Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    special teams coverage, but it's not much of a weakness we really don't have a glaring weakness if you ask me, but if I had to pick one that would be it.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    He's below average in coverage and he doesn't wrap up when he tackles. He causes turnovers and he is a good player, but I don't agree that he is one of the best safeties in the league. He's a good safety, not a great safety. He is seeking great safety money. Personally, I think Donte Whitner (grossly underrated by our fan base and others) is the best safety on the team and makes far less than Goldson. Whitner is a tackling machine and solid in coverage too. He doesn't cause as many turnovers, but he is much more important than others suggest.
    I agree with this, Whitner is damn good in run support and pretty decent in coverage. Goldson is a great ballhawk, but as you said doesn't wrap up and at times takes really poor angles when going for tackles.

vCash
    Still ST for me.

#TANK

vCash
    IMO we have two major weaknesses, one being our kick coverage and the other being goal line. I think we have missed Jacobs power running and I'll be happy to welcome him back.

Our pass rush is fine IMO, the way that teams are combatting us is to get the ball out quick which obviously isn't working because our linebackers and secondary are sure tacklers. It limits the other teams big plays and makes them have to run and string together long perfectly executed drives to score. The low sack numbers from the last 2 games are very misleading because a 2 yard pass or run for no gain is just as good as a QB hit, pressure, inc pass or sack because it still puts the opponent behind schedule or gets them off the field.

Jim Harbaugh "LOSING IS NOT AN OPTION"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I think Justin Smith and RayMac do just fine
    I was talking about a third OLB to help out our pass rush, not DT. We don't have any depth at OLB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowman53 View Post
    I was talking about a third OLB to help out our pass rush, not DT. We don't have any depth at OLB.
    Haggans is now eligible to play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Haggans is now eligible to play.
    He's probably washed up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowman53 View Post
    He's probably washed up.
    Good enough for depth/short term injury sub which is all we need from him.

49ERS PSD 7 Round Mock Results
    1st Round:Kelvin Benjamin WR FSU
    2nd Round:Trent Murphy OLB Stanford
    2nd Round:Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss
    3rd Round:Keith McGill CB Utah

vCash
    49er weaknesses. Well after a loss it will look a little more exaggerated but here we go.

Meaningful playoff game, quarterback. Otherwise, not really.

Special teams have been bad consistently all year. You can add their 30th coverage unit, their missed and blocked field goals, their lack of decent returns. Their defense is not as opportunistic as last year. Their run defense is not as good as last year. Their coaching is now suspect for occasional lack of preparation (twice in last four weeks).

I think that's about it. Oh. This year, unlike last, when they are down, they quit. Especially offensively. They definitely quit today.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    Vikings and giants showed that if you can neutralize Aldon, the 49er pass defense can be beat. Both teams beat the 49ers in the same way. Rush the ball and got what they wanted in the pass game.

Alex smiths three interceptions didn't help matters. Game plan for Seattle. Don't let Alex hurt the team.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    Special Teams (kickoff/punt coverage) and pass rush. For some reason we just don't put enough pressure on the QB. Last year's NFC Championship game we were all over Eli, and the game was very close decided at the end. This year, no pressure, he just carves us up. With upcoming games against Brees and Brady I certainly hope we find a pass rush. Something that must be addressed in the off-season I'm sure. On the bright side, we are still one of the elite in the league and should go deep into the playoffs. Love how well Crabtree and Williams are playing at WR. Just wish we would get Davis more involved now. Go Niners!

vCash
    Special teams is a big problem this season I think it's weird that we really miss costanzo that much. I think another problem this season though (and I know ill get crap for this) has been play from the qb. Don't get me wrong Alex has been great at times I mean great. But in the games we have loss I don't know what happens to Alex. He misses reads over evaluates and makes poor decisions. He shows y everyone wanted him gone m the first place. It's weird it's like 2 different Alex smiths and this season u don't know which one u will get on game day. I hope he works through it and harbaugh helps him with this mental errors

THE REAL FRANCHISE WARRIORS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayareaboy View Post
    Special teams is a big problem this season I think it's weird that we really miss costanzo that much. I think another problem this season though (and I know ill get crap for this) has been play from the qb. Don't get me wrong Alex has been great at times I mean great. But in the games we have loss I don't know what happens to Alex. He misses reads over evaluates and makes poor decisions. He shows y everyone wanted him gone m the first place. It's weird it's like 2 different Alex smiths and this season u don't know which one u will get on game day. I hope he works through it and harbaugh helps him with this mental errors
    Very good post. I agree completely. I think Smith was absolutely perfect in the season opener. He was just as good in game 2. Then he's stunk it up for 3 of the past 4 games, and that one game was easily his best regular season game of his career.

It is a tale of two Alex's. The one that shows he's taken the next step, and the other where he's inaccurate, dances in the pocket, makes poor decisions, and misses wide open WR's.

vCash
    Tom Brady had a sub-80 QB rating against the Seahawks and the Cardinals. I guess it's just the tale of two Tom's.

vCash
    There isn't any particular weakness like last year with right guard. Boone has been excellent. You could list OLB for lack of depth but I feel Smith and Brooks are arguably one of the best combos in the league at those spots.

If I had to pick though, I'd go with Special teams as well. Seely has his work cut out for him compared to last year on his coverage unit. Also, this team is very dependent on Akers being consistent as the 49ers often win by a small margin. He's been struggling from his left side the past few weeks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast