Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTuzSea View Post
    After Greinke that rotation gets ugly.
    Someone has to start....haha You have to hope that Masterson and Ubaldo put it back together to a respectable level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Why would you have Carmona in the rotation? lmao!!
    I actually went back and edited it to take him out but it didn't change it. We should definitely cut him to save the $$$. Huff, Gomez, or McCallister can do just as well at a much cheaper price.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinLafferty View Post
    Someone has to start....haha You have to hope that Masterson and Ubaldo put it back together to a respectable level.
    Yeah I wasn't faulting you, not a whole lot you can throw in there and hope to not suck lol.

vCash
    the okland A's acquired chris young today from the dbacks.. they gave up a low level prospect with not a lot of upside and cliff pennington to get him.. why didn't antonetti offer up jason donald and a young guy.. i mean young is a 29yr old right handed hitting CFer.. his career avg's are .240 20hr's around 60rbi and 20 steals. he has upside and we certainly could have used him.. one that got away, one day well be the team getting the guy lol

The start of something great to come in Carolina, bring on the haters!

vCash
    I too don't believe that they would
    bring a coach with such an outstanding track
    record just to simply rebuild conservatively.

At least I'd like to think Indians management
    would use this time to do a quick reform.

There is obviously no quick solution in baseball,
    but one would like to think we would see some moves
    towards the idea. How could we waste years of having
    a big name coach, that has proven he knows talent on
    a slow rebuild? I think it would be wise to go after
    some FA. Big name ones.
    Look over at what Detroit did, things went south, or were
    going a little south to the point where they needed a quick
    reform. Very similar market to Cleveland, I understand
    completely different owners, and both with a different agenda(apparently).

Detroit is showing that a beat-up worn down sports city
    can be revamped by some degree by bringing in big name
    free-agents. We should be modeling after them, because
    we are absolutely horrible at playing "small market" tactics
    that teams like the A's, Rays, and even the Twins, and
    the Giants(while yes large market, but owner plays tight)
    have done so well at.

Let's make up our mind at least, if we are going
    to go in the small market tactics, and by this
    I mean almost over-valuing, statistics that were
    created for utilizing players in unique ways while keeping
    it as cheap as possible. Then let's not be pitiful at it. I understand
    that too is not that easy, and at times the process takes some
    fortune, but come on!

It's like the FO evaluates it's players solely on traditional stats,
    and I don't think that works if you want to play the small market
    game. Or does it?

vCash
    maybe my ideas were a bit drastic lol... but with francona in house, i see us as big players for kevin youkilis. everybody is saying he'll get a contract of 1yr 6mil.. i could see us giving 2yr 10mil. He can play 1st base or 3rd if Lonnie got off to a bad start at 3rd.. I still see us trading Chris Perez after all his statements this yr. I could see the Angels giving up Kendry Morales. This would allow them to put Mark Trumbo at DH full time and bolster the back end of their pen. and allow us to get a middle of the order bat. He's a switch hitter. In '09 he hit .309 34hr, 110rbi.. 2010-2011 was hurt, but last season came back hit .273 22hr, 73rbi but in 100 less AB's than he had in '09. hes also only 29yrs old. Hes under team control for 2 more years. So that's 10mil spent this yr which still leaves money for and OF'er and rotation. maybe sign joakim soria on incentive deal to take perez's spot in the pen. possibly ryan ludwick in the OF.. he's projected a 2yr 15mil deal... these are more realistic options. here's our lineup with these acqusitions.

CF-Brantley
    SS-Asdrubal
    RF-Choo
    DH-Morales
    C-Santana
    LF-Ludwick
    2B-Kipnis
    1B-Youkilis
    3B-Chisenhall

That's a very formidable lineup and won't cost a lot of money for the additions.. plus we get away with lefty heavy lol

The start of something great to come in Carolina, bring on the haters!

vCash
    We all know what to expect with the offseason in FA and trades:

1) Make a list of players you think the Indians should go after
    2) Delete said list
    3) Make a backup list of players they could go after if the previous players don't work out
    4) Take someone from the end of said list and add them to the roster
    5) Sign journeymen veterans to minor-league contracts and stash them in AAA or bring them on the roster

It's a simple 5-step plan endorsed by Larry Dolan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tribefan4444 View Post
    We all know what to expect with the offseason in FA and trades:

1) Make a list of players you think the Indians should go after
    2) Delete said list
    3) Make a backup list of players they could go after if the previous players don't work out
    4) Take someone from the end of said list and add them to the roster
    5) Sign journeymen veterans to minor-league contracts and stash them in AAA or bring them on the roster

It's a simple 5-step plan endorsed by Larry Dolan.
    If Dolan were a presidential candidate he'd have a binder full of mediocre free agents.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthers4life View Post
    maybe my ideas were a bit drastic lol... but with francona in house, i see us as big players for kevin youkilis. everybody is saying he'll get a contract of 1yr 6mil.. i could see us giving 2yr 10mil. He can play 1st base or 3rd if Lonnie got off to a bad start at 3rd.. I still see us trading Chris Perez after all his statements this yr. I could see the Angels giving up Kendry Morales. This would allow them to put Mark Trumbo at DH full time and bolster the back end of their pen. and allow us to get a middle of the order bat. He's a switch hitter. In '09 he hit .309 34hr, 110rbi.. 2010-2011 was hurt, but last season came back hit .273 22hr, 73rbi but in 100 less AB's than he had in '09. hes also only 29yrs old. Hes under team control for 2 more years. So that's 10mil spent this yr which still leaves money for and OF'er and rotation. maybe sign joakim soria on incentive deal to take perez's spot in the pen. possibly ryan ludwick in the OF.. he's projected a 2yr 15mil deal... these are more realistic options. here's our lineup with these acqusitions.

CF-Brantley
    SS-Asdrubal
    RF-Choo
    DH-Morales
    C-Santana
    LF-Ludwick
    2B-Kipnis
    1B-Youkilis
    3B-Chisenhall

That's a very formidable lineup and won't cost a lot of money for the additions.. plus we get away with lefty heavy lol

Please god no Kevin Youkilis. He is Travis Hafner 2.0, keep him away from this team.

Morales is actually an interesting fit though. I could see a Perez-Morales deal, I actually thought the Tribe were a good fit before this season when the Angels got Pujols alongside Trumbo but they just kept all 3 on board.

vCash
    Choo, Masterson and Perez (LHP)

for

Vance Worley, Dom Brown, Darin Ruff, Cameron Rupp, Shane Watson , Tyler Cloyd?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillies4life1 View Post
    Choo, Masterson and Perez (LHP)

for

Vance Worley, Dom Brown, Darin Ruff, Cameron Rupp, Shane Watson , Tyler Cloyd?
    Who are these guys? They sound like a bunch of scrubs. Maybe we can swing another Lou Marson from you guys?

vCash
    Honestly On scrub so far is cloyd hes pitched really well for us. Cameron Rupp is a catcher thats moving threw system really fast but plays 1b but we have 2 others catcher higher then him,Vance Worley and Dbrown are both big league guys that do there things and both 24 year old, Darin Ruff is a bigtime Power hitting OF/1b and Shane Watson is a raw 19 year old SP with great upside

vCash
    I'll try playing this game because of the ridiculousness but try keeping it to what possibly could happen.

Sign Kevin Youk for 2 years
    Sign Angel Pagan for 3 years
    Sign Joe Blanton or Shawn Marcum for 2 years

Trade Choo to Yankees for Phil Hughes and prospect so they can replace Swisher who is FA.

Trade Perez for MLB ready corner OF'er. My option is below.

Trade for Lucas Duda who is controlled through 2017 and seems to be on the trade market and is a contract I am sure the exec for the Tribe would love while being able to play LF/RF/1B or DH.

Decline Roberto(Fuasto) option. Re-structure Hafners to around 3mill/1year. Pick up Ubaldo's option.

Arbitration Players:

Re-Sign
    Masterson
    Joe Smith
    Tony Sipp
    Jack Hannahan
    Lou Marson

Let Walk
    Lillibridge
    Raffy Perez - probably would keep Sipp due to non-injury and also salary of arbitration
    Slowey

CF - Pagan
    SS - Cabs
    2B - Kipnis
    C - Santana
    1B - Youk
    DH - Hafner
    LF - Brantley
    RF - Duda
    3B - Chiz

SP:

Masterson
    Hughes
    Blanton/Marcum
    Jimenez
    McAllister

Triple A Call ups if need be: Kluber, Carrasco, Huff and Gomez

Bullpen:

Sipp
    Smith
    Hagadone
    Chen Lee
    Esmil Rogers

Closer:

Like HIMYM says Vinnie Pestano.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillies4life1 View Post
    Honestly On scrub so far is cloyd hes pitched really well for us. Cameron Rupp is a catcher thats moving threw system really fast but plays 1b but we have 2 others catcher higher then him,Vance Worley and Dbrown are both big league guys that do there things and both 24 year old, Darin Ruff is a bigtime Power hitting OF/1b and Shane Watson is a raw 19 year old SP with great upside
    Idk, it seems like the Tribes motto. I'm just tired of watching "what ifs." Plus Phillie really didn't give the Tribe any value in the last trade. A bunch of scrubs for Cliff Lee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    I'll try playing this game because of the ridiculousness but try keeping it to what possibly could happen.

Sign Kevin Youk for 2 years
    Sign Angel Pagan for 3 years
    Sign Joe Blanton or Shawn Marcum for 2 years

Trade Choo to Yankees for Phil Hughes and prospect so they can replace Swisher who is FA.

Trade Perez for MLB ready corner OF'er. My option is below.

Trade for Lucas Duda who is controlled through 2017 and seems to be on the trade market and is a contract I am sure the exec for the Tribe would love while being able to play LF/RF/1B or DH.

Decline Roberto(Fuasto) option. Re-structure Hafners to around 3mill/1year. Pick up Ubaldo's option.

Arbitration Players:

Re-Sign
    Masterson
    Joe Smith
    Tony Sipp
    Jack Hannahan
    Lou Marson

Let Walk
    Lillibridge
    Raffy Perez - probably would keep Sipp due to non-injury and also salary of arbitration
    Slowey

CF - Pagan
    SS - Cabs
    2B - Kipnis
    C - Santana
    1B - Youk
    DH - Hafner
    LF - Brantley
    RF - Duda
    3B - Chiz

SP:

Masterson
    Hughes
    Blanton/Marcum
    Jimenez
    McAllister

Triple A Call ups if need be: Kluber, Carrasco, Huff and Gomez

Bullpen:

Sipp
    Smith
    Hagadone
    Chen Lee
    Esmil Rogers

Closer:

Like HIMYM says Vinnie Pestano.
    I'd let Pronk walk. You can't count on him staying healthy. He injured his back picking up his baby last season.

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast