Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    vCash
    YAY!!!! Someone talked about something else!!!!!!!!!! Even if it was my normal sparring partner, Geronimo!!!!

vCash
    Here is something else, but sad, to talk about... the most fun we are going to have this summer is watching trevor bauer play catch from 400 feet.... Santana, Reynolds, Swisher will strike out a combined 500 times... Even if Ubaldo exorcises his demons and Masterson realizes he is in for a big contract elsewhere if he gets his stuff together, we will not score enough runs to finish above Kansas City... Thank goodness Minnesota also forgot how to build a team and will finish below us... Until we stop using the mid market or small market excuse, we will continue to mire in mediocrity.... The direction of this organization is to make money in a revenue sharing league without having to put a team on the field people want to come and see...

vCash
    Here is something else, but sad, to talk about... the most fun we are going to have this summer is watching trevor bauer play catch from 400 feet.... Santana, Reynolds, Swisher will strike out a combined 500 times... Even if Ubaldo exorcises his demons and Masterson realizes he is in for a big contract elsewhere if he gets his stuff together, we will not score enough runs to finish above Kansas City... Thank goodness Minnesota also forgot how to build a team and will finish below us... Until we stop using the mid market or small market excuse, we will continue to mire in mediocrity....The direction of this organization is to make money in a revenue sharing league without having to put a team on the field people want to come and see...
    Please explain how you legitimately would have ran this team this offseason with the money available to create a team that you would want to come see? You even have the chance to use hindsight to make your offseason now that most players are signed, traded, etc.

This thread is becoming horrendous. Thank you though for atleast trying to bring us back to the 2013 offseason even though how negative it was.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozziecomehome View Post
    Here is something else, but sad, to talk about... the most fun we are going to have this summer is watching trevor bauer play catch from 400 feet.... Santana, Reynolds, Swisher will strike out a combined 500 times... Even if Ubaldo exorcises his demons and Masterson realizes he is in for a big contract elsewhere if he gets his stuff together, we will not score enough runs to finish above Kansas City... Thank goodness Minnesota also forgot how to build a team and will finish below us... Until we stop using the mid market or small market excuse, we will continue to mire in mediocrity.... The direction of this organization is to make money in a revenue sharing league without having to put a team on the field people want to come and see...
    Dude.... This team may not make the playoffs because of how good the Tigers are right now but this is the most promising team since 2007.... There's no small market excuse... There's a small market reality. Kipnis, Brantley, Chisenhall, and Santana are all very talented players. If they play up to potential or even 2 or 3 of them do, we have a real shot at the playoffs if things go our way and the injury bug don't strike.

I've been a outspoken critic at how the front office has been ran in the past decade and how I don't think they ever really went the extra mile in 2007 to fix holes in the team. They just let it play out and stayed the course but we're in a really solid position not only for this year but going ahead in the future.

This lineup has speed and power. We'll have to live with the K's from Reynolds and Stubbs. The outfield defense with Brantley in LF, Stubbs in CF, and Swish in RF should be pretty legit. So instead of whining about things unwarranted given the offseason we just had, enjoy the one good offseason we've had in a long time and go into the season optimistic.

vCash
    Indians signed OF Jeremy Hermida to a minor league contract.
    Hermida, a former top prospect, hit just .250/.333/.375 across 27 plate appearances last season for the Padres. He's doubtful to make a big impact in Cleveland.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...ll-player-news

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

6. 02-04-2013, 03:39 PM
    Reason
    2x post

vCash
    2013 it is... glad that talk is over with lol. annoying
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Yeah.. Jeremy Hermida is a slightly better version of Andy Marte.. Doesn't really fit the mold of a young talented team with a sprinkling of capable veterans to provide leadership.. Perhaps he's mellowed, refined his swing, exorcized his demons, etc. etc... and he's ready to blossom.. a late bloomer, as it would be?.. IDK.. MiLB contract with an spring training invite says = last desperate hope for one more year playing a child's game in to the sun on freshly mown grass... Good for Jeremy Hermida.. okay for the Indians..

On another note.. not many "Jeremys" have done well on the Indians.. FWIW...

vCash
    Apparently the Tribe is still considering Thome, wouldn't mind bringing him back for another rodeo, somewhere in the neighborhood of 1 year $1.25 million, due to his age and the inevitability of injuries throughout the season, I think we can get between 70-80 games out of him and 15-20 blasts. He then would be able to finish out the season and retire in an Indians jersey. I mean what other options do we have at DH other than bringing in a rookie, DH will still have to be a platoon this season. I like Kubel, not sure what we would have to give up to get him tho...

10. 02-04-2013, 08:53 PM
    Reason
    Baiting/Responses to Baiting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandSpider View Post
    Apparently the Tribe is still considering Thome, wouldn't mind bringing him back for another rodeo, somewhere in the neighborhood of 1 year $1.25 million, due to his age and the inevitability of injuries throughout the season, I think we can get between 70-80 games out of him and 15-20 blasts. He then would be able to finish out the season and retire in an Indians jersey. I mean what other options do we have at DH other than bringing in a rookie, DH will still have to be a platoon this season. I like Kubel, not sure what we would have to give up to get him tho...
    I am pretty sure that 'Zona is done dealing OF now that they traded Upton. Highly doubt that they trade their other power hitting OF...I don't see them trotting out an everyday OF of Gerardo Parra, Adam Eaton, and Cody Ross (though they could put Martin Prado out there...but then they are putting Eric Chavez or Willie Bloomquist at 3B everyday). Either way, I don't see the D'Backs trading another OF unless they are out of it at the deadline, in which case Kubel is as good as gone (assuming he is putting up numbers again).

12. 02-04-2013, 09:40 PM
    Reason
    Baiting/Responses to Baiting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    I am pretty sure that 'Zona is done dealing OF now that they traded Upton. Highly doubt that they trade their other power hitting OF...I don't see them trotting out an everyday OF of Gerardo Parra, Adam Eaton, and Cody Ross (though they could put Martin Prado out there...but then they are putting Eric Chavez or Willie Bloomquist at 3B everyday). Either way, I don't see the D'Backs trading another OF unless they are out of it at the deadline, in which case Kubel is as good as gone (assuming he is putting up numbers again).
    I prefer Thome over what we have on the team now, heard the Indians might only be willing to offer a minor league deal, which is what they wanted to give Hafner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandSpider View Post
    I prefer Thome over what we have on the team now, heard the Indians might only be willing to offer a minor league deal, which is what they wanted to give Hafner
    I actually preferred Thome to Hafner. Although Thome was hurt a lot last year, he has been more durable than Hafner over the past 3-4 years, albeit in ideal platooning roles. But unless he's completely breaking down I think it is fair to expect him to remain more healthy than Hafner in 2013.

I don't think Thome would agree to a minor league contract though. But hey, I wouldn't mind giving him $2-3 million because he'd make up that much in fanfare, merchandise sales, and I still believe that he can productive in a limited role. He could play 2-4 days per week and the other days we could rotate at DH when he is not playing.

Unless someone like Hermida steps up in ST we currently have no DH and will just end up rotating at that spot. We could be fine doing that, but with the uncertainty surrounding our 4th OF and backup INF's I believe Thome would more than likely present a better option for 250-350 of those AB's.

vCash
    Please use this thread to only discuss the 2013 offseason. Feel free to create other new threads in the Indians forum for different topics.

The 2007 Indians thread has been updated to include all of the posts that were made in this thread. Feel free to discuss that topic HERE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiansFan337 View Post
    I actually preferred Thome to Hafner. Although Thome was hurt a lot last year, he has been more durable than Hafner over the past 3-4 years, albeit in ideal platooning roles. But unless he's completely breaking down I think it is fair to expect him to remain more healthy than Hafner in 2013.

I don't think Thome would agree to a minor league contract though. But hey, I wouldn't mind giving him $2-3 million because he'd make up that much in fanfare, merchandise sales, and I still believe that he can productive in a limited role. He could play 2-4 days per week and the other days we could rotate at DH when he is not playing.

Unless someone like Hermida steps up in ST we currently have no DH and will just end up rotating at that spot. We could be fine doing that, but with the uncertainty surrounding our 4th OF and backup INF's I believe Thome would more than likely present a better option for 250-350 of those AB's.
    Thome signed a 1 year $1.25 million deal with Philly last year so I don't think itd take that much, I wouldnt min giving him the same contract...it sucks he had to spend some of the season in the NL with no DH and got spot at bats here and there...I think as a platooner, he could give us 70-80 games, with some regularity and consistency, and not being traded mid season, I still think he has the power for 15-20 bombs next year and he's always hit well at the Jake...plus the fan fare and he's an all around good guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Please explain how you legitimately would have ran this team this offseason with the money available to create a team that you would want to come see? You even have the chance to use hindsight to make your offseason now that most players are signed, traded, etc.

This thread is becoming horrendous. Thank you though for atleast trying to bring us back to the 2013 offseason even though how negative it was.
    I would do what Oakland has done the past 2 or three offseasons. They have stockpiled young talent and paid for a great cuban import and they look like a team on the rise. They don't look like a team treading water.

vCash
    I know it will never happen, but a good way to restore the integrity of MLB would be to institute a salary cap...baseballs lack of one is just as bad as the NBAs establishment of super teams and big threes, a few haves and the rest of the league are have nots, small markets don't stand a chance, which is why the NFL will always be the best league and best sport in the country...

Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast