Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Mets Notes: Sizemore, Liriano, Pavano
    By Zach Links [December 20, 2012 at 6:19pm CST]
    Scott Hairston would like to return to the Mets in 2013 but the club also has their eye on another free agent outfielder. Here's more on that and other news out of Queens..

Kevin Burkhardt of SNY (via Twitter) hears that the Mets are very interested in Grady Sizemore. Sizemore missed the entire 2012 season with the Indians and is coming off of microfracture surgery on his right knee.
    The Mets have reached out to the reps of free agent left-hander Francisco Liriano, right-hander Carl Pavano, and many others to replace R.A. Dickey, according to Ken Davidoff of the New York Post (on Twitter). Talks between Liriano and the Twins have reportedly regressed and earlier today we learned that Minnesota is showing intense interest in Rich Harden.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...cQtyvpFdDa8.99

Smoke 'em if you've got 'em

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Mets Notes: Sizemore, Liriano, Pavano
    By Zach Links [December 20, 2012 at 6:19pm CST]
    Scott Hairston would like to return to the Mets in 2013 but the club also has their eye on another free agent outfielder. Here's more on that and other news out of Queens..

Kevin Burkhardt of SNY (via Twitter) hears that the Mets are very interested in Grady Sizemore. Sizemore missed the entire 2012 season with the Indians and is coming off of microfracture surgery on his right knee.
    The Mets have reached out to the reps of free agent left-hander Francisco Liriano, right-hander Carl Pavano, and many others to replace R.A. Dickey, according to Ken Davidoff of the New York Post (on Twitter). Talks between Liriano and the Twins have reportedly regressed and earlier today we learned that Minnesota is showing intense interest in Rich Harden.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...cQtyvpFdDa8.99
    I have no bad will towards Grady. Hopefully he can get healthy and play some kind of baseball. Really loved the way the kid played here when he was healthy.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    we signed scott kazmir to a minor league contract..heres his numbers from winter ball

http://www.mlb.com/milb/stats/stats....pbp&pid=431148

the numbers to look at our his k's and bb's. gave up 1hr in winter ball and his velocity was 90-94 consistantly which is what has really been lacking for him. he has a chance to bounce back and be a solid back of rotation guy but he'll most likely begin the year in columbus. i like the signing

The start of something great to come in Carolina, bring on the haters!

vCash
    a risk/reward type of signing.

If he succeeds...GREAT! If he doesn't, he isn't costing us much. I am not impressed with his winter league stats...4.37 ERA, 1.58 WHIP, .311 opponent average, 5 starts, average of a little over 4 1/2 innings per start.

Keep in mind, this isn't against a roster of MLB players.

I don't mind the signing at all...hopefully they can find a way to get him to return to his glory days with the Rays, but if not, isn't costing us much.

vCash
    Good off-season for the Tribe. I'm impressed with the aggressiveness. Loved the Francona hire, the Choo trade (Bauer pick up), and Swisher deal. I think they still need another SP, and DH but the moves made is certainly more than I expected.

vCash
    “@MLBastian: Top 10 picks are protected under new compensation rules. Indians will not lose 1st-round pick for Swish signing. Will lose 2nd-round pick.”

vCash
    “@Shapanetti: Manny Acta just left us another long voicemail, swearing and screaming "all you got me last year was Kotchman and Damon!"”

vCash
    ummmmm...did I just read that correctly???

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...k-swisher.html

Indians and Swisher agree to contract???

The Dolans have opened their pocketbooks...I am impressed and befuddled! Great to have a Buckeye come home!

vCash
    Pitching options...remaining starters according to MLBtraderumors.com with their ages in ()

Erik Bedard (34)...would have to be cheap
    Dallas Braden (29)
    Aaron Cook (34)
    Freddy Garcia (37)
    Jair Jurrjens (27)...HORRIBLE 2012 season
    Jeff Karstens (30)...intrigues me!
    Kyle Lohse (34) - has always intrigued me
    Derek Lowe (40)...NO
    Shaun Marcum (31)
    Daisuke Matsuzaka (32)
    Kevin Millwood (38)
    Dustin Moseley (31)
    Jamie Moyer (50)...is he REALLY 50?
    Brett Myers (32)
    Roy Oswalt (35)
    Carl Pavano (37)
    Jonathan Sanchez (30)
    Joe Saunders (32)
    Tim Stauffer (31)
    Chien-Ming Wang (33)
    Kip Wells (36)
    Randy Wolf (36)
    Chris Young (34)
    Carlos Zambrano (32)

Give me one solid middle of the rotation type that allows Bauer to go to the back of the rotation (or even stay in AAA for a while)...or two that can battle it out for the 5th spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    Pitching options...remaining starters according to MLBtraderumors.com with their ages in ()

Erik Bedard (34)...would have to be cheap
    Dallas Braden (29)
    Aaron Cook (34)
    Freddy Garcia (37)
    Jair Jurrjens (27)...HORRIBLE 2012 season
    Jeff Karstens (30)...intrigues me!
    Kyle Lohse (34) - has always intrigued me
    Derek Lowe (40)...NO
    Shaun Marcum (31)
    Daisuke Matsuzaka (32)
    Kevin Millwood (38)
    Dustin Moseley (31)
    Jamie Moyer (50)...is he REALLY 50?
    Brett Myers (32)
    Roy Oswalt (35)
    Carl Pavano (37)
    Jonathan Sanchez (30)
    Joe Saunders (32)
    Tim Stauffer (31)
    Chien-Ming Wang (33)
    Kip Wells (36)
    Randy Wolf (36)
    Chris Young (34)
    Carlos Zambrano (32)

Give me one solid middle of the rotation type that allows Bauer to go to the back of the rotation (or even stay in AAA for a while)...or two that can battle it out for the 5th spot.
    Lohse, Marcum, Zambrano would all be nice pickups talent wise. Wouldn't mind Chris Young, Pavano, or others if the price is right.

I am curious as to what else the Indians might do this offseason. Adding another person to the lineup isn't out of the question.

vCash
    1. Brantley LF - L
    2. Kipnis 2B - L
    3. Cabrera SS - S
    4. Swisher RF - S
    5. Santana C - S
    6. Reynolds 1B - R
    7. Chisenhall 3B - L
    8. McGuiness? DH - L
    9. Stubbs CF - R

Really not a bad lineup at all. Love the power potential in the 4-5-6 with some good speed at the top (and bottom with Stubbs getting on base for the top of the order) along with the fact that we actually have some right-handed bats that can hit.

Aviles also will be a good utility player off the bench to sub in at pretty much any position against lefties or when an injury occurs. Plays fantastic defense at SS where Asdrubal is pretty meh too
    Last edited by iAugust; 12-23-2012 at 04:16 PM.

vCash
    @Hoynsie talked about an interesting option to fill out the batting order as well as help the team defensively...

Swisher at 1B, Reynolds at DH, and continue to look for another RF. In looking at available OF...aside from Bourn (can't see that happening), there aren't too many that strike me as being worth going after. This would mean that a trade would be a potential way to get the other OF (Arizona has a surplus right now after signing Ross...Kubel or Upton probably won't be going to Spring Training with them).

This could also be done by going after another 1B and leaving Swisher in RF. Again...not a lot of huge upgrades available at 1B via free agency, but there are a couple of aging vets that could help this club both with production as well as experience....Carlos Lee and Lance Berkman (if healthy) could provide both.

Reynolds and Swisher, while not full-time 1B in their careers, both have fielding percentages of .990 and .994 respectively...so either one isn't that big of a dropoff from Kotchman's .998.

All in all...it is just fun to be able to talk about what the missing pieces are on this team rather than where we are sending our ML talent to rebuild the farm system.

vCash
    Well Pepper, things might be starting to turn around. Love the Swisher signing as I have mentioned previously thoughout the past couple weeks. Best bat left on the market and the Tribe even if by default got him. Seems like Texas or Boston didn't want to give up their first round pick and that is why they didn't match the Tribes offer and it was easier for Cleveland since they were in the Top 10 and only gave up their 2nd.

Guy fills potentially mutliple spots if asked to. Can play RF, 1B and DH all the while bringing another power right/Switch handed bat to the lineup. Still need to another bat to go with him and another SP too but this shows at least that with Francona in tow that they are going to try IMO seeing what they can do in the first half of the seasona and keep it close going into the second half all the while having a consistant vet to go with all these youngsters the next 4 to 5 years depending on if the 5th year gets picked up. I'd like to see Marcum and Carlos Lee now signed and see what this team can do. Hopefully the small signing of Kazmir will help too by at least making the rotation out of ST and letting Bauer start the year at AAA for the first month to save a year on him.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinLafferty View Post
    Lohse, Marcum, Zambrano would all be nice pickups talent wise. Wouldn't mind Chris Young, Pavano, or others if the price is right.

I am curious as to what else the Indians might do this offseason. Adding another person to the lineup isn't out of the question.
    Please not Zambrano. The talent is no where near worth that amount of headache. I'd like Lohse or Marcum for sure, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    ummmmm...did I just read that correctly???

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...k-swisher.html

Indians and Swisher agree to contract???

The Dolans have opened their pocketbooks...I am impressed and befuddled! Great to have a Buckeye come home!
    The payroll is down $20 million from last year. We are spending less, but we are spending money correctly. Take off all the non productive players and you will see what I am talking about. Payroll is around $50 million now compared to$69 million last year.

Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast