Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 726
  1. #226
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    708
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    I'd imagine right now that Canzler would be the DH after the finish he had. Plus Reynolds would probably be 5th or 6th in that lineup IMO. I would not mind a Masty, Bauer, Ubs, McAllister and Corbin rotation next year.
    True Canzler seems like a good bet for DH or the kid we just picked up from Texas in the Rule 5 draft since he has to be on the major league roster.

    Also Carrasco will be in the rotation next year

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    9,784
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by iAugust View Post
    True Canzler seems like a good bet for DH or the kid we just picked up from Texas in the Rule 5 draft since he has to be on the major league roster.

    Also Carrasco will be in the rotation next year
    I still question Carlos but I would love to see him make the rotation out of camp.

    I am up in the air about McGuinees which I believe is his name. Sounds like he is a bench player that will probably make the 25 out of ST just to stick with the club. Like the waiver pickup of McDade too which I believe is his name from Toronto but he still has options left. I think Canzler is a better hitter though right now than McGuinees from what I have read and seen in stats.

    This Guy is Ready!!!

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    708
    vCash
    1500
    Carrasco will be in the rotation to start the year 100% as long as he's healthy. Leaving him out is just giving up on the Cliff Lee trade already and admitting we traded him for nothing, no way the FO does that.

    Besides Carrasco showed some flashes in the year that he pitched and it was just TJ Surgery, a lot of pitchers actually come back stronger after that. No doubt he's in the rotation to start the year.

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    9,784
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by iAugust View Post
    Carrasco will be in the rotation to start the year 100% as long as he's healthy. Leaving him out is just giving up on the Cliff Lee trade already and admitting we traded him for nothing, no way the FO does that.

    Besides Carrasco showed some flashes in the year that he pitched and it was just TJ Surgery, a lot of pitchers actually come back stronger after that. No doubt he's in the rotation to start the year.
    So what are you saying about Lou Marson and Jason Donald then? Don't ever talk badly about the Tribe's bench players. sarc/

    This Guy is Ready!!!

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    708
    vCash
    1500
    @Ken_Rosenthal

    Three-team trade, per source, will look like this: Choo, Jason Donald to #Reds, Gregorius to #Diamondbacks, Stubbs, AZ pitcher to #Indians.

    @Ken_Rosenthal

    Corbin, Skaggs and Bauer were among #Diamondbacks pitchers who were in play. #Indians would get one in this deal; Skaggs unlikely.



    Would love Bauer + Stubbs for Choo + Donald. Better not just be Corbin though

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ollantaytambo
    Posts
    13,217
    vCash
    1500
    Looks like Indians would also get Stubbs who batted .213 last season. Sweeeet!


    Smoke 'em if you've got 'em

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    692
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by iAugust View Post
    Let's say best case scenario we net Skaggs and Stubbs in the Choo deal and then sign Nick Swisher.

    1. Kipnis - 2B
    2. Cabrera - SS
    3. Swisher - RF
    4. Santana - C
    5. Stubbs - CF
    6. Brantley - LF
    7. Reynolds - 1B
    8. Canzler - DH
    9. Chisenhall - 3B

    SP - Masterson
    SP - Ubaldo
    SP - Carrasco
    SP - Skaggs
    SP - Tomlin/McAllister/Huff/Whoever makes it out of ST with the job

    That's not too bad
    Yeah I think Brantley slides up to Leadoff with the year he had last year. I think my lineup would look like this. That way it goes Lefty, Switch, S, S, R, L, R, L, R so later in games with managers who like to match up relievers with righties and lefties will not have a multiple R, R or L, L to match up. Just my opinion though. We need Swisher for that lineup though desperately.

    1. Brantley- LF
    2. Cabrera - SS
    3. Swisher - RF
    4. Santana - C
    5. Reynolds - 1B
    6. Kipnis - 2B
    7. Canzler - DH
    8. Chisenhall - 3B
    9. Stubbs - CF

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    708
    vCash
    1500
    No way our best player bats 6th

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    692
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by iAugust View Post
    No way our best player bats 6th
    Kipnis hit .253 last year..... It may change by the end of the year with Kipnis sliding to the 2 hole and pushing the middle of the order down or switched up depending on how hitters are hitting but Brantley currently is a better hitter than Kipnis.

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    708
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinLafferty View Post
    Kipnis hit .253 last year..... It may change by the end of the year with Kipnis sliding to the 2 hole and pushing the middle of the order down or switched up depending on how hitters are hitting but Brantley currently is a better hitter than Kipnis.
    No he's not. Since Kipnis came into the bigs:

    Kipnis --- .335 OBP, .403 SLG, .143 ISO, .324 wOBA, 107 wRC+
    Brantley - .335 OBP, .394 SLG, .116 ISO, .316 wOBA, 101 wRC+

    And Kipnis is only going to get better

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    692
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by iAugust View Post
    No he's not. Since Kipnis came into the bigs:

    Kipnis --- .335 OBP, .403 SLG, .143 ISO, .324 wOBA, 107 wRC+
    Brantley - .335 OBP, .394 SLG, .116 ISO, .316 wOBA, 101 wRC+

    And Kipnis is only going to get better
    This is a what have you done for me lately league. Last year Brantley was better in BA, OBP, SLG, and WAR. Didn't bother looking up the rest as I assume he's also better there. Assuming Brantley produces at last years production, he should be leading off. Kipnis will eventually be batting two if he plays like expect (or we don't sign Swisher) but he's gonna have to prove it.

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    692
    vCash
    1500
    http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2...ng-choo-trade/

    Assenheimer's article says we'll be getting Skaggs and Bauer..... That would be incredible. I wonder which prospects we'll have to give up to get them. I know Donald is already in the trade but he's already 28 or something not really a prospect any more.

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ollantaytambo
    Posts
    13,217
    vCash
    1500
    Looks like the Tribe just get Stubbs... Where's the rest of this package? Or did Choo chop off Shaponettis hands and leave them with Stubbs!


    Smoke 'em if you've got 'em

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ollantaytambo
    Posts
    13,217
    vCash
    1500
    “@ZackMeisel: Indians will end up with Trevor Bauer, Drew Stubbs and relievers Bryan Shaw and Matt Albers. Will part w/ Choo, Sipp, Lars Anderson.”


    Smoke 'em if you've got 'em

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    708
    vCash
    1500
    Olney reporting we get Bauer, along with Shaw and Albers from DBacks. Like this move a lot

Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •