1. conway: Holy fack is right. Who woulda thunk conway, the king of stink, the master of disaster, the boss of loss, would be on top of the standings and power rankings this late in the year? A stellar draft has filled up the stat columns and propelled one of the fastest starts in recent memory.
2. jsumadchat: Safe draft should only get better when John Wall returns. Bogut may have been his one mistake, but Deron Williams, Tim Duncan, and Marc Gasol have been, as they always have, steady as they come. Getting JaVale McGee off his team was a huge bonus.
3. Saddler the Gr8: Harrison Barnes steadily improving, OJ Mayo breakout candidate of the year, this squad has all the talent. Safe bet to be in the top 3 all year.
4. Wizard: Stealthy pre-trade pick in James Harden has propelled this team to success, but it won't be long before JaVale McGee nails his woman and pisses this teams hopes of a championship down the toilet.
5. koreancabbage: Tons of volume scorers, putting up stats now, but I predict this team will begin to falter in the coming weeks, especially if Anthony Davis' injury woes linger.
6. Bob_at_York: Perhaps the best core in the league in LeBron James and Serge Ibaka has been supported by a stellar group of role players. Jrue Holiday has broken out, Dion Waiters has shown some serious signs, and Ryan Anderson has started out the season proving the doubters wrong.
7. Swoop: A bad week can't push the defending champ too far down the totem pole, but he certainly picked a risky squad on draft night. Wade is injured already, and that could be a lingering issue. If it is, this team will struggle after spending a high pick on the injured Derrick Rose.
8. KidDraco: No superstars but a group of very solid players, with more than half of his roster in the top 70 player rankings. Carmelo Anthony has been the leader of a strong group of players, but does this squad have the star power and grit to pull it off?
9. Mile High Champ: A bit of a hot start here, but this squad needs to show me more to move up the power rankings. Too much suckage for too long to put much stock into this. Expect a blowup real soon.
10. Eagles: Tons of injured players, which could help later in the season. Can he stick around long enough to remain in contention when they come back? With Eric Gordon's mysterious issues, one could imagine a long season for this squad.
11. Gibby: Mysteriously slow start for this perennial contender. Expect him to pick it up shortly, this squad is too talented and its manager too crafty to allow this to continue long-term.
12. Dol-fan: Was showing serious signs before the Lowry injury, and with Kevin Love on the return track, this squad should pick it up in no time. Though the slow starts are worrying, we all know that this squad wins the championship every other year, so luck will do its work as the season progresses.
13. CB: As talented a roster as this is, there are attitude problems all over the court. Monta Ellis, DeMarcus Cousins, Nick Young, and Tyreke Evans all want the ball in their hands. The manager is having trouble dealing with the personalities, and despite submitting an appeal to the league asking for games to be played with 4 balls instead of just 1, the players don't seem to be respecting this rookie manager. The selection of dispassionate Andrew Bynum has not helped club morale.
14. greg: When will this manager learn not to select injury-prone players? Dumbass.