Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Baseball 360 2013?

Has anyone heard yet if there will be a 2013 baseball game for Xbox? I know 2k's contract expired.

vCash
    The contract will either be picked up with 2K or other companies will make it.

vCash
    Don't you think we would have heard something by now? Baseball games usually come out in March right? That's only 5 months away. If any company is planning to make a game for 360 they better hurry.

vCash
    I'll say this.

Last year, I was at the gym and randomly started talking it up with this guy because he was mentioning how nice the gym was compared to others he's been to.

Anyways, turned out he works for Sony. He was traveling up the West Coast (from San Diego Sony headquarters) attending baseball games. He said he takes pictures of players faces to provide to the guys who turn those into 3D player sculptures for MLB The Show. He said that The Show was also expanding to XBOX soon.

Could he be right?

vCash
    Doesn't Sony "own" The Show? They wouldn't release an asset to Microsoft

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    don't see sony selling the game to xbox considering that would be helping there rival.

I thought i read something that EA was making baseball games again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    Doesn't Sony "own" The Show? They wouldn't release an asset to Microsoft
    Not unless Microsoft paid a ton of money

vCash
    if the show came to xbox i'd be a lot happier, since MLB 2k games are crap
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    Bring back MVP!

vCash
    I am not sure what company makes The Show. If it is a 3rd party studio that Sony just pays for the publishing rights then yes it could come to the Xbox. However if it is a first party studio then Sony would have to either sell the rights to Microsoft or cut a deal and neither will happen.

Like Gears of War. Microsoft is just the publisher, but they have like a 10 year contract with Epic for Gears of War games. That game will never see a Sony console unless Epic decides not to only work with Microsoft. However that is very unlikely because Microsoft will pay whatever it takes to keep that game under their umbrella.

vCash
    Yea, I always thought that Sony's San Diego studio made "The Show" and I don't see how the Xbox would get a port of the game. Correct me if I'm wrong but I've heard that MLB 2k12 will be the last baseball game that 2k makes.

I just found a link to "MLB 2K12 Could be the Series' Last."
    Last edited by N3TS; 10-23-2012 at 03:25 AM.

vCash
    I wouldn't hold my breath for a 360 baseball game in 2013 - I think 2K realized that the contract they had wasn't worth it in comparison to what they were actually making on the 2K baseball series.. they're prob better off focusing their $ on continuing to dominate the NBA genre.

It feels like sports games, with the exception of soccer (FIFA and PES) are down to 1 major franchise per sport .. Madden, NBA 2K, MLB The Show, & NHL ... usually not a good sign for the end users aka us.

vCash
    i would love for 2k football to come back, madden is really starting to suck

vCash
    Bring back High Heat...
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    Squibble Squabble

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    I am not sure what company makes The Show. If it is a 3rd party studio that Sony just pays for the publishing rights then yes it could come to the Xbox. However if it is a first party studio then Sony would have to either sell the rights to Microsoft or cut a deal and neither will happen.

Like Gears of War. Microsoft is just the publisher, but they have like a 10 year contract with Epic for Gears of War games. That game will never see a Sony console unless Epic decides not to only work with Microsoft. However that is very unlikely because Microsoft will pay whatever it takes to keep that game under their umbrella.
    MLB The Show is made by Sony San Diego, so yeah no chance in hell of that happening. I wouldn't be surprised to see Konami come out with a MLB game in the US. They have a popular one in Japan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast