Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    The damned license trials were too damn hard on Hawaii. you had to take the perfect line or you would lose 10 to 15 seconds. In the rally races, there were damned rocks which would spin you out.
    Yeah, a lot of them were pretty frustrating and weren't fun on any level. Especially the longer license races. There was one race(I can't remember the class) that was in the mountains and I kept having to do it over and over because I kept losing literally 10 secs on this one corner. I couldn't go any faster than I was going or I'd spin out. The only way I beat the race was pushing really hard through other corners(spun out on those a few times too) to build a lead so when I lost time on that corner I could still hold on for the win.

I know Gran Turismo has or had license races, but I don't remember them being so difficult or damn near un beatable. License races were another one of the things that were made even tougher by the patch and should have been left out completely. That game had so much potential, but Atari just gave up on it half way through.

vCash
    i was reading around Forza forums and they say they changed the drifting in the game because they are not going to have car tuning in this one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBushido View Post
    Yeah, a lot of them were pretty frustrating and weren't fun on any level. Especially the longer license races. There was one race(I can't remember the class) that was in the mountains and I kept having to do it over and over because I kept losing literally 10 secs on this one corner. I couldn't go any faster than I was going or I'd spin out. The only way I beat the race was pushing really hard through other corners(spun out on those a few times too) to build a lead so when I lost time on that corner I could still hold on for the win.

I know Gran Turismo has or had license races, but I don't remember them being so difficult or damn near un beatable. License races were another one of the things that were made even tougher by the patch and should have been left out completely. That game had so much potential, but Atari just gave up on it half way through.
    def. you had to be formula 1 driver perfect to beat those. power tread and all that ****.

vCash
    power tread is fine but man, no f1 driver has random rock outcropping spinning them out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    i was reading around Forza forums and they say they changed the drifting in the game because they are not going to have car tuning in this one.
    That could be a deal breaker. I love the ability to customize my cars internally. Now I have a decision to make.

Can you change the outside? Such as wheels and stuff like that? Or just the color of the car?

vCash
    That makes sense if they made drifting easier since you can't tune it. You just use general drift techniques which is definitely a deal breaker. As for the license tests, GT had since the beginning and simply a tutorial to learn proper racing techniques. Weather is mostly ****ed up in any game. Even at GT, they messed that up. They did however somewhat fixed it by giving you control on whether you like the progression to be faster, slower, of fixed. It's mostly done for the endurance races. As for autobrake, wtf? I'm sorry, but if you have racing line and ABS, TC, you don't need autobrake, unless you're totally inept.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ESPN and PSD Agrees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarniifeX View Post
    That could be a deal breaker. I love the ability to customize my cars internally. Now I have a decision to make.

Can you change the outside? Such as wheels and stuff like that? Or just the color of the car?
    you can modify like Need For Speed Most Wanted ( The Original ). You just can't change the gear ratios, custom ride height and all the other stuff. the ride heights are going to be predetermined.

its not a deal breaker really since they probably don't want to go over two CDs for the game.

vCash
    oh and you can still create decals like Forza 4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23:24000927
    Quote Originally Posted by CarniifeX View Post

you can modify like Need For Speed Most Wanted ( The Original ). You just can't change the gear ratios, custom ride height and all the other stuff. the ride heights are going to be predetermined.

its not a deal breaker really since they probably don't want to go over two CDs for the game.
    If they can fit Forza 4 into why, I don't see why they can't here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ESPN and PSD Agrees

vCash
    open world games require a whole lot more memory. forza 3 and 4 were 2 cds each. original most wanted had 4 dvds on pc.

vCash
    you can change rins and all. you just can't do tuning. if they go with tuning, they will prob have basic tuning like need for speed undercover had.

vCash
    Phewf. Thanks for the clarification.

vCash
    Wasn't too sold on the Demo when I tried it out. It was said to have the same physics engine as Forza Motorsport 4, but it felt somewhat arcade-ish, to me, being a racing-sim kind of guy. What kind of turned me off was the dirt race, where they pitted my Evo X against the stock ML63 and SVT Raptor...2 different vehicle classes, which didn't make much sense to me...as well as no extensive damage/points for crashing. Regardless of it being just a demo, I'd rather get the game as a gift rather than putting money down on it. Just my $0.02

vCash
    I will pick this up after the Holidays. Way to many games coming out right now for me to worry about Forza.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerv_the_Knick View Post
    Wasn't too sold on the Demo when I tried it out. It was said to have the same physics engine as Forza Motorsport 4, but it felt somewhat arcade-ish, to me, being a racing-sim kind of guy. What kind of turned me off was the dirt race, where they pitted my Evo X against the stock ML63 and SVT Raptor...2 different vehicle classes, which didn't make much sense to me...as well as no extensive damage/points for crashing. Regardless of it being just a demo, I'd rather get the game as a gift rather than putting money down on it. Just my $0.02
    Again, this is Forza in name only. It isn't meant to be Forza 5. This is a Forza 4.5 and a way to essentially spend the time while people are waiting for the next gen consoles

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast