Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Are You Ready Label Us the 'Best Team In The League?'

Today, brothers and sisters in 9er fandom, is a significant day in the recognition of a team's arrival.

Today, our San Francisco 49ers have been raised to the top of every Power Ranking Structure a thorough Internet search could return - including ESPN's.

I imagine, for most of us, such recognition is nothing more than a reflection of what we've already known since last season. A simple affirmation that our team is a legitimate contender.

Still, such a small token gives me great satisfaction in knowing that our team is being recognized around the league as a force to be reckoned with. That after years of obscurity, the Niners are back atop the league.

Having said that, my questions are as follows...

Do you believe the Niners are "The Best Team in the NFL" right now?

Do you believe, all things remaining equal, that we are the SB favorites?

If you're not there yet, what will it take to get you there?
    Introducing Dodgers' Opponents' 2014 Lineups

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 -

vCash
    Nope, have to win the superbowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    Nope, have to win the superbowl.
    So does that mean you think the Giants are the best team in the league 'right now?'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    So does that mean you think the Giants are the best team in the league 'right now?'
    Sure, they are the champs until they get beat. The Giants were a 9-7 team last year and nobody at any point in the season said they were the best team until they won the Superbowl. We know we have a great team, but i don't get caught up in the power rankings and that stuff because it can change week to week. 1 game at a time for me, next up are the Vikings.

vCash
    giants were the suprbowl champion of 2011-12. they are not however the champions of 2012-2013 nor should be. i understand trying to remain humble in saying our team must still prove they are best but common! ive waited about 10 years for this kind of recognition! im not afraid to say we are the best. however, we just have to play like it.

if we play up to our potential, nobody can beat the 49ers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Sure, they are the champs until they get beat. The Giants were a 9-7 team last year and nobody at any point in the season said they were the best team until they won the Superbowl. We know we have a great team, but i don't get caught up in the power rankings and that stuff because it can change week to week. 1 game at a time for me, next up are the Vikings.
    Fair enough... Love your username BTW.

Still, as you said, the Giants weren't even the best team at any point during the season last year. Sure, they beat the stuffing out of GB, but they beat a 9ers team that really beat themselves.

By my account, the Giants weren't even a top 5 team last year, and may barely be a top 10 this year. Nobody was ready to crown Arizona the best team in NFC a few years back, even when they were playing in the SB.

My counter argument would be, isn't it possible that the best team in the league didn't win it all last year? And doesn't that happen with relative frequency?

The point is, "Power Rankings" aside, there is a 'Best Team in the League' right now, and some team is more championship ready than the rest.

I believe at this point and moving forward, all things remaining equal, that team is the Niners

vCash
    I agree they're still the "champs", but best team in the league...no. The reason...they got beat. They got beat in the first game, by the same Cowboys that got massacred by Seattle, and then needed a plethora of blown coverages by a bad Bucs team to win in the final minute.

vCash
    49ers are playing really good football right now. Gotta keep it up and have room for improvement too.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Are we a great team this year? Absolutely!

Are we the best team? We'll find that out Febuary.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    I love the way we're playing right now, and it's great to get that kind of recognition media wise. It really does show how far we've come and the quality of our football team. That being said, I really don't care who's considered the best during week 3. I want our team to be recognized as the best at the end of the season, if they are lucky enough to be hoisting up a championship trophy. It doesn't matter how great you're perceived to be, or what members of the media rank you on paper, it's all about winning the Superbowl in the end. So, with "humble hearts," let's hope this team presses on and keeps playing the way they are capable of...all the way to a "you know what" trophy

How sweet it is, how unbelievably sweet it is! 2010 AND 2012 San Francisco Giants are WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

vCash
    Really an irrelevant question right now, since its only been 3 games. What if Alex breks his leg and is out for the season, what if Justin Smith goes down? Eventual Super Bowl champions are teams playing their best when it counts. The regular season is a grind, takes a lot out of teams, even ones that are successful. Come playoff time its all about momentum, almost more important than talent. Since I can't quantify that now, its hard to offer an opinion. Just look at the Giants of last year, hardly the most successful team during the regular season.

vCash
    Yes the niners are the best team in the league right now. But I kinda liked being the underdogs. Look out for those bandwagoners cuz they are coming but looking at where we were at just this time last year I gotta say oh yes this feels good and it's been a long time coming I don't care how early it is in the season it's a big deal to me. Now time for number 6

vCash
    I'm willing to say we are the best team in the league right now. And if we keep playing like this, no doubt were the superbowl favorites. Lets keep rollin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOULDA COULDA View Post
    Really an irrelevant question right now, since its only been 3 games. What if Alex breks his leg and is out for the season, what if Justin Smith goes down?
    Not to be a dick, but you called my question irrelevant and posted two irrelevant questions to summarize why you identified it as such.

The question was 'all things remaining equal, are we the best team in the league?' Losing Alex or Justin Smith is hardly an example of 'all things remaining equal.'

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, I just didn't think this question is as complicated as some of you are making it out to be.

There is definitely a "Best Team in the League" right now. The question is simple; is it the 49ers?

vCash
    i don't care about being the best in week 2 i care about being the best after the superbowl. one week at a time fellas!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast