Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    If ......Who sounds good to you guys?
    On that list.. Only Kyle Lohse & he's not coming here. His agent is not a fan of Cleveland, but the player may be. IF a trade is made where one of the Indians more expensive players (Masterson, Cabrera and or CPerez) then Kyle Lohse should be considered..

If the Indians find themselves in the middle of Spring Training and one of Masterson, Ubaldo or McAllister go down, then contact with Carl Pavano should be made as a stop gap but, only for a one year deal. Otherwise, the trade market is the only path to acquire the player or players needed to raise the bar...

vCash
    I still want the Indians to take a long look at Marcum but they already said they're tapped out of cash, so most likely what we have is what we're going into the season with.

vCash
    Bedard, Karstens, Marcum, Zambrano, Saunders are really hte only guys i would call
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Bedard, Karstens, Marcum, Zambrano, Saunders are really hte only guys i would call
    I'd take Marcum first but given Zambrano could probably be had with a 1 year deal and a club/mutual option for a second, I think I'd rather take Zambrano. Even with the headaches. Cleveland has been a great place for players to reclaim their value after physical injury. Zambrano could do that with his head case.

Best case scenario: He's one of our best pitchers dominating.

Worst case scenario: He's banned for life after he climbs in the stands and cuts a hole in John Adams drum lol

vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    I'd love Morse in this lineup but at this time I'd still rather take a Starting Pitcher that would be the equilavant to him which would probably be a 3rd or 4th starter at least in my opinion which the Tribe I think still badly need. I do not think the rotation can go into the year depending on Bauer, Carrasco, Huff or Kluber to start the year off let alone the 4 guys that are setup in the rotation right now in Masty, Ubs, Myers and Zach which are all question marks in their own right. I'd rather throw the rotation at DH they are looking at right now and use the trade chips they have to land a SP'er than to use them on Morse. Also Morse is a FA after 2013 so this would be trading prospects again for a one year filler that would probably not be re-signed after the season with still question marks in the starting rotation.
    If the price is right.. (See Dave Cameron's appraisal of Michael Morse's "value" at Fangraphs) and Morse is healthy for the start of and duration of the 2013 season, then, if the Indians are playing well, Morse will no doubt be at least a partially celebrated reason for that.. If not, then he'd be a highly valuable bat to move for a significant prospect at the trading deadline. Perhaps as much as another FOR SP type arm. Baseball is a game of opportunities. The opportunity to acquire a guy like Morse shouldn't be passed if the risk reward for his signing could be either an immediate improvement in the club's fortunes or the future improvement by way of trade for the SP you've indicated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoSon View Post
    If the price is right.. (See Dave Cameron's appraisal of Michael Morse's "value" at Fangraphs) and Morse is healthy for the start of and duration of the 2013 season, then, if the Indians are playing well, Morse will no doubt be at least a partially celebrated reason for that.. If not, then he'd be a highly valuable bat to move for a significant prospect at the trading deadline. Perhaps as much as another FOR SP type arm. Baseball is a game of opportunities. The opportunity to acquire a guy like Morse shouldn't be passed if the risk reward for his signing could be either an immediate improvement in the club's fortunes or the future improvement by way of trade for the SP you've indicated.
    Ok then you guys keep thinking of ways to get Michael Morse on the cheap with apperantly 10 to 11 other teams vying for his services with the limited amount of prospects the team does have as well as the limited amount of LH immediate relief pitching or rotational depth the team has that apperantly is what the Nationals are looking for. Have fun with that.

CAN MY DREAMS BECOME MY REALITY?

vCash
    Ok then you guys keep thinking of ways to get Michael Morse on the cheap with apperantly 10 to 11 other teams vying for his services with the limited amount of prospects the team does have as well as the limited amount of LH immediate relief pitching or rotational depth the team has that apperantly is what the Nationals are looking for. Have fun with that.
    It's the offseason and the only thing going on is bickering about the hall of fame, what else do you expect us to do?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTuzSea View Post
    It's the offseason and the only thing going on is bickering about the hall of fame, what else do you expect us to do?
    Lol, bicker about Kenny Lofton.

vCash
    Indians traded Jeanmar Gomez to the team in western PA for OF Quincy Latimore. Not sure why? We need all the starting pitching we can get, and a AA outfielder isn't going to do anything fo us. Strange, move...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheRoo View Post
    Indians traded Jeanmar Gomez to the team in western PA for OF Quincy Latimore. Not sure why? We need all the starting pitching we can get, and a AA outfielder isn't going to do anything fo us. Strange, move...
    I agree. I don't understand this move either. I thought Jeanmar was solid and worth more than a AA prospect. He had his ups and downs last year but so did everyone.

vCash
    Gomez was DFA'ed last week anyways to make room for Swisher so the fact that he cleared and then we were able to get someone that they can still stick in the minors is actually a plus to me. I am pretty sure Gomez was out of options and the Tribe probably didn't see the need to keep him to compete for one spot with Kluber, Carrasco, Bauer and Huff.

vCash
    Gomez was DFA'ed last week anyways to make room for Swisher so the fact that he cleared and then we were able to get someone that they can still stick in the minors is actually a plus to me. I am pretty sure Gomez was out of options and the Tribe probably didn't see the need to keep him to compete for one spot with Kluber, Carrasco, Bauer and Huff.
    THIS....Gomez was simply out of options.... He's that fringe type player that we just run out of time with.... He deserves the right to go somewhere else and try to prove himself. We were losing him anyways it was just a matter of if we could potentially get a random prospect in return or not.

vCash
    correct me if I'm wrong....but once a player is DFAd, they have 10 days to trade that player before they become a free agent. As others have said, he was out of options...so, to get anything for him is better than just letting him walk.

In looking at Latimore's minor league numbers...he has some pop and RBI potential. He'll be 24 years old next month...could be a 4th OF type down the line, not going to be an all-star, but...who knows, maybe a change of scenery will light a fire under him and take him back to his 2010 season (19 HR and 100 RBI in A ball).

I am surprised that they were able to get anything for him, much less than someone that has driven in 100 runs at ANY level.

vCash
    There's little chance Latimore ever makes the big leagues (reports coming out are saying he couldn't identify a strike zone to save his life) but again, it's better than nothing for Gomez.

vCash
    Latimore is at least semi interesting prospect. I've seen him play a few games but I want to share the best one I've seen him play.

He went 3-4 with a BB. He hit 2 monster HR, 1 was to straight away center (I think it went about 410-420) the other he pulled to LF and simply crushed (I'd say about 440-450). This shows the extreme raw power he has, it was probably the best or 2nd best in the Pirates system (I hear Bell has some serious pop).

His downside was on display for the rest of the game though. He reached based twice more once with a BB and once with a 1B. He was PO once and CS once to remove him from the base paths. In his other PA he struck out taking 3 terrible cuts and pitches well out of the zone. He also had 2 misplays in the field but generally he is ok there.

So that is what you have in Latimore a guy with great power, average speed and defense and pretty much terrible everything else.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast