Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinLafferty View Post
    paul hoynes ‏@hoynsie

#Indians have met with Mark Reynolds' agents, but they're juggling a lot of hitters at the moment.
    Reynolds seems like a fall back option if they cant get Youk to play first. I wouldn't mind either compared to Kotchmans numbers last year. Defensively not the greatest but Reynolds would due at first for the power he would bring in the lineup but then the K's would come as well.

TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

vCash
    JimBowdenESPNxm JIM BOWDEN
    Swisher most likely landing spots are now Phiilies, Mariners and Indians

vCash
    WEDNESDAY, 4:06pm: The Indians are discussing Gordon with the Dodgers, tweets Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports, eyeing him as a potential replacement if they trade shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#vizxR5zSwDVHtrut.99

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    WEDNESDAY, 4:06pm: The Indians are discussing Gordon with the Dodgers, tweets Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports, eyeing him as a potential replacement if they trade shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#vizxR5zSwDVHtrut.99
    It's getting to the point where I think the Indians are in on just about anyone that will listen. I would love Gordon but I have heard that it is going to take a major name to get him as the Dodgers want only top notch talent anywhere they look right now. Doesn't hurt to ask though I assume.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    It's getting to the point where I think the Indians are in on just about anyone that will listen. I would love Gordon but I have heard that it is going to take a major name to get him as the Dodgers want only top notch talent anywhere they look right now. Doesn't hurt to ask though I assume.
    This is standard each season. Lots of rumors and nothing happens. Although, I do think they are trying to acquire FO's.

Gordon, 25 in April, hit .228/.280/.281 in 330 plate appearances this year. He missed significant time due to thumb surgery. Prior to the 2011 season, Baseball America ranked Gordon the 26th best prospect in baseball, citing the potential for four plus tools.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#LxL0lgGiQCr8c5EL.99

vCash
    This is standard each season. Lots of rumors and nothing happens. Although, I do think they are trying to acquire FO's.

Gordon, 25 in April, hit .228/.280/.281 in 330 plate appearances this year. He missed significant time due to thumb surgery. Prior to the 2011 season, Baseball America ranked Gordon the 26th best prospect in baseball, citing the potential for four plus tools.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#LxL0lgGiQCr8c5EL.99
    Yeah but the Tribe are never this involved at least in the past 5 years. Kind of seems like they are putting fliers out there right now to see if they can obtain any FO's and if they can then they might hold on to some trade chips like Choo and try making a run at it but if they cant get any FO to come then will probably trade off most pieces. If they could walk out of this offseason with one of Bauer/Skaggs plus other MLB close to being ready pitching prospects like Martin Perez plus Swisher and Youk then I would call it a decent offseason for at least the Tribe standards. Throw in a #5 rotation guy like Blanton, Marcum or Harden and possibly look for a LF right handed bad in a deal for Choo or CP and the offseason would be very good.

vCash
    Also if they are looking into Gordon doesn't that seem like they think they might have a deal close to being done for ACab. I don't think with Aviles and Diaz possibly ready that they would be showing interest unless they knew ACab was gone. Could be reading too much into it though and they are just gauging interest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Also if they are looking into Gordon doesn't that seem like they think they might have a deal close to being done for ACab. I don't think with Aviles and Diaz possibly ready that they would be showing interest unless they knew ACab was gone. Could be reading too much into it though and they are just gauging interest.
    Seems like a given at this point we trade ACab for pitching. I think Gordon would be nice but I don't mind going to Spring Training with Aviles being the starter there as long as we get Swisher and Youk.....I still have a feeling we get outbid for all of them but we'll see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinLafferty View Post
    Seems like a given at this point we trade ACab for pitching. I think Gordon would be nice but I don't mind going to Spring Training with Aviles being the starter there as long as we get Swisher and Youk.....I still have a feeling we get outbid for all of them but we'll see.
    I have that feeling too but apperantly Francona has been the one pitching everything to most FA's and that is why they are still listening. Its amazing how much credibility Tito has around MLB and I am very happy to see and hear everything he is already trying to do for the ball club even while knowing the limitations he is facing.

I have hear the Tribe have checked in on Stephen Drew as well as a fallback option. Boras agent so that seems ludicrous with what is going on with Choo but whatever.

vCash
    “@JohnSheaHey: Rule out Nick Swisher and others at his level as #SFGiants looking for 1-year fit for LF platoon with Blanco.”

vCash
    Latest On Indians, Rangers, D-Backs Trade Talks
    By Luke Adams [December 5, 2012 at 11:05pm CST]
    Within the last 24 hours, we've heard that the Diamondbacks and Indians are exploring a trade that could send Asdrubal Cabrera to Arizona. The Rangers, Rays, and Royals have also reportedly been in talks on various three- or four- team scenarios involving Arizona and Cleveland, with Texas making a hard push for Justin Upton. We'll track the latest on the discussions right here:

The fourth team in some permutations of the blockbuster is the Mariners, reports Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. One official in the talks sees them as the biggest roadblock, as they're unsure whether to move forward and surrender prospects. A source tells Rosenthal the player the Mariners want most in these talks is Derek Holland of the Rangers. Rosenthal says Rangers GM Jon Daniels is driving the trade, "feverishly trying to land" Upton. In the end, the FOX writer says the four-team blockbuster "appears unlikely to happen."
    Earlier updates:

The people involved in these talks are not optimistic a deal will get done in Nashville, tweets Jon Heyman of CBS Sports. D'Backs GM Kevin Towers said today, "I've had more multi-team talks this year than ever before. In every discussion it seems three or four teams are involved."
    The three-way and four-way talks are at a standstill for now, and it's not clear what the hold-up is, according to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com (Twitter link).
    Jim Bowden of ESPN.com and SiriusXM hears that the Indians are demanding a second pitcher from the D-Backs for Cabrera (Twitter link).
    An official involved in the four-team trade talks tells Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports that things are going "nowhere" at the moment (Twitter link)
    One scenario had Upton going to the Rangers, Cabrera to the D'Backs, and Martin Perez and more to the Indians, tweets Jon Heyman of CBS Sports
    The Indians are pushing for the Diamondbacks to include Tyler Skaggs in a deal for Cabrera, tweets Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports. However, Arizona would prefer to move Trevor Bauer
    Although the Diamondbacks like many of the Rangers' prospects, such as Mike Olt, Leury Garcia, and Cody Buckel, they continue to want Elvis Andrus or Jurickson Profar in return for Upton, tweets Passan. At this point, it seems more likely that the D-Backs would move Upton in a multi-team scenario that nets them Cabrera rather than trading straight-up with the Rangers
    The Rangers are more confident about their chances to land Upton, but acknowledge there's still a long way to go before reaching a deal, says Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (via Twitter). It's not clear how many teams are involved, Rosenthal adds.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...bpYIvs0xSvu.99

vCash
    I'm really hoping the Tribe sign someone significant (like Swisher) but I don't really know why it would matter all that much. And I think maybe other Tribe fans (overall) understand this. As much as I trash the Dolans, to there fairness the playing field is far from equal. I know old news. This makes it difficult for fans to support. Not only do players of all sports not want to sign in Cleveland but if they do you'll have to overpay. So how does that look for the Indians?

vCash
    I'm really hoping the Tribe sign someone significant (like Swisher) but I don't really know why it would matter all that much. And I think maybe other Tribe fans (overall) understand this. As much as I trash the Dolans, to there fairness the playing field is far from equal. I know old news. This makes it difficult for fans to support. Not only do players of all sports not want to sign in Cleveland but if they do you'll have to overpay. So how does that look for the Indians?
    At this point in time I can't really trash the Dolans anymore and I never really have actually. We all know the financial abilitites they have and like other small market teams they will not be able to get out of this unless a salary cap is put in place which will never happen in MLB or they sell the team which doesn't look likely anytime soon. The real culprits are Shap and Ants. Unlike other small market teams that have their usual 2 year window out of every 5 years the Tribe are really lacking that due to the insignificant return the two in charge have gotten from the key players they have traded in the past. Their drafts have been suspect as well, they are getting better since 2009, but still before that time it was really bad and that is why the farm system is now 2-4 years away instead of being ready at this time. Considering the Dolans I always go back to the scene in Moneyball where Pitt is asking the owner for more money to get a winning team and the owner basically calls him out and says no, you know what you came to and knew what you were getting by being here now its up to you to find a way around the financial disadvantages and put a winning team out there a couple years out of so many years. Shap and Ant knew what they were getting into here and know it is up to them to make sure that this team is at least competitive every 2 years out of 5 years and that just has to be the reality of this team. I would like a model like Tampa's but for some reason there just seems like their is something in the water down there with either the young pitching always hitting their peaks, the veteran 1 year players they always sign giving them out of the blue good years (looking at you Kotchman), or just very good managing. Hopefully with Tito they at least will have that 3rd thing down for some time.

vCash
    Nick Swisher Rumors: Thursday
    By Steve Adams [December 6, 2012 at 7:52am CST]
    The latest on Swisher from Wednesday was that the Phillies, Indians and Mariners seemed to be the most logical fits following Baltimore's re-signing of Nate McLouth. Here's what the rumor mill has in store for Swisher today, with the newest updates at the top...

•The Phillies aren't in on Swisher despite a need for outfielders, tweets Scott Miller of CBS Sports.
    •With the Giants out due to financial reasons, the Orioles out because of McLouth and the Red Sox out because of Shane Victorino (barring a trade), Jon Heyman of CBS Sports lists the Indians and Mariners as Swisher's primary suitors (Twitter link).
    •Most teams are looking at Swisher as a fallback option, tweets Jim Bowden of ESPN and MLB Network Radio. The Indians, Mariners, Rangers and Phillies are all being impacted by the decision-making process of Josh Hamilton and Michael Bourn for the time being.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/clevel...rGUIYOehiJZ.99

Its seeming like at the end of the day that Swisher might be stuck with the Tribe. I think if Texas lands Upton then Seattle will get Hamilton and Philly will probably get Bourn leaving them with no need for OF help. I think Swisher might then be stuck with Cleveland as they would probably be willing to give around what they offered Victorino. God it is so nice to see Hafner, Sizemore and Carmona (Hernandez) off the books.

vCash
    Latest On Mike Pelfrey
    By Tim Dierkes [December 5, 2012 at 5:28pm CST]
    Free agent righty Mike Pelfrey is getting a lot of play, tweets Jon Heyman of CBS Sports, with the Mariners, Indians, Twins, and others in the mix. The Pirates were connected to Pelfrey earlier.

Pelfrey, 29 in January, had Tommy John surgery in early May and was non-tendered by the Mets last week.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/clevel...rGUIYOehiJZ.99

Possibly a low end #4 or 5 guy depending on how he comes back from TJS that could be a real low risk high reward signing if he does come back healthy and comes cheaply.

Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast