Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Dee Gordon vs Ruben Tejada -- which would you rather?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dee Gordon

8 18.18%
  • Ruben Tejada

36 81.82%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    Minor leagues and I know in 2011 he wasn't that great, but he did hit over .300, granted his OBP% was low, but nobody was *****ing then and he was a top prospect before that, I just think it's to early to give up on him
    His minor league numbers are not that impressive. He basically proved he can hit singles to along with elite speed and a less than ideal walk rate. Lots of failed prospects that can attest to the same attributes.

San Francisco Giants Trophy Wall

vCash
    Of course he hits alot of singles, he's 160 LB's Lol, if you expect power you're high

vCash
    Of course he hits alot of singles, he's 160 LB's Lol, if you expect power you're high
    I don't expect power, that's why I don't think he is ever going to be anything special as a major league player (guys who hit only singles and rarely walk face an uphill battle unless they can annually hit close to .300). You keep telling us that he is not horrible because of his track record in the minor leagues. But his track record in the minor leagues suggest nothing that he is a for sure bet to stick as an every day player in the big leagues.
    Last edited by d79cheese; 12-17-2012 at 01:38 AM.

San Francisco Giants Trophy Wall

vCash
    Nobody is a sure bet, I just wanna give him a chance to see if that's the case

vCash
    He doesn't hit well, he doesn't play defense well, he doesn't walk well, he strikes out too much. The only thing Dee Gordon is good at is being fast, which doesn't help much when you don't reach base
    #Turtlepower

Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Everyone forgets dee was only a baseball player since junior year in high school, is a terror on the base paths and just needs a full season of playing. He needs to learn how to translate his minors hitting success to the majors and he will be a stud he had a good average in 3-4 real seasons in the minors and only had one injury shortened year in the majors following his 1st year which was a success. 2011 7 walks in 233 abs 2012 20 walks in 330 abs that is improvement, the top of the order other than kemp was a little light lets face it.
    Go dodgers!!!!
    LAKERS
    Go dolphins!!!!
    Go Flyers!!!!!
    I would give her a ball maybe two!!!!!!!!

vCash
    he has about the same stats tejada's walks went down last year in more abs and his SO went up, tejada with about 5 sb's a year compared to only a few less so's, compared to about the same amount of walks and 28 more stolen bases in less at bats really???? Now on the d side the 12 errors to dee's 18 is pretty close at a .946 tejada and dee, .974 fielding percentage I would say that is pretty close.
    I am kind of a super fan but ill take the base swiping in front of kemp than tejada with no speed all day long?
    Go dodgers!!!!
    LAKERS
    Go dolphins!!!!
    Go Flyers!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by d79cheese View Post
    His minor league numbers are not that impressive. He basically proved he can hit singles to along with elite speed and a less than ideal walk rate. Lots of failed prospects that can attest to the same attributes.
    And tejada seems to have the same minors numbers with less average, less walks and a drastic stolen base difference. Who is failed the guy got hurt last year and has half the major league ab's than tejada?
    Go dodgers!!!!
    LAKERS
    Go dolphins!!!!
    Go Flyers!!!!!

vCash
    better defensive short stop
    #Turtlepower

Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedinblueball View Post
    Everyone forgets dee was only a baseball player since junior year in high school, is a terror on the base paths and just needs a full season of playing. He needs to learn how to translate his minors hitting success to the majors and he will be a stud he had a good average in 3-4 real seasons in the minors and only had one injury shortened year in the majors following his 1st year which was a success. 2011 7 walks in 233 abs 2012 20 walks in 330 abs that is improvement, the top of the order other than kemp was a little light lets face it.
    Of course we forget because it doesnt matter

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    It means he's still trying to figure out the game

vCash
    It means he's still trying to figure out the game
    Your logic is flawed

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    It's not my logic... I'm just explain' what Bleedin was trying to say

vCash
    Oh well his logic. Starting baseball as a junior in high school is probably pretty common and thats still been like 8 years. It matters 0

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Is dee even going to start?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast