Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Cutler Rated and Hated

An interesting article. Just thought it would be cool to share.

Top most hated celebrates.
    http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-celebr...eserve-part-2/

#4. Jay Cutler

Getty

Why All the Hate?

If you're not a sports fan, you maybe know Jay Cutler as the guy who knocked up Kristin Cavallari (who's got a lot of nerve having a name I had to Google so I could spell it correctly). The rest of you know him as the sad-faced, doubled-chinned quarterback of the Chicago Bears. There have been a lot of knocks against him (literally and figuratively) during his time under center in the Windy City. Most famously, he was called out for being "soft" after leaving the NFC Championship game in January 2011 with a knee injury that many suspected wasn't nearly as bad as it seemed. At least not bad enough to warrant leaving such an important game.

@Jones_Drew32
    Relevant: This man's team never wins anything.

It was a stupid accusation that (I think) has since been resolved in Jay Cutler's favor, but it doesn't matter, because people hate him for an entirely different reason these days ... Jay Cutler doesn't smile enough.

Why He Doesn't Deserve It

It's a little more than that, actually. It's not that Jay Cutler doesn't smile enough, it's more that he seems to have only two settings: "disinterested" and "grumpy." This is taken as some sort of general malaise, like he's some kind of moody loner who doesn't want to interact with his teammates. But what's always confused me is that arguments about Jay Cutler's lack of interest are regularly supplemented with complaints about moments like this:

BigLeadSports

If you didn't pick up on it, that was Cutler mouthing what were most likely the words "****ing fans, I swear to God." There have been other incidents, like when he was caught on camera telling his offensive coordinator to "go **** himself" during a game:

Or the time he shoved a teammate who had seemingly forgotten how to do his job:

So which is it? Those don't seem like the actions and words of a man who lacks interest in what he's doing. Even if you think those videos just prove that Jay Cutler whines too much, I'd say you're wrong there, too. I don't know all of the specifics behind him telling his coach to go **** himself, but I'm far more likely to side with the employee than the management in a situation like that one. The image of him shoving a teammate isn't a pretty one, but ask any knowledgeable Bears fans about it and they'll confirm that the player in question is far and away the most deserving of a good shoving on the entire team. His play routinely leaves Jay Cutler scrambling for his life. You'd be salty, too.

Getty
    Even the ref is shocked at how often this happens.

The shot of him swearing to the heavens in disdain for his fan base also loses a little shock value when you factor in that his team was being booed for having just played one bad half of a game during what has so far been the team's best start since they went to the Super Bowl in 2006. It's probably a bit premature to start booing, no matter how bad the game was (the Bears went on to win, for the record). Jay Cutler commented on this. To himself.

What's the problem with that? The alternative is for him to not care, and he already gets enough flack for that.

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-celebr...#ixzz2BwbBkzWK

vCash
    Yeah, I was pleased with that.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Reason I hate Cutler he doesn't care but he cares too much. He doesn't smile but when he smiles he's cocky. He's a dick but he does great work with charity. He targets Marshall too much but why isn't Marshall getting targeted right now?

vCash
    **** cutler he's just an *******

vCash
    The article is about guys who don't deserve the hate they get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    The article is about guys who don't deserve the hate they get.
    He deserves it I saw him pinch a baby once.

vCash
    Is that the old school magazine, Cracked?
    Alshon's Athletic Bloodlines Run Deep (AND CATCH EVERYTHING)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Is that the old school magazine, Cracked?
    It's... Only that in spirit. It's actually far, far, far better than the magazine ever was.

vCash
    Word, but I mean it's the same entity huh. Interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Word, but I mean it's the same entity huh. Interesting.
    If you've never seen that site before, read the **** out of it and watch any video with Michael Swaim, Soren Bowie or Dan O'Brien in it.

It is an amazing website and you can waste many months of your life reading it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    If you've never seen that site before, read the **** out of it and watch any video with Michael Swaim, Soren Bowie or Dan O'Brien in it.

It is an amazing website and you can waste many months of your life reading it.
    Well obviously I'll avoid that but yeah I'm finding some funny stuff

vCash
    Cutler gets all the hate because the average NFL fan is an idiot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    Cutler gets all the hate because the average NFL fan is an idiot.
    Yes, very much so. Even the few Bears fans I know in this area are idiots and a couple of them dislike Cutler even now for the same reasons your average fan hates him.

Anyway, I think the only way he'll ever become more likable on a national level is if he wins a Super Bowl.

vCash
    some of the haters will hate even more if he wins a SB