• Utah Utes

1 4.35%
  • Washington Huskies

0 0%
  • Washington State Cougars

0 0%
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Our perimeter defense sucks so far and we are still ugly on Offense no post play just throw up 3's.

I am about ready to jump on the fire Romar band wagon i am sick of this, Upset by Albany and i don't want to hear nothing about talent Romar is just a horrible coach when it comes to X's and O's.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 11-13-2012 at 11:46 PM.

vCash
    The 3 North Carolina tranfers suck- Wear sisters and Larry Drews son

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    Its hard to be good consistently if you don't recruit very well.
    True. I have no expectations for USC basketball though so if they're even okay that'd be a bonus for me.

vCash
    Ducks got a commit from in-state prospect AJ Lapray. He's got good height and can stroke from deep, but needs to put on weight to defend at the next level. Seems like a good fit for what Altman wants out of his guards, and it also allows Altman to slowly re-establish Oregon's stature among Oregonian recruits. Oregon was devastated by Ernie Kent's inability to appeal to in-state recruits, and ultimately that led to his downfall in my opinion.

Also, Oregon State playing Alabama on ESPN right now. Good game so far.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Jordan Adams the only 4* out of the players UCLA recruited in 2012, is the best player on the team so far avg over 20ppg off the bench

vCash
    Darin Johnson and Nigel Williams-Goss 4* recruits according to scout both signed there LOI now Romar has just got to close out with Gordon but Kentucky is involved.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 11-16-2012 at 03:13 PM.

vCash

The 2012-2013 Pac-12 Basketball Thread

Shabazz has been reinstated! Wooo
    Bring back MacDime

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Caroline View Post

vCash
    How the hell does Muhammed get reinstated, but Parea and Jurkin are still out for IU? Come on NCAA.

But good for UCLA fans.

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theriot2 View Post
    How the hell does Muhammed get reinstated, but Parea and Jurkin are still out for IU? Come on NCAA.

But good for UCLA fans.
    Trying to figure out what the rationale the NCAA uses in decision making is impossible. It's stupid.
    Bring back MacDime

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    Darin Johnson and Nigel Williams-Goss 4* recruits according to scout both signed there LOI now Romar has just got to close out with Gordon but Kentucky is involved.
    I've heard that Kentucky and Arizona have passed UW. Oregon is out of the running also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Caroline View Post
    Good news for the Pac-12. We need the Pac-12 to repair its image by having top teams like Arizona and UCLA, and this will help get more teams to the tourney. Colorado beating Baylor today was also very nice for the conference, and OSU also beat Purdue after narrowly losing to Alabama. I don't know if Purdue is any good, but its nice to see the Pac-12 beating power conference teams.

Also, Oregon plays Vanderbilt tonight! Vandy has lost a lot from last year's team, but this is still a big test. Hopefully Artis can play under control, and Singler becomes more of a factor tonight. Arsalan Kazemi was also declared eligible and should be available tonight. Oregon needs to not let Vandy get a bunch of open 3's like we have in our previous two games, and it is paramount that we don't allow them to get many offensive rebounds. Having Kazemi available should help our rebounding immensely, but I'm not sure how much he will play tonight. Unfortunately, I'll have to watch a recording of it later tonight, but I'm pretty stoked about the game.

Go Ducks!

vCash
    Big game vs Georgetown tonight, the bench 5 for UCLA can start for alot of schools
    Jordan Adams avg 20ppg
    Tyler Lamb top 30 player coming out of hs 2010
    Norman Powell 13ppg
    Tony Parker 5 star center from 2012
    Josh Smith 7ppg 5 rpg in 14 mins

vCash
    Oregon plays UNLV in Vegas on Friday. We are 4-0, but I don't get the feeling that we are ready to compete with a team like UNLV. Too many mistakes, and UNLV will feast off of that in the transition game. Oregon has a lot of talent, but the chemistry and rotations are still coming together. I'll add that Arsalan Kazemi is the real deal though. He won't be a big-time scorer, but he is the perfect point-forward for Altman's offense. Kazemi has terrific handles for a big, and may be the best passer on the team. Kazemi is all about hustle as well, and he's already paying dividends in the rebounding game.

With all of the young talent blending with the experienced players, I see a team that may be a NCAA Tournament team. Oregon really needs to find a quality win in non-conference so that we don't have to rely on the Pac-12 to give us quality wins. My hope is that Oregon wins at least one game in this holiday tournament, but I won't be shocked if they lose each game. UNLV, Cincinnati, and Iowa State are all established programs that have won recently, and this will be a huge challenge for Oregon.

Oregon added 6 foot 9 Chritian Felicio of Brazil to this year's recruiting class. He's played international ball and even matched up against Anthony Bennett in last year's Nike Hoop Summit (I think that's the tourney), and ended up having 6 points and 9 rebounds. He's very raw offensively, but his upside is tremendous. He's gotten some talk in NBA draft circles as a potential draftee down the line from international ranks. This could be a huge coup in recruiting, and it will be fun to see how he develops at Oregon.

vCash
    Also, if I had to make a projection for the top 3 teams in the Pac-12, then I'd go with this:
    1. Arizona Wildcats - Lyons is a stud and Cats fans probably don't even remember Josiah Turner.
    2. Colorado Buffaloes - Tad Boyle is a damn good coach, and he has talent. They may have the best home court advantage in the Pac-12 as well.
    3. UCLA Bruins - They lost to Georgetown, but they clearly have talent. UCLA could definitely win the conference, but I'm not buying in just yet.

vCash
    --- Aaron Gordon's mother Shelly Davis Gordon, is from the Seattle area and his father Ed Gordon grew up in Los Angeles and is a long-time friend of Lorenzo Romar. Davis Gordon spoke highly of the Washington coach in a Mercury News story about the 6-8 forward who is considering UW, Arizona and Kentucky. Davis Gordon said: "We have a long relationship with Lorenzo. He has been a guardian angel to our kids. Washington doesn't quite have the national reputation of the other schools, so Aaron would probably be called upon to do a lot there. And he doesn't shy away from that."
    http://seattletimes.com/html/huskyme..._husky_el.html

Latest on Gordon.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 11-21-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast