Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
Cal State Fullerton could very well beat Washington on Sunday, I'm a Fullerton fan and they can score like nobody's business

As for USC, they came out flat vs. SDSU last sunday but made it very fun in the 2nd half, having the lead 4/5 times, it's clear this is a better squad than last year's debacle, although blind man could see that
USC was devastated by injuries last season, so I'm not that surprised that they are much more competitive this season.

Oregon beat UT San Antonio tonight. Our defense was laughable, but the offense shot over 60% on the night. Artis had what you could call a "quiet" 16 points, and Arsalan Kazemi was just unbelievable. He's definitely a better player than Olu Ashaolu was last season, and should get better as he acclimates to the new team. The Ducks really need to cut down on the turnovers, but with so much youth it is not that surprising that Oregon is making these mistakes. I also think that this team has too much of a tendency to shut it down or not go for the jugular when they are playing inferior competition. Altman has been angry about it all season, and hopefully it doesn't bite us in the *** in one of our cupcake non-conference games.

On the bright side, if Oregon can win out in non-conference, they should be ranked going into conference play. Oregon is right around 30 right now, and the only major division 1 team left in non-conference is Nebraska at home. They aren't that good, and I'm guessing Matt Knight Arena will be closer to capacity for that game since they are at least a major conference team. I'm not going to be shocked if Oregon drops one that they shouldn't, but it would be pretty awesome to see the Ducks back in the top 25. It really would be a testament to how good of a coach Altman is, and it also shows how promising the young core is.

Hell, EJ Singler has been terrible this season and we were more than competitive in Las Vegas, and are 6-1. Plus, Tony Woods can't play any worse than he did in Vegas either. When young guys like Artis and Dotson can carry the load in key situations this early in the season, it really bodes well for the present and future.