Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 87 1231151 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

PSD Raptors Fans League 2012-2013

New season, new commish, new thread. Link to old thread: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...535754&page=79

Here are some of the last posts/points:

Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan View Post
    Also - is there a setting where we could set up waiver bidding? adds a bit more of a strategic element to the waiver process instead of just a rolling priority list. again, just an idea, if anyone wants to chime in
    If Wise 1 and JJF both decide not to play, and Macedonian already out, we've got some interesting players falling back into the draft...

Durant, Love, Westbrook, Jefferson...possibility that I throw Wade back in as well...
    OK - it is public now.

Idea for everyone to think about - get rid of trade wait time/veto process and allow trades to take effect immediately. Trade veto is terrible and I don't think we ever use it - if people want to be stupid, let them be stupid. It happens all the time in real NBA, why not fake NBA?

vCash
    I'm fine with getting rid of the veto process on trades. I think it's there for public leagues where everyone's a stranger, to prevent one guy from having 2 teams and trading himself all his best players. So not necessary for our league I guess.

The FA bidding idea is interesting, but I've never done it before so I don't know if it works or if its a nightmare.

If Wise 1 is out then we have an uneven amount of players in the league I think? 11?
    So we're gonna need to find at least 1 more...

Also, Bob needs to remove Wise1 from the league on yahoo
    Last edited by conway429; 10-11-2012 at 02:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by conway429 View Post
    I'm fine with getting rid of the veto process on trades. I think it's there for public leagues where everyone's a stranger, to prevent one guy from having 2 teams and trading himself all his best players. So not necessary for our league I guess.

The FA bidding idea is interesting, but I've never done it before so I don't know if it works or if its a nightmare.

If Wise 1 is out then we have an uneven amount of players in the league I think? 11?
    So we're gonna need to find at least 1 more...

Also, Bob needs to remove Wise1 from the league on yahoo
    So we've got 2 on board to get rid of the veto process. I hope that's a go.

The FA bidding, if it works the same as football, is only relevant for players on waivers. So you can grab FAs whenever, but if a player is on waivers, the team with the highest bid (rather than with the highest waiver priority) will be awarded the player at the end of the waiver period.

The only problem with this is that basketball is played all the time, so unlike football where a player might have an epic game and everyone is looking to pick him up, there is no logical 'waiver period' where all players are put on waivers and owners put in their bids.

An interesting idea to circumvent this would be to use continuous waivers, meaning that all players are on waivers all the time and there are fixed days of the week where waiver claims are processed, bids are evaluated, and the winning teams are awarded their player.

I can see some owners being against this. Gibby and myself in particular are very active on the FA market, always picking up players for an extra 3 or an extra couple of assists to give our team an extra boost on Sunday, so this change may make that strategy more difficult to use.

I don't know. It's an interesting idea because it adds an extra layer of strategy and also could increase parity. Talk it up.

vCash
    So we've got 2 on board to get rid of the veto process. I hope that's a go.

The FA bidding, if it works the same as football, is only relevant for players on waivers. So you can grab FAs whenever, but if a player is on waivers, the team with the highest bid (rather than with the highest waiver priority) will be awarded the player at the end of the waiver period.

The only problem with this is that basketball is played all the time, so unlike football where a player might have an epic game and everyone is looking to pick him up, there is no logical 'waiver period' where all players are put on waivers and owners put in their bids.

An interesting idea to circumvent this would be to use continuous waivers, meaning that all players are on waivers all the time and there are fixed days of the week where waiver claims are processed, bids are evaluated, and the winning teams are awarded their player.

I can see some owners being against this. Gibby and myself in particular are very active on the FA market, always picking up players for an extra 3 or an extra couple of assists to give our team an extra boost on Sunday, so this change may make that strategy more difficult to use.

I don't know. It's an interesting idea because it adds an extra layer of strategy and also could increase parity. Talk it up.
    I think we should still have the veto process for precaution. it may not be needed but i rather keep it. I think we all are fair minded people and hopefully we won't veto trades for the sake of preventing a trade.

I dont know how the bidding thing would work. what do we actually bid with? anyways i don't like the sound of it.

i am open to continuous waiver idea. the problem is as you mentioned basketball is played all the time unlike football. so can't we do a waiver wire with a 1 day as the waiting time. that way,
    1. Me and You can still take advantage of being aggressive in FA
    2. but also its also prevents the person with the quickest access to the internet with the player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I agree about making a thread in main forum, i don't think most people know about this forum.
    Will do.

I think we should still have the veto process for precaution. it may not be needed but i rather keep it. I think we all are fair minded people and hopefully we won't veto trades for the sake of preventing a trade.

I dont know how the bidding thing would work. what do we actually bid with? anyways i don't like the sound of it.

i am open to continuous waiver idea. the problem is as you mentioned basketball is played all the time unlike football. so can't we do a waiver wire with a 1 day as the waiting time. that way,
    1. Me and You can still take advantage of being aggressive in FA
    2. but also its also prevents the person with the quickest access to the internet with the player.
    Interesting take on the veto. I just think it's a good idea to get rid of it so that trades can take effect immediately. The only time vetoing trades makes any sense is if there is collusion, not if the trade isn't fair. Collusion only happens in money leagues, so there's no motivation for it in this league. I still vote get rid of it, but obviously we'll need to get some more input before a final decision is made.

For waivers, are you saying we could have waiver claims awarded every day? That makes some sense, so every player is always on waivers but waivers clear every day? I will look into that. Good idea.

vCash
    Will do.

Interesting take on the veto. I just think it's a good idea to get rid of it so that trades can take effect immediately. The only time vetoing trades makes any sense is if there is collusion, not if the trade isn't fair. Collusion only happens in money leagues, so there's no motivation for it in this league. I still vote get rid of it, but obviously we'll need to get some more input before a final decision is made.

For waivers, are you saying we could have waiver claims awarded every day? That makes some sense, so every player is always on waivers but waivers clear every day? I will look into that. Good idea.
    That's what i was saying.

Also I wouldn't object much if the veto was gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Newton52rin View Post
    OMG! you're right!

vCash
    1. Mile High Champ
    2. conway429
    3. greg_ory_2005
    4. Dol-fan
    5. Team of Gr8ness
    6. jsumadchat
    7. Bob at York
    8. Gibby
    9. Brown Mamba
    10. Swoop
    11. swith&wesson
    12. _____________
    13. _____________
    14. _____________

vCash
    I've removed Wise 1. That puts us at 10, S&W should still join.

Maybe we should make a thread in the main forum and see who's interested, and vote on who we want to join?

vCash
    I've removed Wise 1. That puts us at 10, S&W should still join.

Maybe we should make a thread in the main forum and see who's interested, and vote on who we want to join?
    I agree about making a thread in main forum, i don't think most people know about this forum.

vCash
    I had no idea until like 3 minutes ago lol. I never scrolled all the way down the forum page before

vCash
    Also Is it possible for the draft date to be changed to before the 24th? I will be leaving the country on the 24th.

vCash
    I like Sundays for a draft. Would Sunday the 21st work for everyone?

vCash
    I like Sundays for a draft. Would Sunday the 21st work for everyone?
    I am fine with Sunday. Or any weekday evening as long its before the 24th.

vCash
    Football sundays???:|:|:|:|

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

Page 1 of 87 1231151 ... LastLast