Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 0007joek View Post
    The payroll is down $20 million from last year. We are spending less, but we are spending money correctly. Take off all the non productive players and you will see what I am talking about. Payroll is around $50 million now compared to$69 million last year.
    Yeah I believe right now how it is constructed that they will be around 61-62 mill for 2013 with Swishers 11 mill added to the 50 mll that they are currently projected at with the Arb Eligible players still to sign which I believe are Joe Smith, Masty, CP, and Ubs as the major ones and then Hafners buyout and the 3.5 mill they sent to Cincy in the Choo trade. So they are still down from last year and could be even lower if they trade ACab or CP for prospects which I don't see them moving ACab anymore but possibly CP if the right package comes along like a Hanrahan deal. Might also keep him unless they think Cody Allen is ready to step into the Pestano role and Pestano the closer role.

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Yeah I believe right now how it is constructed that they will be around 61-62 mill for 2013 with Swishers 11 mill added to the 50 mll that they are currently projected at with the Arb Eligible players still to sign which I believe are Joe Smith, Masty, CP, and Ubs as the major ones and then Hafners buyout and the 3.5 mill they sent to Cincy in the Choo trade. So they are still down from last year and could be even lower if they trade ACab or CP for prospects which I don't see them moving ACab anymore but possibly CP if the right package comes along like a Hanrahan deal. Might also keep him unless they think Cody Allen is ready to step into the Pestano role and Pestano the closer role.
    I was thinking Scott Podsednik might be a good cheap addition to this lineup in the DH/4th OF role. He only got 1 million last year. Hit .302 in 63 games for the Red Sox. Familiar with the AL Central. Adds a little more veteran leadership.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...odsesc01.shtml

vCash
    yeah podsednik would be a solid add.. id like to add marcum on an incentive contrace, i think lohse will be too expensive. i do however wish we could make a play for jason kubel though, add another 25-30hrs to our lineup???

1. 2B-Kipnis... .260-.280, 15-20hr, 30sb
    2. SS-Cabrera... .270, 17-25hr
    3. 1B-Swisher... .260-.280, 25-30hr, 90-100rbi
    4. C-Santana... .250-.270, 25hr, 80-100rbi
    5. RF-Kubel... .260-.270, 25-30hr, 80-90rbi
    6. DH-Reynolds.. .220-.230, 25-35hr, 70-80
    7. LF-Brantley... .290-.300, 10hr, 60rbi
    8. 3B-Chisenhall... .250, 15-20hr
    9. CF-Stubbs... .240 15-20hr, 40SB

that lineup could actually do some serious damage

The start of something great to come in Carolina, bring on the haters!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthers4life View Post
    yeah podsednik would be a solid add.. id like to add marcum on an incentive contrace, i think lohse will be too expensive. i do however wish we could make a play for jason kubel though, add another 25-30hrs to our lineup???

That's a nice lineup, especially Stubbs batting ninth. If he keeps striking out and not getting on base, he's not going to kill us, but if he can get it together in a few games he's got Kipnis/Cabrera/Swisher behind him. I like it.

vCash
    The Indians have "liked" Jason Kubel dating back to his days with the Twins, so Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer figures the Tribe probably discussed Kubel in their previous negotiations with the Diamondbacks this winter. Hoynes doesn't think the Indians should deal Asdrubal Cabrera for Kubel (a reader's suggestion) but he agrees that Cleveland could use Kubel's power.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#MxBHVZGc9jqU91XA.99

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthers4life View Post

Obviously all those numbers are best case scenarios for each player, which some won't reach but I agree adding Kubel to that line up would make it a pretty dangerous line up.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Obviously all those numbers are best case scenarios for each player, which some won't reach but I agree adding Kubel to that line up would make it a pretty dangerous line up.
    Saw your location of "Stuebenville/Alliance, Ohio"...I am an Alliance graduate...small world! How old? Where about do you live in A-Town?

Our system is loaded with young SS prospects, unfortunately, almost all of them are 2+ years away from making a ML impact...otherwise, I would be ok with a Kubel/Cabrera focused package. I would expect a player or two more coming back in that deal (Kubel has less upside and is 3 years older)...but this would have to get AZs attention.

vCash
    Available bats (not Sizemore, Hafner): Shoppach, Delmon Young, Hairston, Thome...

I think Kelly Shoppach might be a nice addition. Can fill in at C and DH.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    Saw your location of "Stuebenville/Alliance, Ohio"...I am an Alliance graduate...small world! How old? Where about do you live in A-Town?

Our system is loaded with young SS prospects, unfortunately, almost all of them are 2+ years away from making a ML impact...otherwise, I would be ok with a Kubel/Cabrera focused package. I would expect a player or two more coming back in that deal (Kubel has less upside and is 3 years older)...but this would have to get AZs attention.
    I live in Steubenville but I went to college at Mount Union. I just graduated in May.

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Tribe 'have had dialogue' with Shaun Marcum

FOX Sports' Jon Paul Morosi reports that the Indians "have had dialogue" with Shaun Marcum.
    Morosi says "it's not clear yet" whether Cleveland's signing of Brett Myers will affect a potential pursuit of Marcum. The Indians have room in their rotation for another addition, but it remains to be seen if they have enough cash to make it happen. Marcum has also drawn interest from the Royals, Twins and Padres.
    rotoworld

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Tribe 'have had dialogue' with Shaun Marcum

rotoworld
    After spending 7 mill on Myers it will be very interesting if they go aggresivly after Marcum still but if they could get him on the cheap then that would be a great pickup and great offseason IMO. Masty, Ubs, Myers, Marcum and McAllister while allowing Bauer to start the year off in Columbus to keep a year while not heavily depending on Carrasco to come back fully. If he is then that is just a plus for the team.

vCash
    I'd like to see the Indians go after Bourne. Don't see it happening since they signed Swisher but that would solve the DH, 1st Base, and OF positions. Use Stubbs as more of a DH/Utility player. And you could switch out Swisher and Reynolds at DH/1st Base. Santana could stay a catcher so we don't have to watch Lou Marson EVER. Although you have Aviles too so it might not be that good of an idea.

vCash
    Indians designated RHP Jeanmar Gomez for assignment.
    Gomez posted an ugly 5.96 ERA and 1.42 WHIP in 90 2/3 innings for the Tribe last season. He's only 24 years old, though, so he should draw some interest on waivers.
    Indians claimed INF/OF Russ Canzler off waivers from the Blue Jays.
    Canzler was designated for assignment by the Indians last month and quickly scooped up by the Blue Jays, but Toronto has now given him back. The 26-year-old batted just .269/.299/.398 in 97 plate appearances last season but he could see action at designated hitter in 2013.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...ll-player-news

Was first surprised when I saw Canzler get assigned but I guess it doesn't matter now. Seems pretty interesting that they would assign Gomez though to me. Can see him easily being picked up just because the small flashes he showed in 2011 and his contract/age.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    After spending 7 mill on Myers it will be very interesting if they go aggresivly after Marcum still but if they could get him on the cheap then that would be a great pickup and great offseason IMO. Masty, Ubs, Myers, Marcum and McAllister while allowing Bauer to start the year off in Columbus to keep a year while not heavily depending on Carrasco to come back fully. If he is then that is just a plus for the team.
    Just a guess at this point, but if you calculate the current players, buy outs, payments going to Cincinnati, arbitration / projected raised, etc., the Indians should be at or around $ 73 MM for payroll right now. Based on the STO sale, the Indians may have just enough to acquire Marcum if he proves to be healthy and wants to play for Francona & the Indians in Cleveland. If any one of the three big trade chips are moved (Masterson, CPerez, Asdrubal) their salary could be possibly available for another future move..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoSon View Post
    Just a guess at this point, but if you calculate the current players, buy outs, payments going to Cincinnati, arbitration / projected raised, etc., the Indians should be at or around $ 73 MM for payroll right now. Based on the STO sale, the Indians may have just enough to acquire Marcum if he proves to be healthy and wants to play for Francona & the Indians in Cleveland. If any one of the three big trade chips are moved (Masterson, CPerez, Asdrubal) their salary could be possibly available for another future move..
    Thats kind of where I was hoping the team would go with the additional salary would be Marcum and then try moving CP and his probably arbitration 7 mill contract for an immediate bat or even a prospect Double AA or higher to then take the money opened up and signing an additional bat. Either way think they need one more bat and another SP just so they are not depending on Bauer or Carrasco that much to begin the year.

Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast