Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Did the internet go out in New York?

Smoke 'em if you've got 'em

vCash
    Yankees signed Pronk to a one-year deal.

vCash
    Tribe signs Matt Capps to a minor league deal with an invite to Spring Training.

Career 3.52 ERA, has saved as many as 42 games in a season as recently as 2010, career WHIP of 1.19. Only 29 years old...I like this...if he does well, he makes the bullpen stronger and provides another alternative to Chris Perez if the Tribe were to trade him...and, if he plays well and we are out of it at the deadline, could bring a decent prospect or two back in return...win/win IMO.

vCash
    The rumor is that Hafner will wear A-Rods old uniforms. Apparently they're drenched in "awesome juice" and should help him stay healthy for an entire season. The side affect is that he will somehow impregnate Cameron Diaz, and Dr. Phil... But he will belt 70 home runs.

Smoke 'em if you've got 'em

vCash
    The worst run franchise in professional sports in Cleveland is easily the Browns.. Now entering into their 6th 5 year plan since being reborn in 1999 (yeah, do the math), the Browns bring no head coaching experience, a marginal starting QB and a flawed defense to the 2013 season.

Football is a results oriented sport.. Can you say 5-11 again?..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoSon View Post
    The worst run franchise in professional sports in Cleveland is easily the Browns.. Now entering into their 6th 5 year plan since being reborn in 1999 (yeah, do the math), the Browns bring no head coaching experience, a marginal starting QB and a flawed defense to the 2013 season.

Football is a results oriented sport.. Can you say 5-11 again?..
    At least the Browns don't trade away future Hall of Famers and Cy Yound winners for pennies on the dollar...you must not follow the Browns, "no head coaching experience?" Chud's been in the league awhile, this is his first as HC, but he also has been an OC for years and hired an excellent OC in Norv Turner, who was a HC in San Diego, and Ray Horton, an up and coming DC who was interviewed for HC positions by a few teams...of all the teams with openings, the Browns hired the best coaching staff. You can attribute the Browns failures just like the Indians failures to ownership. We have a new owner and the future looks bright, our QB situation may be unresolved, but our defense is pretty solid and we're poised for a breakout, but this discussion belongs in the Browns forum, so I'll stop there, and BTW, stick to baseball, your football analysis is a joke

vCash
    Indians general manager Chris Antonetti said Carlos Carrasco (elbow) will be on an innings limit this season.
    "In Carlos' case," Antonetti said, "we do have to be cognizant of him completing his rehab process and his innings restrictions this year." Though Antonetti didn't specify what the number would be, the club obviously doesn't want to overwork the 25-year-old in his first year back from Tommy John surgery. Carrasco has been given a clean bill of health heading into spring training, though, and will compete for one of the final two spots in the rotation. He holds some intrigue in deeper formats.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...l-player-news/

Is this the right place to post this or is this the 2007 thread. I forget sometimes/sarc. Anyways Gammons said today too that he believes Bauer will start the year at the Farm and the earliest he would be brought up is in August as the Tribe want to take their time with him and not rush him.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    I don't buy that Bauer part at all lol
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    To make room for Travis Hafner in New York, the Yankees DFAd Russ Canzler. Hope he winds up back in Cleveland as I think that he is better than the McGuiness, McDade or Gomes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    To make room for Travis Hafner in New York, the Yankees DFAd Russ Canzler. Hope he winds up back in Cleveland as I think that he is better than the McGuiness, McDade or Gomes.
    lol poor Canzler. What is that, four times this offseason?

11. 02-01-2013, 09:40 PM
    Reason
    Baiting

vCash
    This is what's left (as of yesterday) on the free agent market.

Catchers...no need...between Marson and Gomes, we SHOULD have our back-up C in house...if there is an injury, Barajas provides pop while hitting for a low average
    Rod Barajas (37)
    Chris Snyder (32)
    Matt Treanor (37)

First basemen...nothing much here, Carlos Lee can still hit, but he has ZERO power at this point in his career
    Miguel Cairo (39)
    Jason Giambi (42)
    Aubrey Huff (36)
    Casey Kotchman (30)
    Carlos Lee (37)

Second basemen...Freddy Sanchez wouldn't be bad, but after signing Rayburn and getting Aviles, there isn't a need there.
    Willie Harris (35)
    Orlando Hudson (35)
    Adam Kennedy (37)
    Freddy Sanchez (34)
    Ryan Theriot (33)

Shortstops...naaaaaaaaa
    Jason Bartlett (33)
    Munenori Kawasaki (32)

Third basemen...is Figgins REALLY as bad as he has been since leaving the Angels???
    Miguel Cairo (39)
    Chone Figgins (35)
    Orlando Hudson (35)
    Brandon Inge (36)
    Adam Kennedy (37)
    Scott Rolen (38)

Left fielders...no thanks!
    Bobby Abreu (39)
    Johnny Damon (39)
    Scott Podsednik (37)

Center fielders...don't need him and can't come close to affording him, but Michael Bourn wouldn't look bad with a Chief Wahoo on his sleeve...other than that, Podsednik wouldn't be a terrible NRI type, would be good competition for Zeke and Francisco for the 4th OF spot.
    Michael Bourn (30) - declined qualifying offer
    Scott Podsednik (37)
    Grady Sizemore (30)

Right fielders
    None

Designated hitters...for our purposes, there isn't an upgrade over what we already have in place...but Thome may put a few more rumps in seats for Mr. Dolan.
    Bobby Abreu (39)
    Johnny Damon (39)
    Jim Thome (42)

Starting pitchers...not many options here that I like...all either haven't had success in years or have major injury/conduct concerns. Saunders intrigues me being a lefty, but I am pretty sure he is set to sign in Minnesota.
    Dallas Braden (29)
    Kyle Lohse (34) - declined qualifying offer
    Derek Lowe (40)
    Daisuke Matsuzaka (32)
    Kevin Millwood (38)
    Dustin Moseley (31)
    Jamie Moyer (50)
    Roy Oswalt (35)
    Carl Pavano (37)
    Jonathan Sanchez (30)
    Joe Saunders (32)
    Chien-Ming Wang (33)
    Kip Wells (36)
    Randy Wolf (36)
    Chris Young (34)
    Carlos Zambrano (32)

Closers
    Jose Valverde (35)
    Brian Wilson (31)

Right-handed relievers
    Jeremy Accardo (31)
    Todd Coffey (32)
    Jose Contreras (41)
    Francisco Cordero (38)
    Joey Devine (29)
    Kevin Gregg (35)
    LaTroy Hawkins (38)
    Livan Hernandez (38)
    Jason Isringhausen (40)
    Bobby Jenks (32)
    Kameron Loe (31)
    Mark Lowe (30)
    Brandon Lyon (33)
    Guillermo Mota (39)
    Brad Penny (35)
    Ramon Ramirez (31)
    Jon Rauch (34)
    Francisco Rodriguez (31)
    Kyle Waldrop (27)

Left-handed relievers - best option here, IMO, would be bringing Rafael Perez back (if healthy)...others are either well past their prime or never had a prime.
    Rich Hill (32)
    Will Ohman (35)
    Hideki Okajima (37)
    Rafael Perez (31)
    J.C. Romero (37)

In my opinion, the areas that we should consider are SP, left-handed RP, and either a DH or someone to spell Reynolds and/or Swisher (allowing them to DH from time to time)...but the options are definitely limited!

Looks like, barring a trade, we will probably be heading into Spring Training with what we have...which puts us far ahead of where we have been since 2007. Getting excited, my high school team has started conditioning...ready for some baseball!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandSpider View Post
    At least the Browns don't trade away future Hall of Famers and Cy Yound winners for pennies on the dollar..
    Have the browns had a future hall of famer in the last decade to trade? Also, NFL vs MLB on signings and tradings don't compare.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...l-player-news/

Is this the right place to post this or is this the 2007 thread. I forget sometimes/sarc. Anyways Gammons said today too that he believes Bauer will start the year at the Farm and the earliest he would be brought up is in August as the Tribe want to take their time with him and not rush him.
    I saw that too. But he said they should start Bauer on the farm. The only way it happens is if Masterson and Ubaldo step it up according to Gammons. I'm not sure if it was a prediction or a suggestion.

He seemed more optimistic than most regarding Clevelands team.

15. 02-02-2013, 04:14 PM
    Reason
    Baiting

16. 02-02-2013, 05:13 PM
    Reason
    Response to Baiting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandSpider View Post
    Like my buddy once said, the internet is "the only place in the world where skinny virgin dweebs claim seniority and superior knowledge," and you fit the bill pal, I won't waste my time discussing anything further with you, you're hopeless and a waste of my time
    Couldn't have described you any better myself.

Just because someone vehemently disagrees with you and provides logical reasons as to why you are wrong...you get your granny panties all in a bunch. We have all been wrong in our lives...some of us multiple times, it is ok...happens to the best of us.

Best thing for you to do is simply admit that you have no idea what you are talking about and move on...otherwise, your credibility (or any hope of ever having any) is COMPLETELY lost here on this forum.

vCash
    ...I would love to here you pitch some of your ideas..
    Yeah.. i want you to "here" all the ideas... R.M.E. Keep on dreaming that you have intimate knowledge of the happenings in our wigwam.. it makes for a great number of chuckles... LMAO...

On another note, Serie Caribe Mundial is being shown on ESPN2.. DR v Mexico. While it has been a sloppy, but entertaining game, Jose Ramirez, Indians 2B prospect, is playing for DR and has had a nice night..so far...

Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast