Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    This is a baseball forum so im talking baseball smart duh! Just a rich guy who wanted to say he owns a baseball team. Really it for him.
    Of course it's easy for us to play fantasy baseball with other people's money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoSon View Post
    Why would the Indians want Coco Crisp?. Has he converted to pitching? The only reason I could see Coco coming to the Indians at this time would be as a salary balancing part of a larger trade. The A's have plenty of OF'ers and plenty more in the minors. So, in spite of their ownership/GM saying "..Coco is this team's mvp..", he could be expendable, but only in that limited regard..

The A's have a group of SP's that could be of interest to the Indians. In no particular order Sonny Gray Brad Peacock Tommy Milone Brett Anderson AJ Griffin Dan Straily Jarrod Parker Nolan Sanburn and Michael Ynoa. There could be a trade with the A's. but it would probably be relatively minor. The A's are not quite as deep as they once were with SP's, but what they have left in their system is petty good. IF anything, a Michael Taylor for David Huff could be a "big deal"...
    Gotta agree with you here Geronimo. Doesn't really make sense for the Tribe to bring back Crisp as another OF'er when they have glaring holes in the rotation still, especially since A's ownership and management seem to love Crisp and everything he did for that team last year where I think it would have be a pretty good package to get him to begin with.

The question I have is Cord Phelps really that bad still. I thought by now especially with Donald and Lillibridge gone that Phelps could be one of the utility guys for this team but it seems with the signing of Raburn as well as the trade for Aviles they still don't feel that way about him. I understand his defense isn't the greatest and that he is limited in his positions ie only being able to play 3rd, 2nd and SS compared to the other two that can play OF positions as well (Apperantly Terry said at TribeFest that Aviles would possibly play some of the Corner OF positions this year at times) but I thought his bat would have allowed him to at least be inconsideration by this point. Anyone have any updates on him?

TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Gotta agree with you here Geronimo. Doesn't really make sense for the Tribe to bring back Crisp as another OF'er when they have glaring holes in the rotation still, especially since A's ownership and management seem to love Crisp and everything he did for that team last year where I think it would have be a pretty good package to get him to begin with.

The question I have is Cord Phelps really that bad still. I thought by now especially with Donald and Lillibridge gone that Phelps could be one of the utility guys for this team but it seems with the signing of Raburn as well as the trade for Aviles they still don't feel that way about him. I understand his defense isn't the greatest and that he is limited in his positions ie only being able to play 3rd, 2nd and SS compared to the other two that can play OF positions as well (Apperantly Terry said at TribeFest that Aviles would possibly play some of the Corner OF positions this year at times) but I thought his bat would have allowed him to at least be inconsideration by this point. Anyone have any updates on him?
    The journey to the major leagues for Cord Phelps... has been fraught with hurdle after hurdle.. some outside of his control.. some inside his control.. Phelps rocketed through the Indians minor league system and was the first middle infield prospect promoted to the ML's... Once at the ML level.. he fell on his face.. his defense at 2B was pathetic.. the quirks in his messy swing were exploited and he failed.. I believe, and this is just a theory, that his swing mechanics or quirks are the problem...

When I say quirks, Cord Phelps takes about five movements to get his hands and bat into the ready/hitting position. From the start of his load to the point where the bat starts down the swing plane, five ugly slow, time consuming moves.. For this reason.. his BB% at the ML level.. blows..unless he cleans up his ready/approach at the plate.. he'll never be a ML'er..

Can he play at the ML level?.. At this point, IDK.. but, just a guess.. not with that swing....

vCash
    minor league signing....Ben Francisco. Best years in '08 and '09, hasn't gotten consistent ABs since he left Cleveland as part of the Cliff Lee trade. Spent '12 with Toronto, Houston, and Tampa getting a combined 192 ABs.

Solid signing...if he works out, great option as a 4th OF (giving Zeke realistic competition).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    minor league signing....Ben Francisco. Best years in '08 and '09, hasn't gotten consistent ABs since he left Cleveland as part of the Cliff Lee trade. Spent '12 with Toronto, Houston, and Tampa getting a combined 192 ABs.

Solid signing...if he works out, great option as a 4th OF (giving Zeke realistic competition).
    Yeah I think he actually beats out Zeke and Raburn makes the team too. Nothing major but key depth inclusions and Raburn can be a good bat against LH pitching. Looks like DH by Committee is the way they are going with Aviles, Raburn, BFrank, Marson, McDade, McGuiness all possibly and even Yan Gomes in there too. Should be interesting to see who makes the bench as it appears outside of the DH position the fielding lineup is setup. Now just need one more #4/5 SP to round out the rotation.
    Last edited by ottograham14; 01-22-2013 at 08:03 AM.

vCash
    There were a couple of interesting notes in various sources regarding the status of a couple of players the Indians are counting on for the coming 2013 season..

The first was:

-Carlos Carrasco. Apparently he was at the winter development program and had the chance to throw some for Tito.. Tito described the "sound" of the ball popping into the mitt as music to his ears. It's all about the sound when discussing the return of velocity. While velo is an important step, the part that usually lags is commmand/control. The fact that Carlos Carrasco will not be coddled or restricted in spring training was very good news..

-Lonnie Chisenhall has added around 20 pounds of brute strength to his frame while, according to him, maintaining his flexibility. Perhaps Lonnie has earned the new nick name Lonnie "Chiseled-one"?...

Nick Hagadone has completely recovered from his broken wrist and is coming to camp with the right mental attitude that says he's going to be a professional... Couldn't be a better time for him to step up...

Thoughts?

vCash
    There were a couple of interesting notes in various sources regarding the status of a couple of players the Indians are counting on for the coming 2013 season..

The first was:

-Carlos Carrasco. Apparently he was at the winter development program and had the chance to throw some for Tito.. Tito described the "sound" of the ball popping into the mitt as music to his ears. It's all about the sound when discussing the return of velocity. While velo is an important step, the part that usually lags is commmand/control. The fact that Carlos Carrasco will not be coddled or restricted in spring training was very good news..

-Lonnie Chisenhall has added around 20 pounds of brute strength to his frame while, according to him, maintaining his flexibility. Perhaps Lonnie has earned the new nick name Lonnie "Chiseled-one"?...

Nick Hagadone has completely recovered from his broken wrist and is coming to camp with the right mental attitude that says he's going to be a professional... Couldn't be a better time for him to step up...

Thoughts?
    That's all great news. Would be nice if the season is going well and Carrasco is pitching well to give him like an extended All Star break in the middle so he would be available for the playoffs if it was going that well but I guess like Strasburg you just let him pitch to the limit and deal with the consequences come playoff time if it were to happen. If Chisenhall and Kipnis become the players we all think they can be, the Indians lineup will be legit. If so, I think the Indians wouldn't flinch at adding more salary for a pitcher if we needed one. Looking forward this season getting started.

vCash
    Phillies sign Delmon Young. Ruben Amaro is on record as saying that Young will be the Phillies everyday RF. Oh how the mighty have fallen...from the days of Shane Victorino, Hunter Pence, Raul Ibanez, Jayson Werth...to the days of Delmon Young, Domonic Brown, Ben Revere, and John Mayberry, Jr.

Better hope that their pitching limits the opposition to 3 runs or less, because that offense has taken some MAJOR hits!!! The OF is a question mark to say the least and their infield is OLD and injury prone. Good luck, Charlie!!! Could find the Phillies in the seller category at the deadline, and they have a product that lots of teams will be drooling over....Roy Halladay and Cliff Lee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinLafferty View Post
    That's all great news. Would be nice if the season is going well and Carrasco is pitching well to give him like an extended All Star break in the middle so he would be available for the playoffs if it was going that well but I guess like Strasburg you just let him pitch to the limit and deal with the consequences come playoff time if it were to happen. If Chisenhall and Kipnis become the players we all think they can be, the Indians lineup will be legit. If so, I think the Indians wouldn't flinch at adding more salary for a pitcher if we needed one. Looking forward this season getting started.
    2 things....
    1. Playoffs??????? You're talking about, PLAYOFFS??????? We're just trying to win a GAME and you're talking about PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!! Couldn't resist the Jim Mora press conference!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM

2. How about allowing Carrasco get started slowly...maybe beginning the year in extended spring training to allow him to build his endurance and work on his command/control. This would ultimately work best if the other SP on the roster took control of the top 5 spots, allowing him to work his way in when one of the starters inevitably gets dinged or starts to struggle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacco111 View Post
    Of course it's easy for us to play fantasy baseball with other people's money.
    He's the owner, if your not willing to spend money why are you an owner then?
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    2 things....
    1. Playoffs??????? You're talking about, PLAYOFFS??????? We're just trying to win a GAME and you're talking about PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!! Couldn't resist the Jim Mora press conference!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM

2. How about allowing Carrasco get started slowly...maybe beginning the year in extended spring training to allow him to build his endurance and work on his command/control. This would ultimately work best if the other SP on the roster took control of the top 5 spots, allowing him to work his way in when one of the starters inevitably gets dinged or starts to struggle.
    Carlos Carrasco, when he went down, was a bona fide member of the starting rotation. He has the stuff and was at a point in his career where he should be considered one of the top five starters.. He doesn't need to be held back.. he hasn't struggled.. and hasn't been dinged.. There is no reason to coddle him.. He's good to go. That's good news coming out of our wigwam, where our owner, Mr Dolan is always willing to spend the money..

vCash
    Carlos Carrasco, when he went down, was a bona fide member of the starting rotation. He has the stuff and was at a point in his career where he should be considered one of the top five starters.. He doesn't need to be held back.. he hasn't struggled.. and hasn't been dinged.. There is no reason to coddle him.. He's good to go. That's good news coming out of our wigwam, where our owner, Mr Dolan is always willing to spend the money..
    Nice try....but I'm still done!!!

I was simply saying that if the starting rotation had 5 guys coming out of Spring Training other than Carrasco, that would be a way to extend him later into the season. If he is definitely one of the top 5 guys coming out of camp, he is one of the 5 in the rotation, period.

I was 12 rows behind home plate for a game on June 7, 2011 in which Carrasco went 8 1/3 innings, gave up 3 hits, walked one, and struck out 6 against the Twins. He looked absolutely dominant in that start. That was the first of 5 consecutive starts where he went 8 1/3, 7, 6 1/3, 8, and 7 innings....allowing a total of 4 earned runs (an ERA of 1.02 ).

Hopefully...no complications or setbacks during Spring and we have a potential front end of the rotation pitcher that we didn't have last year without having to make a transaction.

vCash

I was simply saying that if the starting rotation had 5 guys coming out of Spring Training other than Carrasco, that would be a way to extend him later into the season. If he is definitely one of the top 5 guys coming out of camp, he is one of the 5 in the rotation, period.

I was 12 rows behind home plate for a game on June 7, 2011 in which Carrasco went 8 1/3 innings, gave up 3 hits, walked one, and struck out 6 against the Twins. He looked absolutely dominant in that start. That was the first of 5 consecutive starts where he went 8 1/3, 7, 6 1/3, 8, and 7 innings....allowing a total of 4 earned runs (an ERA of 1.02 ).

Hopefully...no complications or setbacks during Spring and we have a potential front end of the rotation pitcher that we didn't have last year without having to make a transaction.
    The comment was directed at Prodigy.. he hasn't taken a bite out of the latest shyte sammich.. but he will.. he can't help himself.. lol..

You go to the game and you get seats behind home plate?. those seats are a terrible place to watch a game.. Unless you were a catcher during your playing days.. you lose perspective on the game on just about every play.. I'd rather be in section 117 along the wall or, in my usual seats just to the left field side of 3rd base along the rail.. keep your eyes open.. foul balls get THERE in a hurry..

Yes.. Carlos Carrasco does have the kind of stuff to be dominating. He may not ever be an ace (the perpetual argument about what is an ace applies here)..but, he's certainly a front of the rotation / # 2 type starter. While this is clearly best case scenario, if the Indians get a healthy / F.O.R. Carlos Carrasco, a steady innings eating tandem pair of horses like Justin Masterson & Zach McAllister, a "return to the first half of 2010" Ubaldo along with a young pup like Trevor Bauer, the Indians have the makings of a pretty decent rotation.. Realistically, that's a lot of things going right to come true.. crazier things have happened in baseball..

vCash

The comment was directed at Prodigy.. he hasn't taken a bite out of the latest shyte sammich.. but he will.. he can't help himself.. lol..

You go to the game and you get seats behind home plate?. those seats are a terrible place to watch a game.. Unless you were a catcher during your playing days.. you lose perspective on the game on just about every play.. I'd rather be in section 117 along the wall or, in my usual seats just to the left field side of 3rd base along the rail.. keep your eyes open.. foul balls get THERE in a hurry..

Yes.. Carlos Carrasco does have the kind of stuff to be dominating. He may not ever be an ace (the perpetual argument about what is an ace applies here)..but, he's certainly a front of the rotation / # 2 type starter. While this is clearly best case scenario, if the Indians get a healthy / F.O.R. Carlos Carrasco, a steady innings eating tandem pair of horses like Justin Masterson & Zach McAllister, a "return to the first half of 2010" Ubaldo along with a young pup like Trevor Bauer, the Indians have the makings of a pretty decent rotation.. Realistically, that's a lot of things going right to come true.. crazier things have happened in baseball..

vCash

You are missing the true #1 on this team though in that scenario, Brett Myers.

Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast