Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    vCash
    not going to respond......noooooooooooooooot gooooooiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnggggggggg tooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Said I was done with your drivel....nottttttttttttttttt goinggggggggggggg to responnnnnnnnndddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DAMMIT.....why did you make it so easy to respond???????????
    NO, putting my foot down, not going to respond. You can't make me continue to make you relevant....not going to do it!!!!!!!!!
    washing my hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    not going to respond......noooooooooooooooot gooooooiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnggggggggg tooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Said I was done with your drivel....nottttttttttttttttt goinggggggggggggg to responnnnnnnnndddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DAMMIT.....why did you make it so easy to respond???????????
    NO, putting my foot down, not going to respond. You can't make me continue to make you relevant....not going to do it!!!!!!!!!
    washing my hands!
    It is the cold and flu season.. washing your hands is a GOOD THING !!...and now that you've lost the argument...

vCash
    I would recommend just moving on gentleman. This isn't 3rd Grade where you have to get the last word. Both of you seem highly informed of the Cleveland Indians and have different opinions. Lets just leave it at that and move on with future discussion.

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    I would recommend just moving on gentleman. This isn't 3rd Grade where you have to get the last word. Both of you seem highly informed of the Cleveland Indians and have different opinions. Lets just leave it at that and move on with future discussion.
    Can we let them continue? This is hilarious.

vCash
    "The Indians announced that they avoided arb with Matt Albers and Justin Masterson. Albers will earn $1.75MM in 2013, MLB.com's Jordan Bastian reports (on Twitter). Masterson will earn $5.6875MM according to Bastian (on Twitter). The Indians and Joe Smith avoided arbitration with a one-year, $3.15MM deal, Bastian reported earlier today (on Twitter). The Indians also avoided arbitration with Lou Marson, Bastian reports (Twitter links). The catcher will earn $1MM on a one-year deal in 2013."

"The Indians avoided arbitration with Chris Perez, his agency, CAA Sports, announced on Twitter. Perez will earn $7.3MM plus bonuses in 2013.
    MLBTR contributor Matt Swartz had projected a $7.2MM salary for the right-hander. The 27-year-old had been arbitration eligible for the third time. He remains under team control through 2014."

This leaves Mike Aviles as the only unsigned Arbitration eligible player on the roster...don't see that being a problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTuzSea View Post
    Can we let them continue? This is hilarious.
    NOOOOOOOOO....I said I was done!!! Otto said so...lol (not a shot at you Otto....was thinking of your earlier post about hijacking the thread when I posted above.....I am done!)

vCash
    Heres Dolans biggest problem, He's not a very smart man. He's stated many times that he will spend once the fans show up. Thats not how it works in small markets. You have to spend money and put a good product on the field first. Indians fans have proven we will sellout every game if there is.

Signing of Swisher is a good start. Can't be the last though. gotta keep getting better anyway possible. I honestly feel the dolans will use the Swisher signing as a reason not to spend big money for the next few years atleast. Like they did with Kerry Wood. hope im wrong.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    Ryan Rayburn signs a minor league deal with the Tribe with an invite to Spring Training. Has played 1B, 2B, 3B, and all 3 OF positions in his career with the Tigers.

If he turns into something...great, if he doesn't...stick him in AAA and let him help the Clippers win another Eastern League title!

vCash
    The Clippers play in the International League.. and not a single team outside the USA is in the league, so it's well named... There was a note on MLB Trade Rumors about Ryan Rayburn It basically said he's a very poor example / comp to Ben Zobrist.. Defensively, he plays everywhere w/ no particular spot that suits him better... Until the beginning of the regular season..where in just last season he finished with a Luis Valbuena-esque .171 season. His worst season as a pro. Does anyone know if he was hampered, hurting at the outset of the season?..IDK. By showing slow starts as he's had over the last couple of seasons, a MiLB contract works..

Rayburns spring trainings in Lakeland are legendary.. Last year.. he was second in hitting for the tigers with a .414 BA and won his spot and Leyland's praise out of ST. He did the same thing the previous year... and that time, with some power.. He has come to spring training and set the game on fire but hasn't been able to carry it over onto the season...

I guess this is one of the advantages to having him sign a minor league contract... It will allow him to continue confidently into the AAA regular season before he would have to earn his promotion. It just might be the wake up call this right handed utility guy needs.. This is a good low risk / good reward signing. Perhaps Rayburn will be "more" focused on getting and staying at the next level.. We'll see...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Heres Dolans biggest problem, He's not a very smart
    He's a million dollar moron. Made a $323mm investment that is worth $410mm. Law degree, owned his own law firm. A real **** for brains.

I wish I wasn't that smart.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacco111 View Post
    Have to agree with you there...I also wish I wasn't that smart...you don't get that freakin rich without having something going on upstairs. Now...if he had said that he wasn't "baseball smart", I would have agreed 100%.

vCash
    Potential trade partner....Oakland Athletics

Oakland has Chris Young (RH), Coco Crisp (SH), Josh Reddick (LH), Seth Smith (LH), and Yoenis Cespedes (RH) in the OF...only 4 can play at a time with one DHing. I don't see any of these guys being ok with consistently being the odd man out. Crisp is the oldest at 33 (also a FA after the season), Reddick is the youngest at 25 (ain't going anywhere...under team control for another 4 seasons), Chris Young was just added this offseason (don't see him being the man moved....but he is a FA after 2013), Smith still has another 2 years of team control (though he is 30), Cespedes....damn how we missed our chance with him last year! So...if we are to deal with Oakland, it looks like it would be for old friend Coco Crisp or Seth Smith. Oakland has some question marks on their roster...SS being a 30 year old Japanese rookie, 2B with Jemile Weeks and/or Scott Sizemore...both unproven, 3B relying on a 27 year old 2nd year player, and RP...everyone can use a little help in this area.

All that said...what would it take to get a veteran like Crisp to Cleveland? I would like his veteran leadership, postseason experience, as well as his versatility in the field, on the basepaths, and at the plate (not to mention that he was a fan favorite when he was here at the beginning of his career). If it is a reasonable cost...would we be interested?

vCash
    Potential trade partner....Oakland Athletics

Oakland has Chris Young (RH), Coco Crisp (SH), Josh Reddick (LH), Seth Smith (LH), and Yoenis Cespedes (RH) in the OF...only 4 can play at a time with one DHing. I don't see any of these guys being ok with consistently being the odd man out. Crisp is the oldest at 33 (also a FA after the season), Reddick is the youngest at 25 (ain't going anywhere...under team control for another 4 seasons), Chris Young was just added this offseason (don't see him being the man moved....but he is a FA after 2013), Smith still has another 2 years of team control (though he is 30), Cespedes....damn how we missed our chance with him last year! So...if we are to deal with Oakland, it looks like it would be for old friend Coco Crisp or Seth Smith. Oakland has some question marks on their roster...SS being a 30 year old Japanese rookie, 2B with Jemile Weeks and/or Scott Sizemore...both unproven, 3B relying on a 27 year old 2nd year player, and RP...everyone can use a little help in this area.

All that said...what would it take to get a veteran like Crisp to Cleveland? I would like his veteran leadership, postseason experience, as well as his versatility in the field, on the basepaths, and at the plate (not to mention that he was a fan favorite when he was here at the beginning of his career). If it is a reasonable cost...would we be interested?
    Why would the Indians want Coco Crisp?. Has he converted to pitching? The only reason I could see Coco coming to the Indians at this time would be as a salary balancing part of a larger trade. The A's have plenty of OF'ers and plenty more in the minors. So, in spite of their ownership/GM saying "..Coco is this team's mvp..", he could be expendable, but only in that limited regard..

The A's have a group of SP's that could be of interest to the Indians. In no particular order Sonny Gray Brad Peacock Tommy Milone Brett Anderson AJ Griffin Dan Straily Jarrod Parker Nolan Sanburn and Michael Ynoa. There could be a trade with the A's. but it would probably be relatively minor. The A's are not quite as deep as they once were with SP's, but what they have left in their system is petty good. IF anything, a Michael Taylor for David Huff could be a "big deal"...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacco111 View Post
    He's a million dollar moron. Made a $323mm investment that is worth $410mm. Law degree, owned his own law firm. A real **** for brains.

This is a baseball forum so im talking baseball smart duh! Just a rich guy who wanted to say he owns a baseball team. Really it for him.

vCash
    you don't get that freakin rich without having something going on upstairs. %.

LMAO! I know a guy who's richer then Dolan and never worked a day in his life. might be dumber then Billy madison.

Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast