Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    You are missing the true #1 on this team though in that scenario, Brett Myers.
    You mean the long man out of the pen?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    He's the owner, if your not willing to spend money why are you an owner then?
    If dropping 80-90mm on a team a season is not spending any money, then I want to hang with you Mr. High Roller.

Lets face it, the team doesn't draw dick. Even when we were winning, we didn't draw dick. We are on the verge of being moved if stuff doesn't turn around. I lived in a small city that kept shrinking in attendance....they lost their minor league baseball and hockey team. If you don't think it can happen to Cleveland...you are nuts.

Dolan got this huge "windfall" from selling STO. Compare that number to what everyone else is getting. Face it, Cleveland has to be better than everyone in the draft and trades. We have to pay premiums to get free agents in here because nobody wants to come here now.

Be careful what you wish for when you ask the Dolan's to sell. He's a Cleveland and an Indian fan. Someone else might have desires to ship this team to Nashville or Charlotte.

vCash
    CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reports that Travis Hafner and Jim Thome are among free agent hitters being considered by the Indians.
    The Indians declined Hafner's $13 million option for 2013 in October, but they aren't against bringing him back at a lesser salary. The 42-year-old Thome, who played for the Indians from 1991-2002 and again 2011, is working out in hopes of getting a worthwhile offer. Heyman hears that there has been some buzz about a possible reunion with Manny Ramirez, but one person familiar with the Indians' thinking said that he's not a consideration at this point.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...l-player-news/

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoSon View Post
    You go to the game and you get seats behind home plate?. those seats are a terrible place to watch a game.. Unless you were a catcher during your playing days.. you lose perspective on the game on just about every play.. I'd rather be in section 117 along the wall or, in my usual seats just to the left field side of 3rd base along the rail.. keep your eyes open.. foul balls get THERE in a hurry..
    Loved those seats...was a 1B in my playing days. I loved being able to see just how much a ML curve/slider moves (not to mention a good 2 seamer).

I have been in a lot of the 3B line seats (from a section or two past the dugout to the seats in the corner). I got my only foul ball while sitting in the corner....old guy sitting behind me managed to get me to give it to him to give to his dad. Claimed that he and his dad had been to dozens of games in those seats and never gotten one, said his dad's 90th birthday was coming up...so I gave it to him (it was also a week or so after I lost my mother, so I was feeling sappy).

Ultimately, anywhere in the lower bowl is a great place to watch a game at the Jake...even some of the upper deck seats aren't too bad, but...I ultimately like to buy a bleacher seat and stand on the HR porch (unless stubhub has something close for cheap).

vCash
    The Braves are in talks with Arizona for Justin Upton. The D'Backs are interested in trading either Upton or Jason Kubel and "would like to make a decision by Friday" (according to mlbtraderumors.com). Also posted on mlbtraderumors.com was a story about the Orioles being in talks with Arizona for Kubel, stating that the price for the left handed hitting OF has dropped. If I am Chris Antonetti, I am on the phone with Arizona seeing just what that price would be. IMO, Kubel is a much better alternative than either Thome (regardless of our attachment to him) or Hafner...or any other DH candidate out there for that matter. If you add Kubel, you provide yourself with an ability to use him as a DH, an OF, allow Swisher to DH here and there, DH Reynolds and have Swisher play 1B, DH Santana while still having Reynolds, Swisher, and Kubel in the line-up.

I know that our biggest need is SP at this point, but when you have the opportunity to improve your offense...you have to at least investigate the possibility. If they are willing to do it for a RP or a lower level prospect...DO IT!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    The Braves are in talks with Arizona for Justin Upton. The D'Backs are interested in trading either Upton or Jason Kubel and "would like to make a decision by Friday" (according to mlbtraderumors.com). Also posted on mlbtraderumors.com was a story about the Orioles being in talks with Arizona for Kubel, stating that the price for the left handed hitting OF has dropped. If I am Chris Antonetti, I am on the phone with Arizona seeing just what that price would be. IMO, Kubel is a much better alternative than either Thome (regardless of our attachment to him) or Hafner...or any other DH candidate out there for that matter. If you add Kubel, you provide yourself with an ability to use him as a DH, an OF, allow Swisher to DH here and there, DH Reynolds and have Swisher play 1B, DH Santana while still having Reynolds, Swisher, and Kubel in the line-up.

I know that our biggest need is SP at this point, but when you have the opportunity to improve your offense...you have to at least investigate the possibility. If they are willing to do it for a RP or a lower level prospect...DO IT!!!
    The "decision by Friday" part of the never ending Justin Upton saga rings a rather foul tone, imho. The DBax have been shopping him for over a year now (if you include the 2012 Hot Stove Season)..and, all of a sudden, Kevin Towers wants to make a decision by Friday?. Hello??.. tell me this isn't directly from the book of "The Art of Negotiation", Chapter Six: Create an Artificial Deadline.. So, if it's either Kubel or Upton why can't it be both?. OR Why can't it be neither?.. There are two trades being discussed. One with the Braves for Justin Upton with the noted motivation of reuniting the Upton Brother (sniffle...). Dontcha just love a family reunion story?... The other a "goods for goods" deal with the Orioles:

Braves get Justin Upton
    DBax get Julio Teheran, JR Graham, Nick Ahmed & Evan Gattis: Two M.O.R./F.O.R. SP (Graham is a stud) along with a current SS (who will be moved to 2B) and a throw in older guy. If I were the DBax, the inclusion of Gattis would be a pass.. He's allergic to leather and is beyond prospect status. The DBax may want to include one of Bethancourt or Salcedo instead..

Orioles get: Jason Kubel
    DBax get: One of Mike Matusz or Steve Johnson & Jonathan Schoop. Good trade both ways. The Orioles get a solid DH in Kubel that can play one of a couple of defensive positions poorly and a prospect that can play either SS or 2B, hit for some power and is clearly improving his status as a young ML'er.

Can the Indians match the deal for Kubel? Possibly.. Would Corey Kluber and Cord Phelps do it?.. Maybe Cody Allen and Phelps?.. THoughts?

I have a caught or fought for a total of 14 foul balls over the years and have kept two of them. The rest I have given away.. BTW.. next time someone gives you a sob story that tugs at your heart strings, reach into your wallet, use a crowbar to open it, clear the dust and cobwebs and give the guy $ 14.00 plus tax, for the souvenier price of a ML baseball.. Cheapo.. .lol..

Edit: Apparently, the deadline that has been given is real. Kevin Towers is allegedly going on vacation starting Friday, January 25th according to Jon Heyman: "...Towers going on vacation to Africa on Friday..." Well, I guess any excuse will work in this case..
    Last edited by GeronimoSon; 01-24-2013 at 09:24 AM.

vCash
    9:12am: The Braves get Upton and Chris Johnson for Martin Prado, Randall Delgado, Nick Ahmed and Zeke Spruill, Mark Bowman of MLB.com reports (on Twitter).
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#33S54YLA5bvuCATj.99

Put a deadline on something that someone apperantly wants badly and in the end it will get done. Nice haul for Zona except I thought they were really interested in Teheran. Delgado will be a good Pitcher though I believe.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#33S54YLA5bvuCATj.99

Put a deadline on something that someone apperantly wants badly and in the end it will bet done. Nice haul for Zona except I thought they were really interested in Teheran. Delgado will be a good Pitcher though I believe.
    IDK.. It's certainly a nice group of players, however, I liked Graham over both Delgado and Teheran as the key piece/SP in this deal but not as much w/r to Spruil, who could be no better than an okay prospect.. Prado as part of this deal is huge. He is going to become the DBax version of Ben Zobrist.. Nice piece for any club to have. .. Ahmed as the sort of throw in.. is a nice addition. He's a gamer who has gets more out of his talent than most..

The inclusion of Chris Johnson going to the BRAVES is interesting. He's a solid 3B, but I wonder what that means to Juan Francisco?. Could be depth.. could be more to come..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoSon View Post
    IDK.. It's certainly a nice group of players, however, I liked Graham over both Delgado and Teheran as the key piece/SP in this deal but not as much w/r to Spruil, who could be no better than an okay prospect.. Prado as part of this deal is huge. He is going to become the DBax version of Ben Zobrist.. Nice piece for any club to have. .. Ahmed as the sort of throw in.. is a nice addition. He's a gamer who has gets more out of his talent than most..

The inclusion of Chris Johnson going to the BRAVES is interesting. He's a solid 3B, but I wonder what that means to Juan Francisco?. Could be depth.. could be more to come..
    From what I have read it is saying Johnson will most likely be the everyday starter at 3B.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    Does anyone know when the Indians are going to release the starting game times for their home games? I am trying to book a trip to watch a game in Cleveland and most home games are still listed as TBD.

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    almost all weekday games are 7:05 starts, travel day games are sometimes 1:05 (certain education day games are 12:05...during the school year). Weekend games are a crapshoot, Sunday games are almost always 1:05 or 4:05 (unless we get the Sunday night game...which could happen a couple times this year with our additions).

The Jake is a great place to take in a game....enjoy!

vCash
    Ok...the forum seems to have died, so.......here goes

The Dolans are cheap!...lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacco111 View Post
    If dropping 80-90mm on a team a season is not spending any money, then I want to hang with you Mr. High Roller.
    2008- 78mil
    2009- 80mil
    2010- 61mil
    2011- 49mil
    2012- 78mil
    http://www.stevetheump.com/Payrolls.htm
    I mean, gotta do better then that this is the big leauges.

Lets face it, the team doesn't draw dick. Even when we were winning, we didn't draw dick. We are on the verge of being moved if stuff doesn't turn around. I lived in a small city that kept shrinking in attendance....they lost their minor league baseball and hockey team. If you don't think it can happen to Cleveland...you are nuts.
    you can't suck for years, then win for a month or two and expect everyone to come back. Everyone knew that team was gonna fall apart and umm, it did.

Dolan got this huge "windfall" from selling STO. Compare that number to what everyone else is getting. Face it, Cleveland has to be better than everyone in the draft and trades. We have to pay premiums to get free agents in here because nobody wants to come here now.
    I wouldn't play for Dolan either. I want a team that continues to push every year to win. That has not been cleveland. History proves that.

Be careful what you wish for when you ask the Dolan's to sell. He's a Cleveland and an Indian fan. Someone else might have desires to ship this team to Nashville or Charlotte.
    I mean i seen owners sell teams before and have it written in the contract that they cannot move the team for X amount of years etc... If he's an indians fan i hope he would do that.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    I want Drew Carey to buy the team! LMAO!!
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    2008- 78mil
    2009- 80mil
    2010- 61mil
    2011- 49mil
    2012- 78mil
    http://www.stevetheump.com/Payrolls.htm
    I mean, gotta do better then that this is the big leauges.

I mean i seen owners sell teams before and have it written in the contract that they cannot move the team for X amount of years etc... If he's an indians fan i hope he would do that.
    W L PCT GB Place Attendance
    2012 Cleveland Indians American League 68 94 .420 20.0 1,603,596
    2011 Cleveland Indians American League 80 82 .494 15.0 2 1,840,835
    2010 Cleveland Indians American League 69 93 .426 25.0 4 1,394,812
    2009 Cleveland Indians American League 65 97 .401 21.5 4 1,776,904
    2008 Cleveland Indians American League 81 81 .500 7.5 3 2,182,087
    2007 Cleveland Indians American League 96 66 .593 - 1 2,275,916
    2006 Cleveland Indians American League 78 84 .481 18.0 4 1,997,936
    2005 Cleveland Indians American League 93 69 .574 6.0 2 2,014,220

But even when we had good records in 2005, 2007 and threatened in other years....why have we never broken the bottom 20% in attendance? In 2007....1 game from the WS, ranked 22 out of 30 in attendance. If Dolan is such the tight wad, if he were to sell, why would he potentially lower his sale price by writing in restrictions on what a new owner could do with a team?

Keep bashing him. You may get what you want.

I just put $20 bucks on the Indians to win the world series in Vegas. 80-1 shot. The sports book laughed at my dad when he went to place the bet.

Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast