Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacco111 View Post
    I just put $20 bucks on the Indians to win the world series in Vegas. 80-1 shot. The sports book laughed at my dad when he went to place the bet.
    Gotta love your dedication, but I think I'd laugh too. I would doubt us getting about .500 but pitching is going to wreck this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTuzSea View Post
    Gotta love your dedication, but I think I'd laugh too. I would doubt us getting about .500 but pitching is going to wreck this team.
    If anyone I know heads out to Vegas, I always have them lay down that bet for me. It's just something fun I try to do. I had 50-1 in 2007. So close!!!!

I think our pitching will be better than it was last year (has to be). With Stubbs and Reynolds on the team do we break a MLB strike out record? This team could be good with the addition of a solid DH and starting pitcher. They could put it in place by trading Chris Perez. That would free up money, sign someone for DH like Thome real cheap. Trade Perez and a prospect for a decent pitcher and that might put us in a position to be competitive.

The way we are set right now, we won't beat Detroit, Chicago and might have an issue with KC.

But you are right, too many things have to go right with our rotation for them not to be flamable. Ubaldo and Masterson have to get back their mojo, Carrasco probably can't be counted on his first year back from TJ, Bauer...2nd year pitcher...bleh..., McCallister might be the best one. Oh boy.
    Last edited by Sacco111; 01-28-2013 at 10:34 AM.

vCash
    If anyone I know heads out to Vegas, I always have them lay down that bet for me. It's just something fun I try to do. I had 50-1 in 2007. So close!!!!

I think our pitching will be better than it was last year (has to be). With Stubbs and Reynolds on the team do we break a MLB strike out record? This team could be good with the addition of a solid DH and starting pitcher. They could put it in place by trading Chris Perez. That would free up money, sign someone for DH like Thome real cheap. Trade Perez and a prospect for a decent pitcher and that might put us in a position to be competitive.

The way we are set right now, we won't beat Detroit, Chicago and might have an issue with KC.

But you are right, too many things have to go right with our rotation for them not to be flamable. Ubaldo and Masterson have to get back their mojo, Carrasco probably can't be counted on his first year back from TJ, Bauer...2nd year pitcher...bleh..., McCallister might be the best one. Oh boy.
    I think that's pretty awesome, honestly. You're bound to be right eventually, aren't you?!

...please.

vCash
    Keep bashing him. You may get what you want.
    I want a world series. thats all just like anyone else. give us a chance Dolan thats all i ask.

To you attendance stats- Once again you have to win on a consistant basis. Cleveland is a small market team with most fans not making alot of money. So you take in the cost to go to a game + weather + the lack of star players to watch + everything else, people would rather watch from home or just check the box score the next day.

Thats why sports teams do dumb stuff like trading for Tim Tebow. To draw in people. Cleveland never does anything exciting or something to talk about.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    I want a world series. thats all just like anyone else. give us a chance Dolan thats all i ask.

To you attendance stats- Once again you have to win on a consistant basis. Cleveland is a small market team with most fans not making alot of money. So you take in the cost to go to a game + weather + the lack of star players to watch + everything else, people would rather watch from home or just check the box score the next day.

Thats why sports teams do dumb stuff like trading for Tim Tebow. To draw in people. Cleveland never does anything exciting or something to talk about.
    I hear ya. I want to win a WS too. Or at least be in the game. We could do our Tim Tebow thing by signing Manny, Thome and Omar? I actually don't think it would hurt the team either. Try to pry Nagy away and get him as a pitching coach.

As for the consistency thing, that would be nice. It's not our model though. We are a build up and tear down franchise every 4 years. Unfortunately the build up didn't work this cycle around. Bad trades...very bad trades (CC and Lee) and terrible drafting. We would have been better off letting CC and Lee walk as at least we would have got first round picks.

vCash
    I hear ya. I want to win a WS too. Or at least be in the game. We could do our Tim Tebow thing by signing Manny, Thome and Omar? I actually don't think it would hurt the team either. Try to pry Nagy away and get him as a pitching coach.
    Manny would def do it. Thome and Omar wouldn't. Because people would just go to one game pay their respects to Thome and Omar and thats it. But People would keep coming back to see what stupid things Manny will do next. Cuz we all know he will do something lol. I would love Nagy.

Your right we are build up and tear now franchise. That needs to stop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Manny would def do it. Thome and Omar wouldn't. Because people would just go to one game pay their respects to Thome and Omar and thats it. But People would keep coming back to see what stupid things Manny will do next. Cuz we all know he will do something lol. I would love Nagy.

Your right we are build up and tear now franchise. That needs to stop.
    I have a feeling Swisher is going to bring some flare to this team. At least from his PC it seems that way. Cleveland is going to fall in love with this guy.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    I agree he will. but can't stop there.

vCash
    Looks like Pronk is taking his talents to the short porch in the Bronx. Interested to see what the Yankees are going to pay him.

We could definitely use a DH type player as I don't see McGuiness or McDade being that player. I know that some of my interest in bringing him back is that I remember his '04-'06 performance....I know that he is more injury prone than any player not named Grady Sizemore...but I am just afraid that he goes to NY for $5 million or less, plays 120+ games, hits 30+ bombs in that band box, drives in 85+, and hits .285 or higher...while we continue searching for a DH....hope I'm wrong...but that's my thought at this point.

vCash
    If Hafner stays healthy he will play well. I feel like that for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    Looks like Pronk is taking his talents to the short porch in the Bronx. Interested to see what the Yankees are going to pay him.

We could definitely use a DH type player as I don't see McGuiness or McDade being that player. I know that some of my interest in bringing him back is that I remember his '04-'06 performance....I know that he is more injury prone than any player not named Grady Sizemore...but I am just afraid that he goes to NY for $5 million or less, plays 120+ games, hits 30+ bombs in that band box, drives in 85+, and hits .285 or higher...while we continue searching for a DH....hope I'm wrong...but that's my thought at this point.
    It truly is a shame, in the midst of a down season for him we convinced ourselves it was the pressure of a new contract that was affecting the small town North Dakota boy, so we signed him long term over Sabathia, coulda signed one of the two, what a mistake, its not as easy as saying hindsight is 20-20, he was playing bad when we extended him, oh well, I'm glad he's gone along with his albatross contract...if he performs well in NY good for him, they'll still be paying ARoids monster contract with diminished returns...

As far as Sizemore goes, its funny how we decline his option then bring him back for base pay with incentives, and then he doesn't play an out the entire year...unlike Hafner, Grady's career derailment isn't possibly tied to steroids, just injury prone and bad luck...I remember when I met Hafner at Giant Eagle a few days after we missed the playoffs in 2005 with a collapse/choke at the end, he was one big dude, I mean huge, his fall from superstardom to average has that steroid feel to it, to bad, shoulda coulda woulda...

vCash
    I'm curious on how were are viewing our left handed relief this year. Hagadone is good but there is no options that I see to help if he gets over worked or injured. Huff can't be the answer.
    Last edited by Sacco111; 01-31-2013 at 01:37 PM.

vCash
    I'll preempt anyone saying Sabathia won't last long enough to get 300 wins by saying he's on a winning organization that gives him run support in the Yankees and he is built like a horse, not small and fragile, not Tim Lincecum small, but a horse and he throws hard, he'd have to average 16 wins for the next 7 years but if anyone could do it, he could...Nolan Ryan had his best control of his career after 40 years old, his body just couldn't hold up, I think Sabathia is built to last and can get there on this side of 40

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandSpider View Post
    I'll preempt anyone saying Sabathia won't last long enough to get 300 wins by saying he's on a winning organization that gives him run support in the Yankees and he is built like a horse, not small and fragile, not Tim Lincecum small, but a horse and he throws hard, he'd have to average 16 wins for the next 7 years but if anyone could do it, he could...Nolan Ryan had his best control of his career after 40 years old, his body just couldn't hold up, I think Sabathia is built to last and can get there on this side of 40
    And Breaking News: CC Sabathia will need Tommy John Surgery this offseason.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTuzSea View Post
    But Geronimo, we all know that players LOVE signing extensions with teams before they hit free agency! That way they get more money!

...wait....
    Michael Bourn is proof of loving to sign extentions.. errr.. Rafael Soriano.. oh wait.. Boras clients.. they should be given a separate column.. I guess the thing that irks me is the idea that there is somehow an unlimited amount of money that the owner of baseball club should have to keep players.. Anything short and it's some kind of great "fail". Like many, I was thrilled when Westbrook and Hafner signed extensions. And like many, understood that when CC was offered 4 years and over $ 70 MM, it was clear, he wasn't going to sign an extension.. no way.. no how.. The Indians had a choice.. take a draft pick (and we all know from history how much draft picks are worth) or make a trade for guys that would be able to contribute. The crux of the situation, CC only had 10-12 weeks before he was going to be a FA.. with anyone, including the Indians & whoever he signed with.. So, given the situation, the best deal the Indians could get.. didn't turn out to be all that.

But back to ridiculous contracts.. The ridiculousness of the contract with the Yankees hasn't reared it's ugly head for CC, but, he still has 4 years & $ 94 MM guaranteed to go. CC also has a vesting year for a minimum of a $ 5 MM buy out or another $ 25 MM. Right now, the Yankees are trying to figure out how to get off the hook for Arod's $ 114 MM in salary for which they're gonna get NOTHING. NO PERFORMANCE. CC is a special case, though. He's a big guy. He's been durable and I'd never wish anything bad to happen to him, but, he's already had a couple of procedures.. and more are coming.. We shall see...
    Last edited by GeronimoSon; 01-31-2013 at 04:06 PM.

Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast