Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTuzSea View Post
    Arizona traded him because they're an incredibly ******** organization. Everyone seems to forget they're also shopping Justin Upton for unknown reasons. Kevin Towers is just awful.
    Look at the pitching staff Arizona has plus the kid Corbin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheRoo View Post
    I'm just more worried about 2013. We already needed a LF, now we have a hole at RF. I just can't watch another season of Laporta/Duncun-type players inability to score runs. Not to mention don't we still need a 3B and DH?
    Good points, the FA out there that can easily help with be Ibanez Ross and also looking into Soriano. 3B is Lonny to lose and we do have Reynolds if need be with Aviles to backup.

vCash
    I'm hearing we're looking at Kendry Morales, not sure what we'd give up for him but I think he would be a great fit at DH for us. I actually thought we would trade for him last year when the Angels signed Pujols and appeared to have a logjam of hitters. Since we're probably not gonna get Swisher, Morales would be a nice fallback option to have even though he can't really play the field.

1. Brantley - LF - L
    2. Kipnis - 2B - L
    3. Cabrera - SS - S
    4. Morales - DH - S
    5. Santana - C - S
    6. Reynolds - 1B - R
    7. Chisenhall - 3B - L
    8. ??? - RF
    9. Stubbs - CF - R

Not a bad lineup, I like those 3 power bats right in the middle with Morales>Santana>Reynolds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iAugust View Post
    I'm hearing we're looking at Kendry Morales, not sure what we'd give up for him but I think he would be a great fit at DH for us. I actually thought we would trade for him last year when the Angels signed Pujols and appeared to have a logjam of hitters. Since we're probably not gonna get Swisher, Morales would be a nice fallback option to have even though he can't really play the field.

1. Brantley - LF - L
    2. Kipnis - 2B - L
    3. Cabrera - SS - S
    4. Morales - DH - S
    5. Santana - C - S
    6. Reynolds - 1B - R
    7. Chisenhall - 3B - L
    8. ??? - RF
    9. Stubbs - CF - R

Not a bad lineup, I like those 3 power bats right in the middle with Morales>Santana>Reynolds
    Speaking of the Angels, is there any chance at Trumbo or Bourjos? I'm just trying to look at Outfielders. Someone who can DH and play the outfield would be better than yet another infielder. Even if we still aren't solid at 1B.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheRoo View Post
    Speaking of the Angels, is there any chance at Trumbo or Bourjos? I'm just trying to look at Outfielders. Someone who can DH and play the outfield would be better than yet another infielder. Even if we still aren't solid at 1B.
    Angels have said multiple times that they are not moving Trumbo. Have said they are open to Morales or Bourjos though but would want SP talent in return. They were said to be dangling Bourjos to the NYM's as the centerpiece of a Dickey trade but that fell through due to what Toronto is offering. Also I have heard that they are talking to Tampa now about Morales and trying to get young pitching that is ML ready or already there for him in return.

The only player I could see on the Tribe getting a package back with Morales or Bourjos would be Vinnie Pestano for a bullpen arm for them or Justin Masterson as a 3rd - 4th SP for them. And no they would never trade any of those two guys for Chris Perez. I am really starting to feel that they are stuck with CP this year unless they want a AA prospect in return right now.

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash
    Jim Bowden of ESPN and SiriusXM reports that Edwin Jackson is down to the Rangers and Cubs after the Padres refused to offer him four years and bowed out.
    The Angels and Indians had previously expressed interest in the right-hander, but they're evidently no longer players. The Rangers view Jackson as a backup plan after losing out on Zack Greinke, while the Cubs are looking at him as a backup plan after being outbid for Anibal Sanchez. Jackson shouldn't have trouble getting $50-plus million on a four-year contract.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...ll-player-news

Might have to look at trading somebody to continue to obtain SP'ing as the FA market is just being ridiculous with the overspending of FA starting pitching right now. I can't see them going into the season with just Masty, Ubs, Bauer, McAllister, Carrasco, Gomez and Huff as their options.

Some options out there if they do try the FA route I guess would be:

Shawn Marcum
    Jair Jurrjens
    Carlos Villanueva
    Joe Saunders
    Carl Pavano - yeah I went there

I wouldn't mind Kyle Lohse but I think he will be looking for Edwin Jackson type money too.
    Last edited by ottograham14; 12-19-2012 at 08:42 AM.

vCash
    •Baseball people suggest Trevor Bauer has a better chance of becoming an impact player than Didi Gregorius, Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic writes. The Diamondbacks sent Bauer to the Indians last week in the three-team deal that brought Gregorius to Arizona. As Piecoro explains in detail, however, there were some questions about Bauer's personality and his ability to be a team player.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#5v6sqBfGOS458qom.99

I would hope so. He is a Starting pitcher with 4 ML pitches and was the #3 overall pick only 2 years ago basically.

vCash
    The Indians announced that they designated Russ Canzler for assignment. The move creates roster space for Mark Reynolds, whose one-year deal became official today.

Canzler appeared in 26 games for the Indians this past season. The 26-year-old posted a .269/.299/.398 batting line in 97 MLB plate appearances while playing first base and left field. He spent most of the season at Triple-A, where he posted a .265/.328/.487 batting line with 22 home runs and 36 doubles in 539 plate appearances.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/clevel...CXKSlUbrICG.99

This is actually surprising. I would have imagined they would obtain Canzler as he didn't do awful in September when getting everday at bats. They might like McGuiness that much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 0007joek View Post
    Look at the pitching staff Arizona has plus the kid Corbin.
    That's still not excuse for trading a top-level pitching prospect for a sack of potatoes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...ll-player-news

Might have to look at trading somebody to continue to obtain SP'ing as the FA market is just being ridiculous with the overspending of FA starting pitching right now. I can't see them going into the season with just Masty, Ubs, Bauer, McAllister, Carrasco, Gomez and Huff as their options.

Some options out there if they do try the FA route I guess would be:

Shawn Marcum
    Jair Jurrjens
    Carlos Villanueva
    Joe Saunders
    Carl Pavano - yeah I went there

I wouldn't mind Kyle Lohse but I think he will be looking for Edwin Jackson type money too.
    Jair Jurrjens if healthy is worth a shot.

vCash
    not that I was too excited about him, but Kendrys Morales is now a Mariner after being traded for Jason Vargas today. This may take Seattle out of the running for other bats that the Tribe has their eyes on, which is good.

vCash
    @Ken_Rosenthal

Sources: #Indians in talks with EJax as well as Swisher. Probably cannot sign both. #Cubs also strong on EJax. Should get at least 4 years.
    Think I would rather have Jackson than Swisher honestly. Pitching is much more of a need for this team than hitting and Jackson would easily be our best SP. Jackson also 3 years younger than Swish which makes it easier to give him 4 years. Probably will be looking for similar $ to Swisher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iAugust View Post
    @Ken_Rosenthal

Think I would rather have Jackson than Swisher honestly. Pitching is much more of a need for this team than hitting and Jackson would easily be our best SP. Jackson also 3 years younger than Swish which makes it easier to give him 4 years. Probably will be looking for similar $ to Swisher.
    10:03pm: Bowden reports (on Twitter) that the Cubs are now the front-runner for Jackson. He says a four-year deal worth approximately $52MM is in the ballpark.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#vjF02fG63WeeCrLY.99
    Don't see the Tribe offering more than the Cubs.

vCash
    Mark Feinsand of The New York Daily News reports (on Twitter) that Swisher has two offers on the table with three or four other clubs interested as well. Teams do not appear to be hesitant to surrender the draft pick, he says.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#YcA9EjIXQyDjiH2W.99
    Swisher seems more realistic than Edwin.

vCash
    We'll probably miss out on both. Jackson to Cubs and Swisher to Rangers

Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast