought that..
    He came off some good years with the 49ers so most people thought he was gonna be good for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacco111 View Post
    I would say the more likely or preferred scenario would be to take less than we would normally take for Chris Perez since the bullpen is our strength and use the 7.3 million to sign Bourn or Lohse but like others have said this is probably the team we'll go into Opening Day with. The lineup with Bourn in it would look very nice though. I don't think the bullpen would suffer much without Perez with Pestano closing and if he falters in that role a guy like Capps could step in that role.

Bourn
    Kipnis
    Asdrubal
    Swisher
    Santana
    Brantley
    Reynolds
    Chisenhall
    Stubbs

Also, I think this team would be a contender assuming our pitching isn't terrible. Also, I'd play Swisher at 1B alot with an OF of Brantley, Stubbs, and Bourn. Our defense in the outfield would be sick.
    Last edited by JustinLafferty; 02-08-2013 at 09:36 AM.

vCash
    He came off some good years with the 49ers so most people thought he was gonna be good for us.
    I think you've missed the point here.. the, uh, mystery of the single jersey that was sold went to an unknown buyer.. Now that you've revealed yourself, the mystery of who bought the jersey can now be put to rest.. thanks...

vCash
    Just as a small aside.. the Indians & STO will be broadcasting 159 games this coming season. There will be two nationally televised games.. leaving one orphan game, July 13th, I believe versus the KC Royals not being broadcast. The Indians will also air a half dozen Spring Training games.. there might be some added games via FSN with cincinnati's Reds being broadcast as well..

and,....Pitchers and catchers will be reporting to Goodyear Az this coming week...

vCash
    I had a LeBron fathead but I sold it on eBay in March 2010 because I knew he was gonna leave, was a good decision then, but maybe he'll come back and I'll buy another...lol

I remember my dad yelling down to me in my room saying the Browns signed Garcia, was playing Halo and I thought playoffs here we come....not, he did turn in a solid couple seasons after that on Philly, def a guy that needs a specific system for his skills, we misused him...my dad still wears a Thome shirt, got a couple holes in it but maybe Jimbo will be back this season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoSon View Post
    I think you've missed the point here.. the, uh, mystery of the single jersey that was sold went to an unknown buyer.. Now that you've revealed yourself, the mystery of who bought the jersey can now be put to rest.. thanks...
    Ur joke just wasn't funny lol.

vCash
    Ur joke just wasn't funny lol.
    This.

It's also an unoriginal joke that has been used for years in different situations, wasn't funny then, not funny now...

vCash
    LOL, I've always wanted a fathead just never got one. I might get one of Irving for my game room.

Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast