Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Tribe in on everyone...but nothing gets done??? Sound familiar???

As a Tribe fan, I am ready for them to piss or get off the pot already!!!

What it seems to me is that the rest of the free agents are using the Tribe to get more money from a more desirable location. They know that the front office isn't capable of getting them to the Series. Again...until we get someone in the front office that is capable of evaluating talent, drafting to a B grade at worst, and showing fans that they are headed in the right direction...Cleveland will continue to be the market that free agents look to in order to increase their value for other teams who's front office shows a willingness to attempt to compete year in and year out.

Seattle sucks...but at least their front office is given money to spend in order to go after upper echelon talent...they aren't forced to always look to aging veterans that are on the downward side of their careers looking to cash in one last time.

vCash
    D'Backs signed Brandon McCarthy, with a starting rotation now of Kennedy, Miley, Cahill, McCarthy and Bauer/Skaggs/Corbin for next season. Seems that Bauer or Skaggs would be much more available for a trade. Maybe we see something get done now
    Last edited by iAugust; 12-07-2012 at 08:45 PM.

vCash

Year After Years

We here year after year all these names out there, and nothing ever happens, and when it does we get screwed in the deal, or we pick up old over the hill Players, I thought way back when we were told if we build this stadium Free Agents will come, I am still waiting for the first Real one to sign, When will every one get sick of this crap, The Dolans ruin some thing that was great, And give us BS year after YEAR! are you people nuts putting up with this, Time to BOYCOTT PICKETT or Get on the air ways and start complaining NOW!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    Tribe in on everyone...but nothing gets done??? Sound familiar???

As a Tribe fan, I am ready for them to piss or get off the pot already!!!

What it seems to me is that the rest of the free agents are using the Tribe to get more money from a more desirable location. They know that the front office isn't capable of getting them to the Series. Again...until we get someone in the front office that is capable of evaluating talent, drafting to a B grade at worst, and showing fans that they are headed in the right direction...Cleveland will continue to be the market that free agents look to in order to increase their value for other teams who's front office shows a willingness to attempt to compete year in and year out.

Seattle sucks...but at least their front office is given money to spend in order to go after upper echelon talent...they aren't forced to always look to aging veterans that are on the downward side of their careers looking to cash in one last time.
    Yep, same crap every year.

The hold up with Swisher is that he is waiting for Hamilton to sign. He prefers to play for a contender. It sounds like he wants SF, Boston, or Texas. But would probably take the Mariners over the Tribe. So lets face it Swisher won't be signing with the Tribe. No one wants to play for the Tribe.
    The Tribe need to stop pretending like they're only a couple players away. Sell everyone for top tier prospects and continue to march the Columbus Clippers out in Tribe uniforms for another decade. Maybe by that point Bud Selig will be dead and the Dolans will finally sell the team.

vCash
    Deleted thought. Not sure if Francona can make this team any better than Acta. Maybe Chris Perez will be happy because he apparently needs some more consistent manager-closer interaction. If the Tribe aren't real contenders in the division, then I at least want them to do something unique. Like start the most brawls, or do the most back flips even if you're not aerobic... It's not like it wouldn't matter if you broke your collar bone attempting an Ozzie move you'd have another Clipper to fill in.
    Last edited by Arch Stanton; 12-08-2012 at 02:54 AM.

vCash
    Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com (via Twitter) says that it would be at least be a mild surprise if Kevin Youkilis turns down the Yankees' offer. Youkilis is deciding between a two-year, $18MM offer from the Indians and a one-year, $12MM deal from the Bombers.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#VWWF2l3X84biMb5J.99

vCash
    Terry Pluto notes:

About the Tribe ...

Can Carlos Carrasco provide some steady production to the Tribe's pitching rotation in his return from Tommy John surgery?
    Chuck Crow, The Plain Dealer
    1. The $44 million, four-year offer to Shane Victorino was real, just as was Victorino's decision to take $39 million from Boston. The Red Sox lost 93 games like the Tribe last season, but Victorino obviously believes Boston has a far better chance to climb back into contention.
    2. Most players don't want to come to Cleveland, unless they are outrageously overpaid. The Tribe does have some cash to spend and has a decent chance to sign Kevin Youkilis, and perhaps an outside shot at outfielder Nick Swisher. But even if they add one of those players, their biggest problem remains -- starting pitching.
    3. Tribe starters had a 48-76 record and a 5.25 ERA last season -- worst in the American League. Perhaps new manager Terry Francona and pitching coach Mickey Callaway can do something with Ubaldo Jimenez (9-17, 5.40). It wouldn't be a surprise if Justin Masterson (11-15, 4.93) improves. Francona really likes and believes in Masterson from their time in Boston. But the rest of the rotation is what? Zach McAllister (6-8, 4.24), Corey Kluber (2-5, 5.14 and having knee surgery but supposed to be OK by spring training), Carlos Carrasco (coming off elbow surgery) and maybe Jeanmar Gomez (5-8, 5.96) or David Huff (3-1, 3.38)?
    4. That's why they are expected to trade Asdrubal Cabrera. There is very little free starting pitching available, and the price is ridiculously high. Tribe fans know the weaknesses of Cabrera -- gains weight, loses range as short. But he does have some power and trade value to bring in pitching.
    5. The Indians were a bit surprised that Hector Rondon was picked by the Cubs in the Rule 5 draft. He has to be on the major-league roster on opening day, or offered back to the Tribe for $25,000. Rondon was once a top prospect, but has had two arm surgeries. He is throwing well, but it's hard to know if he's ready for big-league duty.
    6. The Indians feared they'd lose Jesus Aguilar -- 15 homers with 71 RBI, batting .283 between Class A and Class AA. He was picked for the 2012 Futures Game, and is a first baseman with some power. But he's clearly not ready for the majors, which is why the Tribe kept him off the 40-man roster.
    7. In the Arizona Fall League, Chris McGuiness hit .370. That's part of the reason the Tribe took the left-handed hitting first baseman from Texas in the Rule 5 draft. He still seems unlikely to make the big-league roster, as he hit .268 (.814 OPS) with 23 homers and 77 RBI in Class AA. But they are adding as many bats as possible.
    8. That's also why they claimed Mike McDade on waivers from Toronto. The Blue Jays have Adam Lind and David Cooper at first base, so they took the 23-year-old switch-hitter off the 40-man roster. McDade batted .285 with 17 homers and 85 RBI between Class AA and Class AAA last season. He has minor-league options left, so he could be the starter at Class AAA Columbus this season. The Indians consider McGuiness more big-league ready than McDade, but McGuiness could end up back with Texas unless he makes the opening-day roster.

vCash
    Jon Heyman says Indians are close to signing Mark Reynolds.... That means Youkilis likely informed them he'll be signing elsewhere.

vCash
    “@TJZuppe: RT @britt_ghiroli: Reynolds has signed with Cleveland. One year deal. First reported by @JonHeymanCBS”

vCash
    @ESPNCleveland: RT @tjzuppe: Reports are 6-million dollar deal for Reynolds (7.5 max w/ incentives) according to @Britt_Ghiroli #Indians

vCash
    I like the signing of Reynolds can get back above 30 HR. Can't complain about a one-year deal either way.

vCash
    Think I'd rather have Reynolds for 6M/yr than Youk at 9. Not a bad signing, finally we have a RH power bat

vCash
    I think stat-wise Reynolds and Youkilis will have similar years with Reynolds hitting more HRs. I just hope he can have half the impact Youkilis would've made on the clubhouse culture/environment.

We still need to sign Swisher and a pitcher (or trade for one). I'm guessing we won't get Swisher though. I would say he don't want to come to Cleveland.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinLafferty View Post
    I think stat-wise Reynolds and Youkilis will have similar years with Reynolds hitting more HRs. I just hope he can have half the impact Youkilis would've made on the clubhouse culture/environment.

We still need to sign Swisher and a pitcher (or trade for one). I'm guessing we won't get Swisher though. I would say he don't want to come to Cleveland.
    I don't think he doesn't want to come to Cleveland, he just sees guys getting salaries like Victorino and Upton and wants to get paid too. He is looking for about 14 to 15 mill a year right now and the Tribe is only offering 12. I would almost guarantee that if the Tribe offered him 4 years at 60 mill like he wants then he would sign that day especially after Upton and Victorino got 13-15 mill a year on their deals and Swisher has consistently had if not the same type of numbers better or close too in most areas. The only thing they have on him is really youth. Can't say a guy doesn't want to come here just because he is trying to get more money.

I think a lot of you underestimate Tito and the respect that he garneshes from a lot of MLB players. You guys complain when they try signing players even if they are just using them for leverage, and you complain when they don't try signing players. You can't have it both ways. Cleveland sport fans will never be happy because they have always thought they were owed something when in reality you are not. The FO doesn't make you go to games or spend money on them. They don't force you to follow them as fans. If you are to the point where all you do is bad mout them because that is all you have left then you might want to move on and go root for a team that spends money every year and gets all the players you want. Its just ridiculous listening to Cleveland fans every year find some new way to complain about something. I don't mind the frustration once in a while but this is starting to sound like the negative thread where no matter what move they make people are going to find a way to bad mouth it. I guess this isn't as bad as Cleveland.com at least. Those comment sections are ridiculous.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iAugust View Post
    Think I'd rather have Reynolds for 6M/yr than Youk at 9. Not a bad signing, finally we have a RH power bat
    Yeah the one year deal was definately better IMO too and its a low cost signing for a guy that if stays healthy and could find a resurgence from only 2 years ago in 2011 could possibly net around 30-35 HR's and 80-100 RBI's. His avg will probably be around .230 and s/o around 150-180 but he brings a power to the lineup that they have not had recently with Hafner being injured every year. Plus like you said he finally brings that power RH bat to the lineup to put in the middle behind CSan to hopefully help him as well. Even if they get 20-25 HR's and around 80 RBI's from him next year that will be better than what most 1B's have given them lately. Now just need to find some pitching through ACab and an OF'er.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast