Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    I'd let Pronk walk. You can't count on him staying healthy. He injured his back picking up his baby last season.
    I would too, but it's realistic to think the Indians would restructure his deal to keep him. Casual Indians fans still love him so he puts butts in the seats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTuzSea View Post
    I would too, but it's realistic to think the Indians would restructure his deal to keep him. Casual Indians fans still love him so he puts butts in the seats.
    Not only that but his buyout is 2.75 million. They don't have to pick up his 13 mill option but restructure with him to around 3-3.5 million which I think how stingy the FO is would be what they would try doing so they don't have to pay a player 2.75 million to go away. Not really the Executives style. Now if Hafner would take something that low would be the key.

This Guy is Ready!!!

vCash
    I guess its too late now, but does anyone else think Masterson would have made a sick closer?
    OHIO STATE BASKETBALL
    NCAA CHAMPIONS: 1960
    NCAA Runner-Up: 1939, 1961, 1962, 2007
    Final Four: 1939, 1944, 1945, 1946, 1950, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1968, 2007, 2012
    #5 HAVLICEK #11 LUCAS #22 JACKSON #35 BRADDS

vCash
    Predict the offseason.......

Tribe mentioned as "in" on several upgrades throughout the offseason, only to find someone else willing to give a LITTLE more than that Dolans, leaving Tribe fans disappointed!

Until the Dolans do something to change my mind, the Tribe is my least favorite of the Cleveland sports franchises. They have done NOTHING to impress me. Sure, hiring Terry Francona was a good thing...but he doesn't play first base, left field, DH, or start on the mound. Until they take some chances, this will always be an "also ran" franchise. The worst thing that could happen to the Tribe is the Browns and Cavaliers improving...making fans more apt to spend their money to watch them rather than this minor league franchise!

vCash
    interesting interview of Mark Shapiro from fox. I found on Bleacher Report

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/10/24/1...63&feedID=3652

The whole thing is interesting but scroll down to where Shapiro starts talking about the "perception in Cleveland"...and continue reading. I felt this interview gives a great insight into the minds of a President of a small market team.

vCash
    “@hoynsie: #Indians have signed 18-year-old Japanese outfielder Takuya Tsuchida. He's a left-handed hitter with speed. His best positions are CF-2B.”

Smoke 'em if you've got 'em

vCash
    Apparently the Dodgers are shopping Andre Ethier. His salary is a bit too high given he's 31 but perhaps they'd be willing to eat some of it for a better prospect/player.

***Put this in other thread on accident***

vCash
    @hoynsie: #Indians have signed 18-year-old Japanese outfielder Takuya Tsuchida. He's a left-handed hitter with speed. His best positions are CF-2B.
    Finally a big free agent! and smart to sign guys in the positions we're actually solid at. At this point Kipnis and Brantley.

vCash
    I'm tired of these small plays that pretend as big ones. These 3 major sport franchises in Cleveland are utter crap. It would be nice if one of them emerged and at least made the playoffs. But all I keep hearing is that it was someone else's fault and don't worry maybe next year.

vCash
    “@TJZuppe: The #Indians announce they have have acquired INF Mike Aviles and C/INF Yan Gomes from Blue Jays for reliever Esmil Rogers.”

vCash
    “@TJZuppe: Aviles was the starting SS for the Red Sox in 2012. Appeared in 136 games. Hit .250 w/ 13 HR and 60 RBI. (.663 OPS). #Indians”

vCash
    “@TJZuppe: Antonetti feels Gomes has a chance at being on the opening day roster in 2013. Views him primarily as a catcher. #Indians”

Bye bye Lou Marson.

vCash
    “@TJZuppe: Antonetti feels Gomes has a chance at being on the opening day roster in 2013. Views him primarily as a catcher. #Indians”

Bye bye Lou Marson.
    Bye bye Cabrera...why trade for yet another SS? especially a mediocre 31 year old, when we have an all-star who's only 26 and much better.

Francona: "we need 1b, lf, dh"

Indians: "Terry we're excited to let you know we traded for a SS, 2B, and CF"

Indians management didn't listen to Acta, doesn't listen to fans, and won't listen to Francona"
    Last edited by FearTheRoo; 11-03-2012 at 03:40 PM.

vCash
    I don't mind Mike Aviles...he is a veteran that can fill 3 spots more than adequately. I am more questioning why they dealt Esmil Rogers? They got him for nothing....he pitched very well for them, and we trade him for a utility infielder and a back-up catcher/corner infielder? Bullpen arms are always at a premium around the trade deadline...keep him and, if out of contention again, trade him at the deadline for something more than this...and if you are in contention, you don't have to go out and look for another arm. This deal is a head scratcher to me!

vCash
    “@TJZuppe: For those without ESPN Insider, the rest of his column suggests the Tribe should trade Cabrera, Santana, Choo, Perez, Pestano and Masterson.”

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast