Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

What would you say the 49ers weak spot is?

I know the 49ers have a LOT of strong points, but what would you say their weak spot is?
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Damn...was going to post a poll with this thread but I clicked submit too soon
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    As of right now I would say our pass rush has been, but I think we're playing a more balanced defense and our pass coverage has been pretty good so hard to tell.

vCash
    Kick coverage in a landslide. They've given up several big returns (kick and punt) including 2 TDs and just as a general rule, they're not getting down there as quickly as they did last year. Granted both "should" have been called back for penalties but in at least the GB game, I don't think the guy blocked in the back would have made the play anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I know the 49ers have a LOT of strong points, but what would you say their weak spot is?
    Coverage unit hasn't looked up to par thus far. Other than that, I think our weakest unit is the secondary...and they are an above average to good unit, which says a lot about how good this team is. I don't agree with those who criticize our pass rush. We aren't getting a ton of sacks, but we rarely rush more than 4 and still get a lot of QBs scrambling around and running outside of the pocket.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Kick coverage in a landslide. They've given up several big returns (kick and punt) including 2 TDs and just as a general rule, they're not getting down there as quickly as they did last year. Granted both "should" have been called back for penalties but in at least the GB game, I don't think the guy blocked in the back would have made the play anyway.
    There were 2 blocks in the back on the GB play...and the one in Dixon's back created the entire thing.

vCash
    So would you guys think the corners are the weak spot? Say, Carlos Rogers?

vCash
    Special teams coverage. Depth at safety and linebacker.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Special teams coverage. Depth at safety and linebacker.
    I completely agree with that. Depth is scary thin on defense

vCash
    I think we could do better than Carlos Rogers and Dashon Goldson for the money that they are paid. Both are good players, but both are overpaid.

vCash
    See thats where I think differently than you do. Goldson is key for this defense. I don't understand how people can say he's not that important. He's one of the better safeties in the league.

vCash
    double post

vCash
    I actually think CB is a strong spot. I think Rogers (while I can't agree or disagree if he's slowed down or not), Culliver and Brown are 3 quality ball players and Cox would be higher than 4th CB on at least 20 teams. The starting safeties are good. Kind of strange though: Whitner has disappointed me and I've been impressed with Goldson. The depth is poor though. Might be better next season with the two young guys having another season under thier belt, but I would MUCH prefer the Niners kept Jones over McBath. McBath doesn't seem to add anything defensively and has not been an impact player on ST as the unit has struggled. Jones was always one of the first guys down there.

vCash
    See thats where I think differently than you do. Goldson is key for this defense. I don't understand how people can say he's not that important. He's one of the better safeties in the league.
    He's below average in coverage and he doesn't wrap up when he tackles. He causes turnovers and he is a good player, but I don't agree that he is one of the best safeties in the league. He's a good safety, not a great safety. He is seeking great safety money. Personally, I think Donte Whitner (grossly underrated by our fan base and others) is the best safety on the team and makes far less than Goldson. Whitner is a tackling machine and solid in coverage too. He doesn't cause as many turnovers, but he is much more important than others suggest.

vCash
    off topic:
    we are well rounded so the only team that scares me is another well rounded team...........someone with enough defense to slow us down and enough offense to score regardless....obviously the Texans fit the bill,, maybe the Steelers but not really

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast